View Poll Results: A REMINDER

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHoW Topic Suggestions

0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Nazi astronaut - what if nazi germany got into space! What would they look like?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan_R View Post
    What's the word on combining the sprite animation challenge with CHOW one of these times? Seems like a great thing to add variety.
    There was a CHOW sprite weekly, and we didn't even know about it! We would have definitely made more of a deal about it if we had even seen it was there. I only happened to find it after it was already over.

Thanks
    how about a series of topics, something to help my Third Earth sketchbook. Maybe reflect into the other weekly design challenges. Consider this:

1000 years into the future, far beyond technology and what we know as the vision of the future to a world as a endless landscape of buildings. The society is harmonious of art, science, and religion. In their technology, a fluid biomechanica hybrid of both cybornetic sentinence and a living, breathing organism.

However, after a apocolyptic asteroid event drives out 95% of the world's population to escape to the stars, leaving behind others to fend for themselves in the aftermath.

Time passes, almost 3000 years since the disaster.

The ones who left for the stars, The Journeymen (now, some hyper-advanced hybrid of fluid machine and bioorganism. More or less human a result of living in space and alien breeding with various advance humaniod alien cultures) return to Earth, after hundreds of years of searching for their vestigial home. Upon landing, they find the distant descendants of the survivors, a culture of technologically inclined primatives in a vast, lush jungle planet (Earth undergone a climate hyper-restoration from the greenhouse gases. The planet's landmasses are 80% covered in thick woodlands, wild jungles, or dark forests of immense trees of at least 100 feet. The animals have balloned in size, almost 100 fold their present sizes. Imagine a spotted salamander a 100 feet long!)

The primatives discover one Journeyman sent on a mission of discovery and peace. The Journeyman (for the story's purpose, I'll name Anuk.) is taken into the cultures of various clans around whats left of the world: North America's wastelands; the myst-shrouded ruins of Asia; etc...

He takes sketches in his digital log to take back interpretative accounts from the planet before he is to return to the stars.

So, yes, think a bit future anachronism: hover sailcraft, propelled by a thrust vector but steered by a animal hide sail (IDW idea?). Tribal clansmen herding immense reptiles and mammals to power huge convoys in the dense of the jungles (CDW / CHOW)...

Well i hope this starts some ideas...

Thanks
    death as a taxi driver an update of the ferry man image of death.
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Thanked 5,794 Times in 1,166 Posts

Intelligent Humanoid Arthropod Citizen

Arthropods is the name of the phyla containing segmented animals like insects, arachnids, trilobites, sea scorpions, horseshoe crabs, centipedes and milipedes. Arthropods are characterised by their segmented body and the hard exoskeleton covering their body.

Since Arthopods make up more then 80 % of all described living species and are by far the most successfull phyla, you get the thought "what if they had/would evolve into some kind of intelligent humanoid creatures?"

That is what I thought would make up a nice character, an intelligent humanoid insect or crustacian or centipede that you could have a conversation with over a cup of tea. A citizen of the mixed society made up by who knows what kind of creatures. That is what I thought would be intressting.

For more info on arthropods visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthropod
    Last edited by LORD M; September 27th, 2008 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks
    Keyser Soze from the movie The Usual Suspects. The story that Verbal Kent (Kevin Spacey) describes of Keyser is pretty cool. Think it would be interesting...or even doing The Usual Suspects....draw your version of each suspect. Every one of them have unique personalities that I think would be very interesting to do as well...

watched the movie again for the 10th time last night and I really want to do a piece on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyser_S%C3%B6ze

not the most original since it's based off of a movie...but still cool & fun IMO
    Last edited by DSAzeppelin; September 28th, 2008 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks

Arrow Hm...

Melinda the Zombie Air Hostess

Z-day hit hard on flight 616, one of the few "survivors" being the less-than-alive Melinda. Still wearing her uniform, she shambled from the wreckage and got back to attending to those needing service with their seatbelts, lights, or other such complaints.

Melinda can be drawn in any stage of decomposition; from newly-zombied (bite mark visible, blood settling, otherwise little or no signs of death) to heavily decomposed (skeletal with barely enough tendons to keep her remaining limbs on).

Thanks

Question And why not...

Where are the PUDGY GIRLS at? Scanning through the galleries, it's either male (usually fully clothed, but in a variety of shapes) or female (which comes in thin and classic beauty or obese and ugly).

Personally, I'm an average, but if some of the fantasy males are allowed huge beer guts, why not the girls?

Big Beautiful Betty

A sideshow freak known for her immense size and yet gorgeous looks. Watching her gulp down cake can be an erotic experience.

Any era allowed as long as it's in a freakshow. Human or very human-like alien accepted. Showing other freaks/parts of the show is optional.

Princess Manticorre the Cruel

Spoilt, pretty, and with a sadistic streak wider than her hips, the Princess of the Manticorre family delights in having executions and violent interrogations take place in her bedroom (with similar action taken against any servant who doesn't get it clean enough afterwards). This behaviour is encouraged by her father, who believes it helps to continue the belief that the Manticorres are related to the fantastic beast on which their surname originates, and even some of the princess' own maids are certain there's some truth to this.

Occasionally the princess wishes to see the princes who try to court her burned, flayed or fed to hungry beasts, and though this rarely happens in order to keep peace within the empire the princess is good at getting what she wants.

Pudgy female, what she wears must reflect her wealth. Torture scene optional, but some sign of her obsession, such as mild gore or torture-themed toys, are required. Set on Earth, but elements of fantasy to suggest manticore heritage is fine. Research on classic, not DND, manticore is suggested. Non-white ethnicity also suggested.

Thanks
    THe puppeteer

A mysterious character who performs in Theatres in Victorian London who famous for life like performances of his/her puppet ,

The puppeteers audience are unaware that his/he puppets are real people.

The puppeteer is charming, sauve, well dressed theatrical type and superstitious has an obsession with religion - or occult.

Could be man or woman. Maybe their identity is concealed by a mask.

Puppets could be human or humans turned into puppets
    SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 737 Posts
    Redesign a normal person, who does normal things normally every day. Has no distinguishing chacteristics, or alternative clothing. No special abilities, and would easily get lost in a crowd.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aly Fell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Being pretty new to these here forums, ive lost some hours here in the CHOW. So i've got an idea:

Name: The Eclectic, Eccentric Singer

Inspiration: Tom Waits "Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards"

Description: A man who has been around for a long time, his age disguised by wrinkles and scars that the times have written on his face. He is a man of faith, but not necessarily of a religion, just a power of greater than his own. No man tells him what to do with his life, he is guided by winds and season. A drifter by day and a power of soul by night. He goes from town to town, playing in low-lit bars, drinking to drown out a regretful past. He sleeps when he cans, eats what people give him. His clothes are dated to a time before modern day technology i.e. a tattered suit with old snakeskin boots.

His only goal in his memorable life is to sing about his life story, full of tragedy and despair. He has a good heart but his life and appearance shows different.

In short, a vagabond.

Thought this would be pretty cool
    Last edited by Equality72521; October 7th, 2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: add some pics

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Equality72521 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It might of been done before but a time traveller who picks up little bits of clothing or items as he goes along so in the end he is an amalgamation of human history.
    Just thought it could be widely interpreted i'm thinking human male or female

Thanks
    1920's Silent Movie Star - she's been described as a kohl-eyed wanton, a seductive vamp luring men to their doom both on screen and behind the cameras. A devil in the eyes of mainstream America, vilified by the likes of Hedda and Louella, yet a silent sensation who is too much of a box-office draw to be dropped from her contract by the studio bosses. She's starred for DeMille and Griffith in biblical epics, she's endured agony working for "that dirty Hun" von Stroheim and the tyrannical Lang, and she's even rumored to have been on the Oneida the night Hearst allegedly shot western director Tom Ince. Too bad that thick Brooklyn accent and nasal voice will all but ruin her when talkies come along...

Think Gloria Swanson, Pola Negri, Theda Bara, Louise Brooks, some of whom are pictured below...could be done as a publicity shot of her latest movie (decked out in period costume), a glamour photo sent to an adoring fan or gracing the cover of a movie magazine, or a booking photo for that dalliance in San Francisco with Arbuckle...
    Last edited by madhatter106; October 5th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
    www.costumesketch.com
    I looked at yours, now you look at mine...sketchbook here

"The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there." - Ralph Wiggum

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

Thanks
    I know its been done a lot but Alice in wonderland could be fun.

Thanks
    My best buddy showed me this scary doll named Robert, or "Robert the Doll". Belonged to a strange artist since the guy was 4 years old. Throughout the artist's life, when he did nasty things he would blame Robert. The doll gave the artist's wife pretty bad vibes, and her husband even lashed out at her and still blamed Robert for his behaviour.

There are several videos on Robert, and what seems to be an aura about him, like he's haunted or something. He's a doll that apparently doesn't like to be touched, and is said to have tortured some people who came in contact with him. Well, if you check out these videos at the least, you'll get an idea about how spooky this doll is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF7488WHcok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4DIB...eature=related

I've never seen a doll like him!! Maybe there could be a challenge about Robert! Escaping the museum; just being in someone's house; staring at the viewer with a mysterious aura about him... O_O Scares me plenty, so I thought it might be a cool October challenge!

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast