like I said before there is a full feature demo which you can just go and try and then uninstall. but I looked around and could find no lettering feature in SAI so I guess you might be out of luck there :-/
No there's no Text Tool in SAI, I wonder what those two empty boxes in the tools panel were for but I doubt we'll ever know since SAI development seems to be dead for quite some time. Maybe he has hopes a big company will buy SAI or something.
that really would be nice. the cross-platform MyPaint holds similar potential but SAI is just on a whole other professional level in performance of design. :/ it's odd though, I wonder how many copies of SAI he sold. If he's really just one guy, with such an app, and given the number of japanese wacom users, shouldn't he be.. well, well funded to continue dev one would think...
I am checking randomly the Paint Tool Sai site and dear lord, this time I can see an update!! Only a Japanese update but at least the software is alive.
(Ver.1.2.0-Beta.3, 2012-08-18, 2.4M)
I don't know about you but I was waiting for this moment for years!
Here the Google translation from the Japanese page
· Fixed an issue that will be funny and size to maximize the window when the primary display is smaller than the sub display
· Fixed an issue where some dialogs in multi-display appears in the center of the entire desktop
- Fixed startup problems abend environment it tablet driver is not installed
- Fixed to convert the pixel / inch resolution of the integer value of the meter reading the bitmap and PNG files
· Fixed a bug (actually become 71.98 and save at 72ppi) calculation problem resolution when saving PNG bitmap and
· Fixed an issue where the position is shifted to maximize the window when the taskbar is on the far left or at the top
· Fixed an issue where an error occurs in the conversion between RGB and VHSV / HSV
· Fixed a problem that does not return to the original tool and there is no image to be deformed when you start the image deformation in a shortcut key
· Fixed a problem that will rewrite the path that is linked to when you rename a bookmark entry
· Fixed an issue where the pen tip may become unresponsive if you assign a shortcut key to a side switch
· Fixed a problem mouse cursor displayed on the guide image deformation is not the correct orientation
(Remake almost all) revamped file viewer
- (Such as the management of the libraries, but not including) the official support of Windows 7 in a library
- Integration and bookmarks folder tree
- Support for keyboard navigation in the file list and folder tree
- So that you do not accidentally change the extension, change the specifications you can not edit the extension
- Change it to something that matches the namespace of the shell from the file system path to display the location of the file
(-> "Desktop / Foo / My Pictures / mypic.sai":: "\ Users \ Foo \ My Pictures \ mypic.sai C" 1 example)
2 cases (: "C: \ myfolder \ mypic.sai" -> "Local Drive (C / myfolder / mypic.sai")
(Certainty is unknown at this time because they are a Treat) eliminate the non-delay-time rendering Aero in Windows 7
· Fixed a bug in the Miscellaneous happens when you maximize the window in a multi-display environment
· Fixed an issue with incorrect undo is terminated prematurely when the amount of history data retention is greater than 4GB
- Change it to something easy to understand display on the memory usage
• Integrated and sfl.dll sai.exe
Other minor adjustments and
oh thank you!! if you download the lower binary link, the update binary you'll retain the english language of the program while updating.
good to see he's working again! now maybe he'll jump on the horse of finishing the vector graphics features soon pepper pepper salt salt!
Developed Actively by vBSocial.com