CHoW Topic Suggestions - Page 3

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: A REMINDER

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHoW Topic Suggestions

0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ladydove, i love the idea of the Japanese ghost, fantastic idea! how about a Japanese Oni(demon)? i want to do that Japanese ghost!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wiggers, an oni would be interesting. In fact, there are a great many directions we can go with the theme of japanese that spurred a few more ideas.

The Vampire
    This might work for a Halloween CHOW? There are many types of vampires out there, from the aristocratic Count Dracula and Elizabeth Bathory to the Japanese Kitsune or the vampires whose heads leave their bodies at night to seek out victims. Create a vampire based on a pre-existing culture, OR make a new one based on modern or fantasy culture. Most vampires represent what is sexual and exotic to ourselves, or the fear of death and the unknown, depending on the myth. Try to make a concept which exhibits these themes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Warrior in Drag - The warrior in drag is a character that moves with confidence in the world of the warrior, he just happend to put on his favourite drag-outfit this saturday, and there just happend to be some antagonistic b******s getting into his business whilst he was having fun...

This is a topic that could lend itself to both Sci-fi or Fantasy, though the idea stems from a warrior weilding a broadsword wearing a drag, this should not limit YOUR imaginative mind.

1. Needs to be a male character, wearing some form of Drag-queen-esque outfit and obviously being a warrior-type.
    2. Though this could easily be a comical styled CHOW, it would be nice to see some serious ones aswell. Drag-queen Warrior doesnt automatically mean comic relief.
    3. Concider the fact that it needs to be obviously a male character. Don't forget that clothes usually give the impression of gender, try to not make butch women-warriors in dresses but actually male warriors in drag.

4. If you wish, show how much butt a warrior in drag still can kick!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    norse gods maybe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_gods

or gangster any period

past future - time traveler

SKETCHBOOK

"There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been thinking about "Faras, the mosquito killer" (the name is not important).

Two nights ago I had to be 20 minutes killing mosquitos to sleep, there were seven in my bedroom! And within years of training, I have some exquisite tecniques to end them!

So I thought about a great warrior who lives in a place full of them, and he's developed very special adds to kill'em'all (Metallica!).

The image came first when I saw myself (here, in my mind) like a kind of assassin, prepared to fight them...

I think it can be funny, and mosquitos (of course) ara not necesary small, they can be like in Jumanji

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zarquino, that sounds awesome! lol, I can see it now.

I like the japanese ghost or oni, and the vampire too. All sounds interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    skogsrå, swedish folklore creature, mistress of the woods. a trickster creature with the appearance of a lovely young woman, but viewed from behind she had a hollow back, like an old hollow log.

various parts of swedish lore has her riding on mooses, seducing men who wander into her woods, blessing hunters weapons by blowing on them, helping female sheperds with their animals. a creature who could do both harm and good to people who lived near or in the forest.

Regards, Mimer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Monster Child

Waaay to High on some strange (specific) drug

He-Man (remakes, like any of the characters set urban or farmer or whatever)

Mecha Driver

Nurse from hell

Grandma the Grand Monster
    "
    Zombie ninja

conan the librarian

the traveling hippie alien couple (with their spacecraft in the back maybe)

Sackdoll action hero

Tokyo futuristic zombie kid

the not so hot Emo chick

time traveling farmer

A pig goes to war

The flesh eating zombie doctor

My teacher is a extraterrestrial! (50´s style)

Contaminated

Bionic Soldier teen

Japanese Monster Schoolgirl

the guy in the cellar

urban Satan

God in the Ghetto

Humanoid dragon boy goes to school

the Ghost collector

the life Creator

The dark Ghost (set in a specific area, decade etc)

My dad is a home made Frankenstein!

etc, etc,

time 4 bed.

Last edited by ikuru; August 25th, 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Intergalactic Roller Derby competitor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He Who Overcomes
    The Sun beaming down, the light glistening off both the sweat of his brow and the blood of his enemies alike, he raises his banner high atop a mountain made from the corpses of his nemisi. Only scraps of armor and clothing remain, leaving his perfect body revealed to all. Every muscle is just as it should be; it gives him maximum power, yet never slows him down.
    This character is probably pretty cliched, but what evs. He could be a savage barbarian, defeating horrors we can barely imagine, or an advanced soldier from the far future, fending off foes from beyond distant stars. He could even be some modern day ganger, beating down all comes.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The Phantom Of the Opera

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm... how about

The Valkyrie:

Norse female deities that watch over and decide the outcome of battles. They also choose the most heroic that have fallen in battle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie

Last edited by Jay-Zee; August 30th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The lone stalker of the woodlands, after the fall of civilization...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yin and Yang - Two chinese/asian sisters, very different and yet very much the same.

Hua Mulan - The historical or fictional heroine from ancient China (and inspired the disney film "Mulan") For more infos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hua_Mulan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dynamic duos in a new setting.
    for example:
    murtaugh and riggs, but not as cops
    dubya and cheney, but not as president and veep

if you draw batman and robin, you will be disqualified.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Phoenix - Basically take the phoenix legend and instead of a bird, apply it to a person, or humanoid. Someone who dies or falls, and rises again, for whatever reason. Actually, any legend dealing with powerful animal spirits would work. And, it would require some digging into the myth. Maybe too far out from CHOW.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I added a reminder graphic at the top of the thread in the form of a poll -- needed a way to stickie something cause I wanted it at the beginning of each page, so...

Some of you have some great ideas, but two unrelated words won't get chosen for a CHOW. We want to go deeper than just stereotypes, and that's really what those are.

Think about the character ideas you are submitting. We want something that is multifaceted and intriguing, not a one dimensional cardboard cut out.

We do troll this thread - especially when we can't come up with something, so show us what you've got!

All the best,
    ~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bettie Cordon - Woman of the East back in the 1800s. She goes West with her fiance only to be lost in the praries of the mid-west when he dies of mysterious circumstances. Now, she tracks down all the people who killed her husband, and all of their kind. (Don't limit yourself on WHAT killed him, use your imagination). She's a good horsewoman, quick on the draw, but still has the sense of her Eastern upbringing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ike goes by "Spike" and he's a Dragon Dentist. So you dread getting your wisdom teeth pulled? Spike offers wisdom while pulling your teeth! Many used to gossip that Spike was a dragon "slayer" based on the tools in his possession. A wanderer by nature, he's never had or needed an office.

-Spike is a Dragon Dentist without an office, he travels the lands answering house calls (carries the tools he needs with him at all times) No pictures of a dentist in an room with a dragon in his chair please

-Spike is old and wise, something of an ancient legend himself

-Time period could vary from ancient fantasy to modern day, but nothing about Spike is ordinary.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Paulus Hectorius Cassius, exiled member of Rome's illustrious and glorified Praetorian Guard, now residing in Germania as the leader of a small but ferocious band of warriors fighting against Roman occupation of their land. Sentenced to death for injuring the emperor's son in a rage after he raped Paulus's sister, Paulus escaped with the help of his childhood friend and constant companion, the Germanian giant Aalwijn. Paulus desires nothing more than to depose the corrupt, vile emperor and return Rome to its former glory.

The character should reflect the proud nature of an unwilling exile, his clothing and armor a mix of his old roman gear and germanic replacement. Can portray Aalwijn or not, Aalwijn means "Noble Friend". Remember that this is a very angry man, and yet his intentions are noble. He has been wronged, is in an environment that is alien to him, and spends most of his time fighting.

Ceyface

Time period is middle/Late Roman empire, lets say around 300CE.
    ------------------
    Richtofen Von Manfred, leader of the Crimson Counts

Modern fighter pilot Ala WWI's Red Baron, leader of a mercenary band of Fighter pilots. The Counts fly what seem to be heavily modified Northrop/McDonnell Douglas YF-23's, prototype aircraft tested by the US military and colored the Counts trademark crimson. A dark and brooding figure, Richtofen has more than 300 bounties on his head totalling over 26 billion dollars. His men would follow him to the gates of hell and back.

The Counts are first and foremost a mercenary company, but modern legend has it that they fight for the purpose of ending warfare. Their presence does indeed tend to hasten the end of whatever conflict they decide to intervene in. They are that good; air superiority is usually established within hours, and the Count's preside over their new domain on massive air platforms from which they launch their aircraft. At the end of hostilities, the Crimson Counts mysteriously vanish; the governments of the world are at a loss when it comes to identifying their base of operations.
    -------------------
    Satin Marquez

Fashion designer Satin Marquez is the king of the New York fashion industry. Of Cuban descent, Marquez is fabulous and wants everyone to know it. Fond of super modern and semi-futuristic styles, Marquez is the face of modern fashion. He is known to be a spoiled rotten princess; if it isn't perfect, he freaks, when he freaks, its ugly, and Satin.. Satin cant handle ugly. In top physical condition, Satin demands to be shielded from the every day man and his imperfections and claims to have never laid eyes on a man or woman with a BMI of over 20. Always flanked by beautiful women who he designs for and beautiful boy-men who he desires after, Satin is quite the figure.
    ------------------
    Jonathan Haede

1800's
    What If; American towns warred like the city states of Ancient Greece?

Ambassador and Diplomat from the Noble and Glorious (albiet.. tiny) town of East Dristow to the savages of West Dristow. Jonathan is a man overtaken by his own inflated self image, full of arrogance, he is a pompous twit with an extreme silver-tongue. He can talk his way out of anything.
    -------------------
    (Thanks Oreg!)
    Remake the Jedi Knight!

GEEKFEST
    What IF... Jedi robes were not jedi robes? What would a Jedi Knight look like in your mind? No robes! None! Zeeeero! And the lightsaber should not be the main focus of your piece, make sure we can see what they are wearing.

Last edited by Ceyface; September 10th, 2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Consolidated four posts into one. ~Oreg.
    The Empty Suit

Laughably Newbtastic SB:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=135641

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    war journalist: historical, spanish civil war or world war two.
    female 26/30 yrs. nationality could be irish/french/canadian.
    assigned to madrid in the early times of the civil war(1936)
    or in the ww2 case: assigned to the front in north africa.
    she always carry her camera and equipment, also a little note block.
    she has short hair(red/brown), always wear pants and combat boots.
    the fast and dangerous profession she choose made her heart always available to love...and always ready to close.
    she is very curious and charming,but with a strong character.
    wears a red scarf on the neck, gift from a lover (a spanish miliziano) or a blue
    scarf from an english lover when she was in london (for the ww2 scenario)
    she has a scar from a bullet in some place of her body.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DIMAGYAN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 553 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i second DIMAYGAN's post.

i just saw an amazing documentary about Eddie Adams, the photographer who shot the infamous handgun execution photo during the Vietnam War. (there's info about that movie on page 20 of my SB thread)

pose and features, the 1000m stare, the war-weariness, etc. there's a lot of possibilities with it that scream for what i consider to be characterization as opposed to just fashion/costume/era/ethos...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Countess Erzsebeth Bathory 16th century countess who was rumoured to bath in the blood of blue blooded girls to prolong her youth.

She is supposed to be the inspiration of Dracula and vampires, but Vlad the Impaler was used as the visual form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

http://vialofyouth.blogspot.com/2007...ctmy-film.html

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Adele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the caterpillar, from alice in wonderland.

abraham van helsing.

rincewind the wizzard (from terry pratchett's discworld series).

the nightwatch (2 characters atleast, again from discworld).

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Death's Daughter

Rie Sato is more than just a gun runner. She's a merchant of death, the queen of catastrophe. There's nothing she can't get, and no-one she won't kill. Every general of every army in the galaxy knows her name and the distinctive shape of her shell-pink ship, the Violator. Her friends would tell you that she's playful and hilarious in private, but if you are talking to her friends then you either know all that already, or you will be dead within the hour.

Last edited by Ordinary; September 16th, 2008 at 09:22 AM.
    Le monde a tellement de regrets
    Tellement de choses qu'on promet
    Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
    Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bride of Yoda

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dionysus- God of wine, parties/festivals, madness and merriment. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences. His symbols are the grape vine, ivy, and thyrsos.

think we could get some fab pictures from this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Perhaps since the recent CHOW has been book based:

The suave, wealthy and frequently psychotic Patrick Bateman of Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bateman

I suppose the reqs/objectives would be:

1. Portray him (or her in a case of Patricia perhaps), as a suave, collected individual while still hinting to his psychotic side.

2. Portray without being graphic (ex: no bodies/victims), perhaps hinting with a minor detail in the picture.

3. Don't just draw Christian Bale from the movie adaptation.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ~baxter For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 155