View Poll Results: A REMINDER

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHoW Topic Suggestions

0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: CHoW Topic Suggestions

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm not a CHOW regular, but for some reason, I had a CHOW idea today at work (I know, that's weird) how about a CHOW that is not conceptart/entertainment oriented but more editorial illustration-ish.

Here are my suggestions:
    1)Time magazine is running a long article about the Madonna- wh0r3 complex (stupid forum won't let me post the word wh0r3, or the link to wikipedia ) and they want to have at least 4 illustrations in the article. They want to have a female character, looking to be between 25-35, healthy, urban, girl-next-door looking. This female character will have both a and a madonna outfit/look but it's important that the reader understands that she's the same person. Style doesn't have to be realistic. You job is to design madonna girl and wh0r3 girl, but not do the 4 illos.

---------------
    2) Wired magazine is running an article about Pirate Bay and media piracy in general, they want a cast of 4 characters, your job is to design the leader of the group. The leader is both a game geek and a captain of a pirate crew, aged 17-24, not especially good looking but looking confident. Wired doesn't want the Pirate captain to look like a hero, he's more of a mild villain in this story. No pegleg please.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts
    my idea was, if its not already taken (probably is)

what if someone was to live forever wouldnt they eventaully be forced of their home planet and sent adrift in space for eons? That person would eventually after many many failed attempts land on a planet with intelligent life. He would learn their culture and over time move on too a new planet with new people and cultures after the last planet he visited was naturally destroyed. This process would repeat forever.

so how about someone immortal with the culture of several worlds and countless experiences. keep in mind that they are extradinarliy old, even though that might not appear becuase they are immortal.

Thanks
    1. Elvis vs. ?
    2. The Beatles - any combination at any era
    3. Raskolnikov and/or Porfiry from Crime and Punishment

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniela Blanco View Post
    Ok....I have two ideas....
    First.....
    Dimon from The Golden Compass movie and book.............it could be kind of a self-portrait with your dimon together (you would need to have a great imagination for creating your own dimon) what animal would it be? what would ne its personality, as the dimon is aprt of your own soul.....it could be interesting.........Or just forget about the self-portrait and create just your dimon...
    I like this idea. The idea of daemons from the His Dark Material series is very deep, and the daemon's form says something about the character.
    While I like the idea of drawing oneself with their daemon, I don't believe that we can all be honest with ourselves- I don't know if anyone would like to admit that they're a sparrow rather than an eagle or a rat instead of a badger.
    We could instead start with the species of daemon and proceed to design a [human] character based on the animal.
    For instance: The main character of His Dark Materials is Lyra, an intelligent preteen girl. She proves herself to be determined and kindhearted through the series, and in the end her daemon settles as a pine marten. Instead of starting with the character and ending with the daemon, let's do it backwards.
    I'm here to admire art and learn how to be a better artist.

Thanks
    Okay so I'm just a lurker and too scared to really do any input but, a couple of ideas just popped into my head as I was browsing...
    1. The king or queen of a cannibalistic tribe (weird but could be interesting considering the the anarchy that comes with cannibalism.
    2. OR...Christopher Colombus? We were discussing him at work. Classy gentleman or Swarthy sea dog?
    Love the life you live.

Thanks
    Design a cheesy harlequin romance cover!

She
    was the wealthy baroness, trapped in a cold and lusterless marriage.

He, the humble vassal, determined to show the baroness what money and social status could never buy.

Will the flame of their love burn eternal? Or will it be torn asunder by the barbarous and brutish Baron?

I'm thinking bodices, chest hair.....and massive amounts of cheesy goodness.

Thanks
    Hundred-Handed (Hekatonkheires) - were three giant gods of violent storms and hurricanes (theullai) summoned forth from the stormy pit of Tartaros. Each had a hundred hands and fifty heads, for the weilding of the destructive power of storm. Their brothers were the Kyklopes, crafters of the thunder and lightning of Zeus. The six were connected with the stormy season in Greece which followed the rise of the Constellation Altar in November.

As soon as these six gigantic storm-brothers were born, their father, Ouranos (Sky), bound them in the pit of Tartaros, in fear of their power. Zeus later released them from this prison in his war against the Titanes, utilizing their power to achieve victory and become master of the skies. After the war, Kottos and Gyes were given palaces in the River Okeanos and, Briareos, a home in the depths of the Aegean Sea. Together they appear to have functioned as doorkeepers for the storms of Tartaros, releasing them at the command of the gods.

A fourth Hekatonkheir-like daimon was Typhoeus, a god of destructive storms. Unlike the Hekatonkheires, he was a son of Tartaros, rather than Ouranos, and an enemy of Zeus. After being defeated by the god, he was bound in Tartaros as the primal source of all Anemoi Thuellai (Hurricanes and Storm-Winds). He was similar to another Titan ally named Aigaios, a storm-giant sometimes identified with Briareus. The Hekatonkheires, as storm-spirit sons of Sky (Ouranos) trapped in the Tartarean pit, bear a resemblance to Aiolos (Sparkling) and his cavern-bound storm-winds (thuellai) as well as Astraios and his three wind-god sons.

This would be and interesting challenge for the imagination of the people that take on chow challenges as there are few descriptions .

The characters don't need 100 hands , i don't think that's possible in and illustration and if it is , it will a waist of imagination ^^ , anyway , the character should have as many hands as possible , give the impression of Greek mythology character and that he's a titan

Thanks
    The personification of an art movement.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    redesign any legend of zelda character.
    Vranoch the pig-demon.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonRobin View Post
    I like this idea. The idea of daemons from the His Dark Material series is very deep, and the daemon's form says something about the character.
    While I like the idea of drawing oneself with their daemon, I don't believe that we can all be honest with ourselves- I don't know if anyone would like to admit that they're a sparrow rather than an eagle or a rat instead of a badger.
    We could instead start with the species of daemon and proceed to design a [human] character based on the animal.
    For instance: The main character of His Dark Materials is Lyra, an intelligent preteen girl. She proves herself to be determined and kindhearted through the series, and in the end her daemon settles as a pine marten. Instead of starting with the character and ending with the daemon, let's do it backwards.
    Ooh, I like this one. Maybe I could finally get down on paper that creepy, power-hungry, Magisterium Higher-up with a Widow daemon who hasn't gotten out of my head ever since I first started plotting my failed HDM RPG years ago.
    ----------------
    For something completely unrelated, I Googled Secret Decoder Rings, hoping to find some ads that could be altered to satirize the impenetrable language of Congressional Bills, and I chanced upon this:

http://www.threecentstamp.com/wp-con.../11/box678.jpg

Apparently, at one point, Chex had, as a mascot, a Scarecrow/Secret Agent. If this isn't a ridiculous concept that should be re-imagined, I don't know what is (or some similar nonsensical combination of characters)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SephyCloneNo15 View Post
    http://www.threecentstamp.com/wp-con.../11/box678.jpg

Apparently, at one point, Chex had, as a mascot, a Scarecrow/Secret Agent.
    Just building on this idea why not create or redesign a cereal mascot for a fictional or an existing cereal

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast