• CHoW Topic Suggestions

0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: CHoW Topic Suggestions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    There's a big difference between telling people to stop doing stuff that effects you directly and telling people to stop expressing their opinions, especially on a forum like this where the original opinion is not directed at anyone.

Not liking people to keep repeating the same jokes at you over and over vs wanting people to agree with you or shut up.
    what do you think is worse?
    It's sort of a melding of both I think. Even in the C.H.O.W thread, if someone gets a lot of weight for their opinions then it may end up affecting you directly because you'll end up painting what they suggest. You don't want to paint Manet, and I don't want to design generic soldier classes (Even though I don't even participate in CHOW.) I just don't like the way you just destroyed LL's post. There's nothing wrong with expressing your opinions but there's no need to be so aggressive about it.

And I DID say:
    Though admittedly that would be a topic to do for I.O.W, because the C.H.O.W is more relevant to character design.
    I notice you ignored every other point I made and went directly for the one you thought you could zing me with.
    That's what you do on the internet! And admittedly I couldn't be arsed to get into a massive thread argument about relatively trivial crap but we seem to be going that way anyway. On all other counts, you win, out of attrition to carry on the discussion which I don't feel inclined to do.

Its fucking common courtesy pal, you should still feel inclined to exercise it even though you are on the internet. So please, drop the haughty attitude so we can have a proper fucking conversation.
    Slightly off topic but you do seem like a rather angry person. Be less angry

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just saw a history channel special on the Warrior Queen Boudica and am all inspired. It would make a much more specific brief.

She was the leader of the Iceni tribe in Roman occupied Britain and led an uprising after she was flogged and her daughters raped. Her armies took several cities and burnt down London.

Here is a description of her by the Roman historian Cassius Dio "she was 'possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women', that she was tall, had hair described as reddish-brown or tawny hanging below her waist, a harsh voice and a piercing glare, and habitually wore a large golden necklace (perhaps a torc), a many-coloured tunic, and a thick cloak fastened by a brooch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/histori...boudicca.shtml
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
    mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all
    science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who
    can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,
    is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    -Einstein

www.wolvescomic.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Figure I'll contribute a few quick ideas:

The Tiny Mechanic - The little person inside electronic devices that makes them work. For some reason I assumed this was how things worked when I was little. :>

King Kai - The overseer of the universe. S/he lives on his/her own little planet on the edge of existence and uses sensory powers to watch over every corner of the universe. Yes I am stealing this from Dragonball.

The Old Swamp Hermit - An estranged veteran of war, left to die in the depths of the murky swamp. Against all odds he made it is home and mastered it. He now uses his environment to his advantage, setting traps and camouflaging himself.

Thanks
    "Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

|Deviantart

Thanks
    I dont think either of these have been done:

Manjushri
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjusri

or

Guan Yin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanyin

Thanks
    I don't think there's been an equestrian in awhile, and some art history would be cool, so I suggest Der Blaue Reiter (the blue rider).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Blaue_Reiter

Thanks
    havent been a team chow in awhile

Thanks
    but if thats not happening
    heres ranodm words togethor
    wounded swordsman of the ballistic gaurd
    a high standing respected warrior of a imperial nation that favors the colors gold blue and white
    the warrior is great in skill but is impaired in some way and makes up for with the rest of his body
    but nothing that doesnt visually show hes or a visual way to show how he copes like blind deaf or mute
    tar covered demon of the lagoon?0
    the demon originates from a black pit upon which dinosaurs once(unless im confused on where tar comes from)
    this demon is the cause of regional extinction
    the battlefield butcher
    this is person of no remorse no feellings what so ever he is a skitzophorenic with autority to kill he is crazy but can keep his composure he needs to remove parts of his victims as souveneers yet he doesnt have the time he battles in situations were he can not blink without chance of bieng killed so he needs to be alert and have quick tools and a insuspicous back pack filled with vody parts
    Last edited by penciltipred; June 24th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks
    Avenger of the Slain : Sole survivor of a massacre who stalks and murders those responsible and tattoos themselves with the blood of the fallen, generally scarring his/her face. Can be any age/ethnicity. When at last they kill all responsible, they hire services to others. The Avenger has the power to sense who is innocent/guilty and are tasked to take as many lives at the bequest of others as they did of their own accord before they can rest at last.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

Thanks
    You know the characters you get on the front of spirits? (Captain Morgan's rum is a good example) We could design a character for that. I don't really know what you'd call those.

Thanks
    How about fighters?
    Martian fighter- Character who lives in Mars, he/she has big muscle and long head
    King of the valley- He/she has crown, rock made throne, big bodyguards, and he/she good in fighting.
    Alien bodybuilder- He has sixpacks, Gray or red skinned, and he very strong, but he has one leg.
    thats my idea. ( sry formy bad englsh )

Thanks
    Some of THESE could git here, no? <- Link

and...

-Impoverished other planet gold miner infected/empowered by crazy mutigenic substance he accidentally unearthed.

-The Glass One - a being whose bodily fluids are all entirely made of glass (hot glass... semi-cold glass, imagine it)

-Interplanetary Sniper - a god-like assassin from the future not from this planet who can shoot and kill people from over 2 planets away (so imagine his gun apparatus, it'd be huge and crazy to get a bullet that far, like a gigantic telescopic gun looking thing)

Think Caine the longshot from Trigun

-He who saw the unimaginable horror with only one eye - So a being who witnessed a Lovecraftian horror that'd make you go insane, but he only saw it with one eye...(so it's up to you think of what that would make him look like... like twoface or with one eye totally crazy)

-Dragon Whisperer(Probably been done before) - y'know ... the Cesar Milan of dragons being badassss, doesnt have to be human, could be a giant.. would make sense... or even a little teeny girl that'd be crazier if done well!!!

-Maniac Teleport - a man with a device that allows him to teleport but due to prolonged exposure (he has been teleporting so much) has been able to teleport with out the device lately... HOWEVER the side-affects are: randomly and against his own will ending up in horrifying dimensions, losing limbs due to erratic teleportation, ending up in the vacuum of space so now he always wears a oxygen apparatus...
    so imagine a guy missing limb(could've been replaced with badass mechanical ones) who looks mad and crazy and paranoid!!!

-Tiny Feeble Old being, that has Galactic Telepathy - up to interpretation
    Last edited by Shahan; November 27th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks
    A few ideas in the Holiday spirit

Clockwork Krampus: Created by elves in Santa's workshop, this mechanical horror accompanies Santa on his rounds Christmas night, contending with naughty children as Santa leaves gifts for the good ones. Krampus on Wikipedia

The Yule Goat: An old Scandinavian tradition, the Yule Goat has taken many forms- as a symbolic animal sacrifice, a scary figure or a Christmas gift-bringer. Any of these interpretations would be acceptable. Yule Goat on Wikipedia

The Badalisc: A southern Alpine holiday tradition, the Badalisc is a strange creature ritually captured by the villagers every year in early January by a specific cast of costumed characters and led into the town to expose the sins of the community, after which a feast is held before the beast is freed. Badalisc on Wikipedia

Apologies if any of these have been done before.
    Your only competition is your last painting

My DeviantArt gallery

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumbleputty For This Useful Post:

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast