Imagination
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Imagination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Imagination

how do i start.. i try to explain the best i can.

hmmm everytime i read a book or anything for the matter, i imagine what i read. as long i read a statement that describes something, the images get created in my mind. it is like i am 'watching' a movie through my mind, it keeps rolling.

for example, when i was reading Dan Brown's books some time back, i imagine the art gallery, the chasing and escapes and everything. i imagine robert langdon receiving the fax of illumaniti, he waking up in bed, he and sofie together, Leonardo Vetra dead in the lab, the particles colliding inside the collider in CERN. i imagine how the Vatican, churches and streets look like..

I just read up on Thomas Edison and I imagine him reading his collection of books next to a shelf voraciously, imagine him working on the train, the tracks, him working in his lab.. etc etc

I feel so surreal writing this now. It is like the images are all happening and real. of course, i know what is real and i'm not insane. haha. erm i am practising 3d modeling at the moment, not doing any 2d. i am thinking when i start to draw next time, i am able to get inspiration and ideas from what i imagine.. basically, just drawing what i imagine. the only problem is how accurate and well can i draw it out.

i believe everyone experiences the same thing, yes? please share your view. the mind is an amazing thing.

Searching the true meaning and purpose of life.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runaway For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    god the craziest shit happened i mean i honestly dont understand it but i was talking to my friend and it was like everything he was saying i was hearing and then translating into thought and forming an opinion in my head. then when he was finished talking a reply would come up in my head and i would say it i was just wondering has anyone else experienced this or do i have some kind of tumor or neurological disorder???

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to light For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, it happens to everyone.

There is no age in art.

Please see my Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rainville View Post
    BAH! You beat me too it.

Anyway, the imagination is easy. Putting them down on paper is the pain in the ass.

Last edited by Costau D; April 20th, 2008 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I have a pretty serious problem and I was wondering if Anyone else out there might now what I was dealing with and might be able to help.

I have no motor control or sensation whatsoever in my hair. It's been this way since birth and I'm not going to lie to you; it's really hard sometimes. My hair just doesn't move at all no matter how much I will it to. I can't even test liquid temperatures by dipping it in things. I can't do any of the things that most of you probably take for granted. I can't tie my shoes, type, play piano, fire a pistol, or signal aircrafts with my hair.

I'm wondering what medical options, if any, are available to me. Can sensation to hair be restored? I've explored the idea of a transplant but unfortunately the waiting list is quite long and matching donors are few and far between. At what point should I consider amputation? Does anyone know of any support groups or how I might find local meetings?

Last edited by N D Hill; April 20th, 2008 at 09:50 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Only solution to that is killing yourself. :|

Rocul is offline Trying to improve faster Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by N D Hill View Post
    I have no motor control or sensation whatsoever in my hair. It's been this way since birth and I'm not going to lie to you; it's really hard sometimes. My hair just doesn't move at all no matter how much I will it to. I can't even test liquid temperatures by dipping it in things. I can't do any of the things that most of you probably take for granted. I can't tie my shoes, type, play piano, fire a pistol, or signal aircrafts with my hair.
    I find it amusing that I lol'd at this.

...and to this thread, I believe that anyone can imagine what they have read, that what make books so interesting and great to read.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I can lick my elbow.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the only problem is how accurate and well can i draw it out.

I am not so interested in "accurate", that is to me like taking of photograph of your imagination and then just copying it. What I am interested in is what happens when I am painting and making art, being present to the process and being able to turn this way or that when I see the way open.

I experience it as Dreaming with My Eyes Open.

I am also interested in shamanism where the imagination and "reality" are not separate, they are both alive and the artist and spirit people are the ones who know and are able to move in and out for the betterment of the many worlds.

sweet!

Imnapl is offline Don't follow in my footsteps...seriously I run into walls Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It does happen to everyone....half the time when I read I don't even remember reading the part I read but I have pictures in my head like movies.

This is good for me because I can see it and write it down. I'm striving to be an author (with illustration) and so having so much imagination makes me smile.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I can make my heart beat without even thinking about it, is this normal everyone? i heard that your heart moves but i'm not sure if everyone has to actually flex the muscle or what. I don't even think about it and it just does it and always has.
    I also have found that i dont have to think about it to blink. I'll just be sitting here and notice i've been blinking for the last hour or so with no thought whatsoever. I just thought it was really cool, anyone else able to accomplish similar feats? thanks,

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yeah. I need to agree with markwagner.

Recently I was making some quick character design sketches for my personal project. I had some image in my head of how should it look like. The first few results were just trying out random ideas. Then I figured out design that looked surprisingly fresh and everything felt on the right place. It wasn't what I was initially thinking though. Next day I tried again drawing it again from scratch to see what else is possible and it turned out exactly how I imagined it. However that image from imagination was much more cliché and boring than previous one.

It seems that those first images are much more shallow than I previously thought. Maybe it's be better to leave only flavour as maing goal, but focus on the process. When you look at those few squiggles on paper and try to push them further, that's when visual side of brain starts to really work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sometimes.... sometimes I get thirsty....

I'm a freak.

tomwaits4noman is offline well, that's a pipe of a different color Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by runaway View Post
    for example, when i was reading Dan Brown's books some time back, i imagine the art gallery, the chasing and escapes and everything. i imagine robert langdon receiving the fax of illumaniti, he waking up in bed, he and sofie together, Leonardo Vetra dead in the lab, the particles colliding inside the collider in CERN. i imagine how the Vatican, churches and streets look like..
    When I read the Da Vinci code I imagined Dan Brown bursting out laughing as he counted his money as a trained chimp hammered away on the sequel to the book. Proof that a chimp with a type writer does not equal Shakespeare....

SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Rocul is offline Trying to improve faster Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by markwagner View Post
    I experience it as Dreaming with My Eyes Open.
    Beautifully said!!

My Sketchpad

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Hedburg
    This one guy said, "Look at that girl. She's got a nice butt." I said, "Yeah, I bet she can sit down excellently!"

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.