Art: CG Addict's Paintings (nudity) - updated November 28th! - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: CG Addict's Paintings (nudity) - updated November 28th!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really good stuff. I enjoy your approach, simple, deliberate and rich.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff K View Post
    Really good stuff. I enjoy your approach, simple, deliberate and rich.
    Thank you, much appreciated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Medusa

Portrait of Medusa. I really wanted to go all out on this one and give it 100%, playing up the details as much as possible. I also put a lot of effort into the environment, trying to achieve as much of a rich and luxurious feel as possible. The eyes were the most difficult element to paint, as I wanted them to really pop out and have a very unique feel; I ended up repainting them several times before I was finally satisfied with the results. Overall I'm quite pleased with this image, and I plan to Illustrate many more paintings with the theme of Greek Mythology, which appeals to me greatly. The pose and design of the snake we're referenced as well.

King of the Throne

A commissioned piece for a magazine cover, the model was Tuface Idibia. I was asked to illustrate him as a King, so I was definitely going for an iconic and luxurious look with this one. Painting this was a lot of fun, the lighting in particular was a lot of fun to paint. I enjoyed the color palette as well, warm tones are definitely my strong point so I was quite comfortable handling this image.

Kingdoms Fall

This is a commissioned portrait. I was given a ton of freedom for this painting, as I was asked to paint a woman wielding a sword. I wanted to give the image a bit more of a fantastical feeling as well, as that style suits me well. Overall I'm extremely pleased with the painting, and consider it one of my strongest portraits. The hair in particular is something I'm very proud of; Hair has always been something I never used to enjoy painting in all honesty, but I seem to have gotten the hang of it now it seems. This image is copyright by Last Life Games.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Self Portrait (Updated)

I recently had a chance to rework my Self Portrait, just to see how much I can improve it, and I'm quite pleased with the results. Among the changes I made were better color harmony, stronger values, and more detail and definition in general. The Master Copy Studies I've done definitely helped me out with this image, especially in regards to skin tones (learned a great deal from Bouguereau in that regard).

CountDown

This is a Board Game cover art Illustration I recently completed. The subject matter was a bit different than my usual work (I generally paint Fantasy), so this was a welcome challenge. This image was ridiculously time consuming as well, but it was well worth it as I feel I obtained a rich, crisp feel to the painting to really help it bring it to life. I also played up the cool/warm tones quite a bit to give it a more lively look as well as to obtain more contrast as a whole. The buildings we're a lot of fun to work on as well, had a blast detailing them and adding various levels of destruction. Overall I'm quite pleased with how the image turned out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jake Gyllenhaal Caricature

Caricature of actor Jake Gyllenhaal done for a contest. I really enjoy doing caricature work, and haven't painted one in ages, so this was a lot of fun to tackle. I'm planning on doing plenty more caricatures in the future as well, would really like to expand my portfolio in that regard. It also gives me a chance to show my sense of humor as well, which is always a plus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Apollo
    Painting of Apollo from Greek Mythology painted for a friend. I really enjoy depicting the tales from Greek Mythology, so I had an absolute blast painting this. I'm very eager to continue painting more images with this theme as well, as I'm always inspired the richness of Greek Mythology.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the Mortal Kombat series and this is just beautiful!! I like that you did her hair down as well, shows the more feral side of her. (I'm nowhere near this good so this probably doesn't mean much but) This is really really great!(And as you can probably tell I'm new here haha sorry, I was talking about the Mileena one, I didn't know it would move to the top)

Last edited by SamMcGraw; December 2nd, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMcGraw View Post
    I love the Mortal Kombat series and this is just beautiful!! I like that you did her hair down as well, shows the more feral side of her. (I'm nowhere near this good so this probably doesn't mean much but) This is really really great!(And as you can probably tell I'm new here haha sorry, I was talking about the Mileena one, I didn't know it would move to the top)
    Thank you! I'm a huge fan of Mortal Kombat so Mileena was a lot of fun to work on; Expect plenty more soon!

Paladin
    Commissioned piece for a Fantasy Book Cover. This image depicts a Paladin, and I was given a lot of artistic freedom with this piece so it was a great experience to work on. I wanted the image to look iconic with the figure looking very fierce and attractive at the same time. The crows we're a final touch I gave to the image to give it a more ominous feel. Overall I'm quite pleased with the image.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cgaddict; December 6th, 2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: image description

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Members who have read this thread: 75