CS2 does not recognize .PSD anymore

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CS2 does not recognize .PSD anymore

I have a problem with a PSD file that I was working on earlier this day. My PC froze and rebooted several times when I was working on it. But for the third time, that I restarted and went to work on it again, I got this message from CS2:

'could not complete your request, because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.'

So there you have it, I spent a lot of time and energy into that file and now I can't work with it anymore. I lost my self at that moment. Now, how can this be redone?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your image is corrupted.

No way to open it.

It's better to save multiple copies with PS.

Concept Art
    Comic Art
    Illustration
    Artist for hire

Portfolio
    Blog

Repossessed: a Graphic Novel in the making
    REPOSSESSED

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My sympathies. The file was corrupted as mentioned. To my knowledge, there's no way to recover it.

When Photoshop freezes, try to get a screen cap first and saving it in paint or something before closing PS, that way you have at least a low res version.

'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks the both of you for helping and concerning. I'm going to use multiple copies from now on, very good idea. Well, the freezing part is where it goes wrong, it freeze for one second and reboots. So there is no time to screen capture at all.

I already begun working again with the same project, I'll be more careful then the first time. When I got everything at scedule in my life and being less stressed out, my computer will face a rediculous clean up or eternal death, I'm so tired of that thing in the first place.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have you tried using a 3rd party image view to open it .. like say xnView (pc)... and then converting it? You may loose all the layers but you might get your image back.. i have had this problem once when accidentally saved over my PSD as a TGA but with the PSD file extension, PS wouldn't open it but xnView did.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a problem that was pretty much the same but it was with jpgs. A third party solution worked for me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I tried XnView but no results. It's really corrupted. It's a handy program for quick viewing PSD though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitevillage View Post
    I have a problem with a PSD file that I was working on earlier this day. My PC froze and rebooted several times when I was working on it. But for the third time, that I restarted and went to work on it again, I got this message from CS2:

'could not complete your request, because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.'

So there you have it, I spent a lot of time and energy into that file and now I can't work with it anymore. I lost my self at that moment. Now, how can this be redone?
    Do you have a backup of the file. I would try a few things. You can change the extension to something else and then back. You can try to open the file on another machine or even platform. You can try to start PS and then try opening the file that way. I wish you luck. I NEVER use psd files because of my fear of backward comparability. Even though tiffs are larger in size they are universal and are much safer.
    Best regards

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.