I'm already an art student, but I want more!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm already an art student, but I want more!

Hello, I didn't know very well where exactly to post this, I hope this is the right place.

My name's Catalina, I live in Chile and I'm an art student. The thing is that now I'm in a "pause", I mean, I'm not studying right now and I won't for a year or so, and I'd love to keep learning theory even if I'm not asked to right now, just because I love it.

I know there are a lot of art books, dictionaries, encyclopedias etc. and I'm already reading some

I was wondering, does anybody know where I can get "theory" documents, pdf or texts? (
    months ago a very kind guy here showed me a very good pdf document about composition, with images and all, I learned so much....

I want to know if you have something like that, online, but not because of that poor or incomplete (which is the reason I ceased looking by myself on the net) but it needs to be a virtual text, isince Chile has spanish as main language, that's why some book titles are pretty useless for me right now, I just can't acquire many english books here....

.... I know this sounds very lazy of me, but believe me, I'm trying by all means to learn, I'm already reading art history books, practicing by myself techniques and asking local artist some advice, so, why not, looking for artists around the world in this site who might have valuable knowledge to share to me.

right now, about theory, I want to read the following topics:

- composition
    - color theory
    - advanced drawing
    - human anatomy (proportions)

I'm not a newbie but I'm neither an expert, I'm like an intermediate student, I know the basics and I have plenty of talent, but sometimes I think I don't know a thing and that I lack of a basis, so any level-oriented text would be fine.

I just want to learn more, improve as an artist, as a person. I need to know more and to get better, I can't explain very well why, is not like I want to beat others or be the best, I'm not competitive at all , all I want is to beat myself, to achieve an ideal of skills and knowledge in me that has always been in my mind and heart. I need to grow up as an artist, and I need some advice from the masters, so I can become one, one day, is my dream.

thanks a lot in advantage, a lot! this site is an oasis for me

Catalina

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're at the right place if you're looking to learn!

I can direct you to many helpful posts, tutorials, and such that can help you, and they're all in ENGLISH! Huzzah!

-Tons of assignment practice that build skill and mind, not only for concept art despite the name- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81332

-More assignments for help on perspective if needed- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho....php?p=1485584

-For everything else, here is an amazing index of PDFs for great books, but online! There is even figure drawing, and a book on painting that could help with color. This might last you for awhile.- http://acid.noobgrinder.com/Loomis/

Check out My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Best I know of. Using this is a base, you should be able to learn more yourself just by observation of your environment.

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot everyone! I understand english , the problem is that where I live I just can't get english books

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hola
    I personally love this book:
    The Practice and Science of Drawing by Harold Speed
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...90#post1745990

Right now im trying to copy Brigman´s Complete guide for drawing from life whenever i get a chance, is fantastic, i dont have the link, maybe googling around a bit.

I also cant find much books on the subject were i live, not in english nor spanish, so the internet and CA have been a great resource for me to have.

Last edited by Renegade89; May 1st, 2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.