Sketchbook: Hate and Disgust-Odium's Sketchbook 2008

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hate and Disgust-Odium's Sketchbook 2008

Greetings everyone. im new here, led here by a friend of mine who goes by MonsterKill here at CA. i can seej ust from scanning around the many great artists on this site and hope i can learn and share with you ima bit anti social at times but only because i cant always think of what to say in response and mean nothing by it, well thats all i can think of to say on introductions, um... crits' more than welcome, im trying to get better none stop and have a had a long life of.. drawing things that only held me back. so feel free to point out anything you see that could be, and is wrong.

ill start off with a few sketches and thumbnails ive done whilst practicing a few techniques, newist to oldest here.
    (and honestly, only the clown is even worth looking at i believe as the rest arnt all finished and still have an ass-ton of errors.)

hopefully more (good) to come soon!

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one more for tonight..

its not very clear but the futhark i wrote on the shoulders says "God listens -- to slayer"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see are doing a nice amount of drawings, and the last one has some clear progress!

I would strongly suggest doing alot of Black/White value studies, while trying to use a full range of values.

It will help you get some routine at building up the form and you can work on colors after right?

Also I feel that some of the images could need some more sharp lines and forms, as everything is round right now, and I know it's not as simple as this but all in all it is a bit easier to make something with box-like forms than round forms as there will be less sides on the box when put next to the balls' 360-view, and I guess the edges of the box do their thing also. I'm not saying you should drop round forms, but try to build your skills up from bottom to top.

I myself did exactly like you, and now I have alot of studies to do on the basics because of it! :|

Keep up the good work, I will be watching you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lakka: i actually know what you mean there and honestly i hope to do alot more studies in just black and white ( i rather enjoy monotones and greyscale imaging)however, at the moment the only thing i can practice on with that is with papper and pencil, as my monitors rather old so it struggles to show any value of black unless i use a major color with it. i appreciate the interest in my work and your advice!

few hours later

i've come up with this picture, mainly gray-scale, and all, but i had to add a little color just to make it stick out, so the flaming head and 3 jewel eyes is supposed to be the only color here, even though it looks a little odd now without the fire highlight color on the skin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one more grey, did this oen a little to dark and small... the second one is more of a warmup design today than anything serious. i imagine stephen colbert saying it in the detail of 'Phil ken Sebben' from harvey birdman attorney at law Chicken axe, ha HA!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    few more sketches and stuff, im a little to when it comes to updating

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its been forever since ive posted anything new, im still drawing, but right now i do not have any internet access, in at a cyber cafe at the moment updating this on my gf's friends comp.

will post when i get back, and hopefully illhave improved some by then.

odium out

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.