Art: Last Man Standing 3 - ROUND 2 / Matches 1-18 - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Oblio is offline Pointless. 1st CA student. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuck - i will not eat today - i want to keep the taste of this thread alive.
    I'm blown out... RESPEKT!
    can;t pick favs - totally unfair... i love so manny.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what a load of suck. the guy that beat me pussed out!

I could have been a CONTENDER!

Grendel Grack you get 4 \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ Rockins

Its like i have come home, only i hate being at home so by association i hate you.

HAIL MEGATRON... the site

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Splittingadams For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by 0kelvin View Post
    Ben Mauro, didn't you already post that picture a few months ago?
    Um, yeah. Wasn't this on your blog a while back? For a different project? Sorry, it just seems a little unfair to me.

On a happier note: I think my absolute top, top favorites this round - out of lots of very awesome entries - are Poshspice, Fedezz, Brun, and Grendel Grack. Wonderful work, dudes!

blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluefooted For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefooted View Post
    Um, yeah. Wasn't this on your blog a while back? For a different project? Sorry, it just seems a little unfair to me.

On a happier note: I think my absolute top, top favorites this round - out of lots of very awesome entries - are Poshspice, Fedezz, Brun, and Grendel Grack. Wonderful work, dudes!
    By the way, my girlfriend told me, "Bluefooted piece is so awesome; I would totally have her babies."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    FUCK!!!

Jason Chan, I love you so much right now, just because of that painting!!!

All of you others, great, awesome, mind-blowing work!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find a lot of this thread interesting at all the butt suckery that is going on, but I suppose that is what threads like this are for.

Here are the ones I felt were the best. I suppose I could be a real cad and list the ones I think are trash, but that isn't nice

I'm PMSing, so nyah.

Hurricane - I saved this to my Inspiration folder immediately - it sings to every corner of Fairy Tale love I've ever had, thanks for creating such a great image

Sept13 - What a great expression on his face, I LOVE the juxtaposition of the robot being the innocent one.

Texahol - What a nice showing. Perfectly clear interp, which I rather prefer to be honest. Lovely RED.

GrendelGrack - What's not to love? Even better than your first round. Fantastic Illustration - perfect story in an image - and beautiful colors, as always.

Cicinimo - I'm so glad I lost to YOU in the first round, haha. Excellent. My jaw actually dropped and I said "WOW" out loud. More like "Wooooooooooooow" and then I studied it intently. Just gorgeous. It's a goddamn tragedy you and Grendel have to go up against one another, because besides Hurricane's your two are the strongest images in my opinion.

Wassermelone - Another one where I just stared, gaped, more like. Quite different than your first round and I liked being surprised. It's very serene and beautiful and evocative of creation, I like it very much

GreenTopaz - Wow! I love your stuff! Love how he breaks out of the top of the image like that, very cool

Entroid - Props!! LOVE this subject - outbreak, indeed. What a great Illustration, so many characters and such a funny and yet really meaningful story it tells (to some of us anyway ) Keep right on doing what you're doing!

“It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nerahla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wassermelone View Post
    By the way, my girlfriend told me, "Bluefooted piece is so awesome; I would totally have her babies."
    Tell her she's welcome to them: this whole 'labor and childbirth' thing just doesn't seem like a lot of fun to me

I also forgot to mention Entdroid's and your own entry in my list of favs!

blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bluefooted For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments, guys!

I'm still busy picking up the pieces of my mind as it was thoroughly blown by these amazing entries.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    splendid work fellahs! thanks for awakening
    my creativity juices again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine View Post
    Last Man Standing 3 - ROUND 2 / Matches 1-18
    Also, a point system will be implemented from here on out. Points will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last place for each match.
    I was simply wondering how this would play out exactly. Does this mean each round winner would get 4 points, second place would get 3 points, etc. ?

Or rather would these points be allocated according to the judges pics for each round, thereby giving each participant a better idea of where they stood in their respective match (which would seem to make more sense, to me at any rate hehe). Like, each judge would pic his first, second, third and forth place for each match, and by adding up all the judges different points you get the total points for each contender ?

Ahhh details, details !… hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats to all the participants. Some really great work.

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chingwa Overall I like your entry, but mostly because of he face in the mirror, it tells the story well, it is hilarious looking geisha.
    But the compostion doesn't look united and well thougt out IMO. I think it was not good idea to put such a great emphasize on the glowing lamp near the mirror, it is a huge distraction. The size of the reflection of the girl's head in the mirror is too big comparing to distance, it is even bigger than the person herself. The same goes to hands, too big in reflection. I would prefer that you put some more emephasize at the objects and details you wnat me to see and less on less imporatnt ( i woud say the face of the woman and the man could have been kist suggeted, less definite._
    Compostion too could have been better if you made it more compact and made the rhytmbetter as well in the picutre, there are some empty spots in the picutre which feel like a awkward silence in the middle of converstaion.
    SVE Thanks a lot for taking the time to critique my piece, it's much appreciated. I was looking for a somewhat different interpretation (it looks like Poshspice and I were siamese twins, sharing the same brain), but it only came out about 60% of where I wanted it to go. I have a lot to work on, and I agree with you about defining the important parts of the painting moreso than others. Thanks!

Also, fedezz I absolutely love your entry, even though I can't decide how it matches the theme! care to enlighten me?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to Sept 13, Poshspice, and Chuck,Mate.

Just wanted to point out my favorites.

flaptraps - If Scooby Doo ghosts were scary, this is what they'd be. Great colors.
    Hurricane - This is probably my overall favorite. Great lighting and composition. Love the goblinoids chewing on each other.
    vyle - I don't really get it, but 's got a lot of dyamic shapes going on. Love that weird guy in the suit in the middle.
    wassermelone - for some reason this piece has kind of a 70s vibe to it. or maybe it's art decoish. but whatever it is, it's interesting. love that blue color in the cloud behind the figure and the graphic quality of the swirls coming out of his pipe
    poshspice - This is a really great painting. Probably my favorite thing I've ever seen from you. The patterning and color is fantastic. One thing I really like is that increase in saturation in the shadow on her right elbow.
    idiotapathy - This painting intrigues me. This is one of my definite favorites of the entire group. It feels like something from the Legend of Zelda, with your creepy, swirly golem designs. I really like how the trees look like they're warping away like the power of these creatures is effecting them. Love the cool light behind the main golem and how it draws your eye in with it's dominancy. I think it also feels a little unfinished in places, but it's definitely a nice piece.
    Jason Chan - I'm not going to blow you like the rest of these schmoes, but you did do a pretty great piece. Did you use a 3d model for that jungle gym? Jaggies are showing.
    prostate sunrise - Pretty sweet helmet on that demon dude. Love to see his feet though.

Last edited by Kirtz; April 24th, 2008 at 10:02 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirtz For This Useful Post:

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful job by everyone. So much great amount of amazing piece in here and so many interpretations, such a good round. Congrats to everybody!

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow.

jesus man. I actually couldn't get on to see the thread until last night but I couldn't even process what I was looking at until this morning! Is this the best round of LMS ever? I have to say that it's just as well I had to step down my round, my ass would have been kicked six ways from Sunday!

"Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are only two words that can sum up the mad skill here... "Holy Shit!" : ) Best LMS work I think I've seen to date. Tilson, where do you find the time?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, love these LMS's because theres always alot of great artwork.
    All of the entries are good, but the ones that stand out to most to me are Baron's, Texahols, Barett's, Spray Nations, and Steak-Tron's.

And of course Jason Chan's, which has just became my new wallpaper

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=113536 Feel free to critique, would be greatly appreciated.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Marks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I've scratched my head at one or two wondering how Outbreak applies, but that's probably me just not catching the allusion; that aside, I've been back here at least a couple of times a day since the thread went up, just enjoying the eye candy (even on the ones that puzzle me).

I've enjoyed the compositions and colours; some have made me think, some have made me gasp and one or two have made me giggle. I'm loving it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason Chan's entry is awesome! I can't believe this 'simple' idea with kids fighting back kid zombies is such a great story into itself... wow!

Best,

Chris

My SKETCHBOOK!
    My Deviantart!

I'm working at:
    www.McPeppergames.com

My creator-owned comic... now available as a FREE digital download:
    MAYA thread here at conceptart.org
    MAYA website

Facebook
    LinkedIn
    TWITTER

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Great stuff guys! I'm still digesting all of the incredible work .

I have many favorites: Sept 13, Flaptraps, Idiot Apathy, Poshspice, Cicinimo, Ragnar X, FVallejo, Bumskee, Kenji, blue-footed, thom, and steaktron. But in my mind there were no weak pieces (well, maybe mine, lol!).

Look forward to seeing next rounds entries .

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SprayNation For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW! there are some amazing entries in this round!! I have tons of favorites, definitely want to hang them on my walls.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason Chan: zombie whelps and whiffle bats--best of this round, IMO!

Poshspice: your stuff always rocks. I love the symbolist take.

Grendel Grack: My favorite piece of yours. Awesome job.

Ethax: Whoa, you took a big jump from your portraits. Excellent work.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artifex33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i absolutely LOVE brun's idea !!!! freaking awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to vibhas_virwani For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JASON CHAN, your idea just rocks me to the core... The simplicity of it is just unimaginably brilliant!...

Also POSHSPICE, damn do I love your women....

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Results are in!

1. flaptraps
    2. Hurricane
    3. viag
    4. fedezz
    5. Baron Impossible
    6. wassermelone
    7. Sept13
    8. Ben Mauro
    9. Cicinimo
    10. Tamte
    11. Jason Chan
    12. fvallejo
    13. M.C. Barrett
    14. bumskee
    15. SprayNation
    16. bluefooted
    17. thom
    18. steak-tron

Amazing round all, there were some truly fantastic pieces submitted that you should all be proud of. Some matches seemed unanimously difficult to judge, but when the dust settles only one can advance on. Congratulations also to the contender whose piece was voted best of the round, the one and only Jason Chan. There goes round three's planned topic, Zombie Children Attack. The prize is a sensual rubdown from yours truly redeemable immediately.

Round Three match-ups to be posted within the next few days, otherwise known as when-I-get-around-to-it. Again, congrats to those who advance two round three as well as those who fought their way to round two. You've all helped make this one of the best rounds yet.

Last edited by strych9ine; May 8th, 2008 at 05:10 PM.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strych9ine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats you guys! Best of luck in the next round!

"It's worth the grief." - Greg Manchess

--SSG #46--
    Blaz | MarkWinters | petitemistress | sfa | Shmaba

SketchbookWebsiteBlog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pretty cool work you guys...

and by that, I mean insanely good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Curse you, Chan! Curse youuuu!

(j/k, you know you're great )

Congrats to the winners, everyone did so awesome this round (except myself of course). Especially in love with the entries of Texahol, fvallejo, SprayNation, wassermelone, stevekim, Jason Chan, fedezz, and flaptraps, in no particular order.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats to wassermelone, take it to the top!

“Figure out what you wanna do, then take a nap.”
    www.matthewstarbuck.com

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Faxtar For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1