Thread: Hate and Disgust-Odium's Sketchbook 2008

Thanks

Hate and Disgust-Odium's Sketchbook 2008

Greetings everyone. im new here, led here by a friend of mine who goes by MonsterKill here at CA. i can seej ust from scanning around the many great artists on this site and hope i can learn and share with you ima bit anti social at times but only because i cant always think of what to say in response and mean nothing by it, well thats all i can think of to say on introductions, um... crits' more than welcome, im trying to get better none stop and have a had a long life of.. drawing things that only held me back. so feel free to point out anything you see that could be, and is wrong.

ill start off with a few sketches and thumbnails ive done whilst practicing a few techniques, newist to oldest here.
    (and honestly, only the clown is even worth looking at i believe as the rest arnt all finished and still have an ass-ton of errors.)

hopefully more (good) to come soon!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    one more for tonight..

its not very clear but the futhark i wrote on the shoulders says "God listens -- to slayer"

Thanks
    I see are doing a nice amount of drawings, and the last one has some clear progress!

I would strongly suggest doing alot of Black/White value studies, while trying to use a full range of values.

It will help you get some routine at building up the form and you can work on colors after right?

Also I feel that some of the images could need some more sharp lines and forms, as everything is round right now, and I know it's not as simple as this but all in all it is a bit easier to make something with box-like forms than round forms as there will be less sides on the box when put next to the balls' 360-view, and I guess the edges of the box do their thing also. I'm not saying you should drop round forms, but try to build your skills up from bottom to top.

I myself did exactly like you, and now I have alot of studies to do on the basics because of it! :|

Keep up the good work, I will be watching you!

Thanks
    Lakka: i actually know what you mean there and honestly i hope to do alot more studies in just black and white ( i rather enjoy monotones and greyscale imaging)however, at the moment the only thing i can practice on with that is with papper and pencil, as my monitors rather old so it struggles to show any value of black unless i use a major color with it. i appreciate the interest in my work and your advice!

few hours later

i've come up with this picture, mainly gray-scale, and all, but i had to add a little color just to make it stick out, so the flaming head and 3 jewel eyes is supposed to be the only color here, even though it looks a little odd now without the fire highlight color on the skin

Thanks
    one more grey, did this oen a little to dark and small... the second one is more of a warmup design today than anything serious. i imagine stephen colbert saying it in the detail of 'Phil ken Sebben' from harvey birdman attorney at law Chicken axe, ha HA!

Thanks
    few more sketches and stuff, im a little to when it comes to updating

Thanks
    its been forever since ive posted anything new, im still drawing, but right now i do not have any internet access, in at a cyber cafe at the moment updating this on my gf's friends comp.

will post when i get back, and hopefully illhave improved some by then.

odium out