Prints survey - please answer if you can

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Prints survey - please answer if you can

I hope it's okay to post this here.

Any help would be much appreciated - posting this on behalf of a friend who is doing a market research project and having trouble getting people to do his survey - not many people on the Street talk forum know what a print is, so I thought I would appeal to some artistic people.

I know it's an artistic community here but some of the questions such as size, price and the such would be relevant to all prints - so if your a buyer I would be greatful if you could fill it out. Because we're from New Zealand it would be great if you could inform us of the currency when posting any money details so we can convert it.

Sex:
    1. Are you interested in purchasing a print of aerial photography in the next 6 months?
    Yes/No

2. Where would you prefer to buy your print?
    Saturday Market/Exhibition/Art Gallery/Gift Shop/No preference/Other

3. How would you prefer your print?
    Framed/Matt Board/Block Mounted/Straight Print/Other

4. What size print would you prefer to purchase?
    A4/A3/A2/A1/Other

5. How much would you approximately be willing to pay for a print of an aerial photo? (Size taken from Question 4)
    ...................... (Please indicate your currency)

6. Aside from the cost and not liking it, what are some reasons why you would NOT purchase a print?
    .................................................. .......................................

Thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First off, I'd have to say that this sort of print probably would not appeal to an artist. Aerial photography tends to be more fact-finding or tourist than intentionally artistic--at least the kind I would always see in my frame shop.

The type of people that would bring those prints in would always want CHEAP and the subject matter to be some landmark that was exciting to them (Typically tourism spots, occationally "I work/live there!" spots). Going on that cheap theme, people love stuff that can hang immediately (like print on canvas), but if you go with frames go inexpensive and neutral. If you do regular prints and they're relatively small, try dressing them up a bit with a mat as that tends to justify larger cost to a consumer.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.