My PE Teacher is a F***ing @$$hole! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My PE Teacher is a F***ing @$$hole!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    people who spend alot of their time on the computer and internet hate and insult the people who make them perform physical activity? i'm in a state of shock that will probably last the decade

2. The Following User Says Thank You to light For This Useful Post:

GNL

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. It's always fun to see the responses to these kinds of things, now especially since I'm a teacher.

1. Many, many teachers are nasty, and most likely do have some of those personality disorders listed above. This is in all fields even art, and I've seen it. Not every PE coach is going to be one, though. I've had some decent PE teachers. I've actually met some who honestly enjoy playing games with kids, and are just family oriented. They mostly work elementary. The motivation mentioned by Dug up above is actually very disturbing - that'd be a teacher to avoid.

2. I'm amazed people think it's alright to beat up a teacher, just like I'm amazed to hear of teachers doing it. With most students (especially middle school) their word isn't as good as that of an adult. As a substitute, I've seen entire classes full of students just trying to figure out some way to start a situation and paint it in their favor, just for fun (Hmm, near Salem MA, I wonder if it's a holdover from the witch days?). So, unless you're a parent who really knows that your child is serious, fairminded, and exceptionally objective, take what they say with a grain of salt. Also meet those teachers beforehand and make your own opinion.

3. It's amazing to see who thinks its okay for teachers to gossip with students about other teachers. It always bugged me during my volunteering/practicum to see how many teachers got into the "highschooler" mentality. It's a sad fact that many teachers' minds warp into the mindset of the student level they teach.

4. Thank god I teach in Slovakia.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jake, I'm not condoning what your teacher did, but are we getting the whole story here? Do you two have any previous history that would explain her (over)reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by jadefoodog
    people become guym teachers because they are unable to teach important classes. its likely she doesnt get any respet from the other teachers or most members of society in general . so next time she acts a bitch just remind her " hey why should i care its not like PE is important anyway"
    Don't know what the reasons were, but one of my math teachers also started teaching PE. And in my opinion physical activity is more important that ever nowadays, with a lot of people spending over 8 hours a day behind the computer.
    (preachy-mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Mason
    The only teachers that are cool are art teachers becuse there work is based on freelancing there are times when it would be hard to survive just on their art so they get teaching jobs.
    Depends. I don't think highschool art teachers are generally freelancers in the field, or even very knowledgable about art.

My Self-Portraits

"Work for your self first. You can paint best the things you like or the things you hate. You cannot paint well when indifferent.
    Express a mental opinion about something you are sensitive to in life around you. There is a profound difference between sensitivity and sentimentality."

~ John Sloan Gist of Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    highschool doesn't matter

just paint/draw

really

I went to this weird school that was sort of experimental, they handed over all the money the state of washington alloted to individual students, so I blew like $800 just on art supplies...lol

it was awesome

then like an idiot I got married

don't do that.

(in the middle of a divorce)

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A lot of you guys will say this PE Teacher's behavior is unacceptable, then you'll turn it around and say this kind of 'Art' teaching is perfectly acceptable.

It seems to me, if you're not interested in the field the teacher is teaching in the teacher is a bitch of a bastard for behaving that way.

If the teacher is teaching in the field you 'ARE' interested in, that is just pure 'GENIUS' to behave like an asshole.

Ha! People are weird.

Personality Disorders....studying'em. Know'em.

Bridgeman and Hogarth were assholes by the way.
    Bridgeman was an alcoholic anyway.....Hogarth would be like Bridgeman on one of Bridgeman's good days.

My New Neglected Sketchbook
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    "My mind is made up. Don't confuse it with facts." -- Terence McKenna

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSeRider View Post

A lot of you guys will say this PE Teacher's behavior is unacceptable, then you'll turn it around and say this kind of 'Art' teaching is perfectly acceptable.

It seems to me, if you're not interested in the field the teacher is teaching in the teacher is a bitch of a bastard for behaving that way.

If the teacher is teaching in the field you 'ARE' interested in, that is just pure 'GENIUS' to behave like an asshole.

Ha! People are weird.

Personality Disorders....studying'em. Know'em.

Bridgeman and Hogarth were assholes by the way.
    Bridgeman was an alcoholic anyway.....Hogarth would be like Bridgeman on one of Bridgeman's good days.
    sounds like someone just started reading and has an awful lot of stuff to say about nothing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds like someone just started reading and has an awful lot of stuff to say about nothing
    Well, this thread is about nothing.....so, I'm say'n nothing.

You Ain't no Nina!.....

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm so glad you can't actually fail PE over here.

I didn't turn up for the last three years of school. Bad foot.

All the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, what hatebashing! O.o

I had great PE teachers when I was in school, and in my opinion, it's more important than ever; kids, youths AND grownups are doing less and less physical work and play, and suffer greatly because of it. My PE teacher in what would be the same as "high school" I guess, helped me out with my back problems, giving me exercises to strengthen my back. I still do them. They make my day three times better than it'd be without.

More and more people get problems and pains that can be either avoided completely or get less worse by thoughtful training. Sitting in offices and in front of computers all day being one of the reasons for said problems.

Here, most PE's knows a lot about the profession they teach, and the earlier grades, the more important, implementing play in something that will help you for life. In what would be the same as "college" I guess, our PE classes also included making your own exercise sheets, neutrition that fit for training, and a lot about how muscles work and how to easen your day, like when lifting stuff, etc. Also, they try to help out making it all fun, creating a basis for you to keep doing it, like trying out all the different team sports, and everything from yoga to aerobics to whatnot, so you can find what suits you the most and have a ton of fun in between.

At least that's how I had it. They are most often people that love what they do and feel they make a change when they help out kids and teens.

That said, Jake, if you've actually gotten yourself a teacher that's a real douchebag and don't know anything about how to treat people, start write down stuff, and also, take it to a higher level, WITH a parent. Also think about how you yourself react when you're with the teacher, maybe you unconciously (or counciosly) trigger that kind of response yourself with your wording, your attitude, etc. Stomping out probably didn't do you any good, it can be used against you. Bite it in, THEN take it further when you've calmed down. That way you're the mature one, and more likely to be taken seriously.

There's good teachers and there's bad teachers. But sometimes what you consider to be a bad one changes light when you grow older and can look back. We had one that we absolutely hated. Looking back at it now, she probably would've managed to learn us ton of stuff if she were allowed. By us. We were the douchebags, and we're the one suffering from it later in life. Just as an afterthought.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In thirteen years of school overall, I never met a PE teacher who wasn't translating his/her own mental insufficiency into their lessons.
    And as you hear these kind of stories very often, I guess it's the same everywhere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    In thirteen years of school overall, I never met a PE teacher who wasn't translating his/her own mental insufficiency into their lessons.
    And as you hear these kind of stories very often, I guess it's the same everywhere.
    I've had a ton of different PE teachers. They were all fairly awesome, although I guess the one in high school was a bit of a hard ass, but still fair. His son was a dick though.

Of course, I actually like physical activity, so... maybe thats the discrepancy here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe it is. But even those who were physically active weren't too much of a fan of those teachers. Because they didn't give a shit about supporting or cultivating the good guys either, but instead used to open the hall, give everyone a football and let them do what they want. Then in my last year in school, with a new teacher, I suddenly had to attend a test in about 6 sports (Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball, Football and some others I forgot) were I had to score a certain amount of points in order to pass. Guess what, I made 1/15, which eventually had me drop out of school and made my life a lot more complicated than it could have been without that absurd test. Go figure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, so in 6 years of school - 7th-12th grades - I had 12 P.E. teachers. One was tough but fair. One was a real *badword* & failed me in 12th grade because I took Drivers' Education for half the semester - a perfectly legal & encouraged substitution by the school - but since I got an A in Drivers' Ed I ended up with a C for P.E. that semester. Oh yeah, the first semester of P.E. in the 10th grade I missed because I was out of school entirely - in the hospital & then at home recuperating - she just assigned me research & writing a paper on basketball & something else, don't remember. The other 10 P.E. teachers I don't even remember.

Christine
    West Seattle

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Despite not liking to demean professions or how someone makes a living i gotta say that my experience with P.E teachers havent been anything different from what most people here have written.

I had lot of them during my school years, they came and went,they normaly were weird guys, jerks or wathever. Rarely i remember an actual class with evaluations or stuff like that, pretty much take a futbol and have a go in the mini-futbol court, There was one guy who did made us jog a little and do strechings for a while during every class but i think it was mostly out of precaution of any of us getting an injury and him geting fired rather than P.E purposes.

We didnt complaint, i for one was a chubby metal kid in highschool, so me and training didnt got along to well, besides futbol (pfft some call it soccer for some reason) was actually the only sport i have liked to play, i remember those matches in the pavement court, were pretty fun, we got to play around, get an easy grade and he gets his check at the end of the month, thats pretty much how it worked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my high school PE teacher let me and my buds walk to 7-Eleven for PE classes. Slurpee everyday yay (that'll really mess up your teeth. Though the 4-7 Dr. Peppers a day probably had an effect as well. And all those salt & vinegar chips. I think thats why I'm so skinny... I've got carbonated vinegar for blood...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ODDLY ENOUGH

I just remembered I had a fantastic PE teacher....

I even learned sports medicine on the football team...

hee hee

I was the medic

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What bothers me about your post is that you have that much plaque on your teeth, don't you bother to brush them?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh by the way just to clear things up im an asshole too

not sure how to add my sketchbook as a link but heres wher eits at yo
    Foodogs sketchblog

Kamikazebob is offline [18:44] mr_pickles: Boob Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just to say... my PE teacher did Fishing, Archery, Fire making... He was pretty much Grizzly Adams. It was like Canadian Wilderness in our own suburbian backyard. That being said. Deal with it. Its only High school.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jack Kennedy was Evil!!

When I was growing up the PE coaches made us do physical fitness tests and passed out these badges if you met their Nazi Super Race Quota.....you'd do these tests in front of these neurotic neanderthal kids. If you didn't pass the test and didn't get the badge, you were pussy ass queer! Then the neurotic kids would think you were an easy target and pick a fight with you, just to prove you were a pussy ass queer!

Like I said, High School is a schmorgusborg of personality disorders.....
    Now Do 50 Push Ups or I'll Kick Your ASS!!

I think High School is evil. Leave now, leave while you still can!

Terms like Narcissism and Borderline and Schizotypal and Hystrionic are all formal technical terms for varieties of stuck personality, by the way. People who are not therapists use different terms to refer to such people, "Jerk" or "Asshole" being rather common names that Narcissists get called behind their backs. Other varieties of personality disorder might be labeled: "Spooky", "Overly Dramatic", "Manipulative" "Aloof", "Scary", "Prickly", "Milquetoast", and "Spineless" to name but a few.

Last edited by NoSeRider; April 20th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For those of you who are reminiscing about P.E. teachers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jack Kennedy was Evil!!

When I was growing up the PE coaches made us do physical fitness tests and passed out these badges if you met their Nazi Super Race Quota.....you'd do these tests in front of these neurotic neanderthal kids. If you didn't pass the test and didn't get the badge, you were pussy ass queer! Then the neurotic kids would think you were an easy target and pick a fight with you, just to prove you were a pussy ass queer!

Like I said, High School is a schmorgusborg of personality disorders.....
    Now Do 50 Push Ups or I'll Kick Your ASS!!

I think High School is evil. Leave now, leave while you still can!
    youre a pussy ass

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    youre a pussy ass
    you beat me to it

i was in weight lifting from 8th grade until high school coach never had a problem with me but i never had regular gym myself

Foodogs sketchblog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is my trip in Baja.

This is how I draw:

Let's see you surf sucks outs!!....PUSSY!

Narcissism....uhmm, naaaaaarcissism....droool.

If you take this seriously, and have no sense of humor......you're a dumb jock too.
    Hey, I was surfing while you guys were taking showers together and snapping each others jock straps.

Last edited by NoSeRider; April 20th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
    You Ain't no Nina!.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    All my gym teachers ever were nice?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is my trip in Baja.

This is how I draw:

If you take this seriously, and have no sense of humor......you're a dumb jock too.
    Hey, I was surfing while you guys were taking showers together and snapping each others jock straps.
    haha oh jesus someone on here with a sense of humor someone snap my jock strap to make sure im not dreaming

seriously do it

Foodogs sketchblog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Never had a nice P.E. teacher.

In elementary school, my 6th grade teacher had makeshift P.E. classes. Those were great (I may be biased because I was this close to being in love with the guy), but it's been all down hill from there.

I've had P.E. teachers LAUGH when other kids beat me (and others) up. And not "rough-housing" but actual physical assault. The locker room is an evil, scary place when you're more developed than the other 12 y/o girls AND the teacher. ;_;

'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is my trip in Baja.

This is how I draw:

whoa i take it all back

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My college pe teacher made us write essays and make presentations and take 1 hour tests. WTF.
    On the other hand i had a middle school pe teacher that drove a bmw with a dvd player in it and 10 million different nike shoes and was awesome at dodgeball. =]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.