View Poll Results: A REMINDER

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHoW Topic Suggestions

0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: CHoW Topic Suggestions

Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 737 Posts
    How about Trilby and Svengali? Great book from the 1890's by George du Maurier. Everyone's familiar with Svengali the hypnotist, but the female character Trilby is great too, a real muse. It'd be nice to redesign Svengali away from the stereotype he's often presented as.

And Daestwen: Trilby wears a military jacket!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilby_(novel)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Baron Vladimir Harkonnen - from the dune books ( and films )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Harkonnen

In Dune, Herbert notes that the Baron possesses a "basso voice" and is so "grossly and immensely fat" that he requires anti-gravity devices known as suspensors to support his weight. It is implied by Margot Fenring that the Baron has allowed himself to become obese.

I watched the Dune film as a small person and the image of the repulsive character has always struck me as a sinister and menacing person - I wondered if the amazing CAers could do him justice and make a character as forboading

renard_mxdf is offline Dwarf don't love gold, that is just something we say to get into bed.
    Thanks
    Quetzalcoatl, the feather serpent God of the Aztecs.

He was a common God for Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, and other tribes. His full name is Tze Acatopitzin Quetzalcoatl Kukulcan, and acording to the legend was blond, tall and hairy, adn was found in the beach covered with algi, thus the name feathered serpent, as he looked like one.

He caused a great deal of ideological revolution among the Toltecs and eventually was expeld. He made himself a ship and sailed to the east, trying to find the place he had come from. He promised some people like him was comming back soon, and among the aztecs, they saw this as the return on Quetzalcoatl and then the end of their world.

He is considered a historical person, with lots of legends around him. Probably scandinavian. His preaching and ideas where completly catholic and many of the temples and worship places dedicated to him have crosses in them.

the drawing may portray him in any of his stages, when he was found, during his time of preaching, his departure, or the Godly image the aztecs and mayans used to portray him (a snake covered in feathers)

Isaac Gutierrez

Thanks
    Perhaps, playing on the idea of Foofea, we could do other characters from Dune. Specifically a member of the race of Fremen that inhabits the arid desert of Arrakis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremen

They wear a suit built to recycle all moisture of the body so that they will not dehydrate in the desert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stillsuit

They are characteristic of their glowing blue eyes resulted from their proximity with the spice melange, and they fight with knives made of the tooth of a sandworm which they also ride with much skill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandworm_(Dune)

There is quite a history to this race of people and they have a culture all their own. I would love to see everyone's different take on the nomadic Fremen.
    Max Martelli
    Illustration/Fine Art
    max@maxmartelli.com
    http://www.maxmartelli.com

Thanks
    I've been kicking around the idea of doing a sampling from Dune for a while, so the possibility of this is fairly high.

However, while the Fremen are an interesting subject, I've seen them done many times, so I am more inclined to lean toward the Bene Gesserit, or one of the Mentats. Perhaps even one of the Emperor's Sardaukar ...

We'll see

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    A Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother would be cool but what about Leto Atreides II, Paul's son. This can translate into some cool images what with him turning worm and all.
    Max Martelli
    Illustration/Fine Art
    max@maxmartelli.com
    http://www.maxmartelli.com

Thanks
    twisted fairy tales,

maybe pick a popular fairy tale or fairy tale character who is normally the hero or innocent character in the tale and give them a dark twist like Little Red Riding hood as a were wolf
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tomwaits4noman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh! DUNE!!! I LOVED those books. That sounds awesome. Sorry, just had to hop on here and say that.
    Last edited by MJ_Alcazar; September 21st, 2008 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks
    With the different factions and houses in Dune there is a huge catalogue of things we could choose!

Thanks
    This is the big bad from a D&D campaign thats been on going and has become a menacing force since his inception a few years ago.

The Jester King or Lord of Jest

He is a chaotic lord of like minded fools, he runs his court where he and his 'guests' dance and entertain. His guest are tormented souls who have been turned by chaos or whos minds cannot cope and so dance with the music in a trance.
    He has his security guards - known as death jesters - around them in a 20ft diameter there is a sphere of silence they are dressed in black even their jesters hats are black and the bells on the points make no sound.Some have their faces painted black with only white highlights to suggest a skull.
    The jest enjoys meddling in adventures business often changing their course or putting some red herring on their path to throw them off course.

He has not malicious intent only to cause chaos and disruption.

Thanks
    What's the word on combining the sprite animation challenge with CHOW one of these times? Seems like a great thing to add variety.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Avalon young priestess are at class with the old druid and learn meditation and how to read the future in the stars.

I think to the Marion Zimmer Bradley novels about King Arthur and the Avalon.
    Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Egyptian mythology- Interpret one of the Egyptian gods or godesses in your own visual style and twist.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_pantheon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalilulelo For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast