• CHoW Topic Suggestions

0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

Sketchbook <-nsfw|Deviantart | Website
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont think either of these have been done:

Manjushri
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjusri

or

Guan Yin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanyin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think there's been an equestrian in awhile, and some art history would be cool, so I suggest Der Blaue Reiter (the blue rider).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Blaue_Reiter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    havent been a team chow in awhile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    but if thats not happening
    heres ranodm words togethor
    wounded swordsman of the ballistic gaurd
    a high standing respected warrior of a imperial nation that favors the colors gold blue and white
    the warrior is great in skill but is impaired in some way and makes up for with the rest of his body
    but nothing that doesnt visually show hes or a visual way to show how he copes like blind deaf or mute
    tar covered demon of the lagoon?0
    the demon originates from a black pit upon which dinosaurs once(unless im confused on where tar comes from)
    this demon is the cause of regional extinction
    the battlefield butcher
    this is person of no remorse no feellings what so ever he is a skitzophorenic with autority to kill he is crazy but can keep his composure he needs to remove parts of his victims as souveneers yet he doesnt have the time he battles in situations were he can not blink without chance of bieng killed so he needs to be alert and have quick tools and a insuspicous back pack filled with vody parts

Last edited by penciltipred; June 24th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Avenger of the Slain : Sole survivor of a massacre who stalks and murders those responsible and tattoos themselves with the blood of the fallen, generally scarring his/her face. Can be any age/ethnicity. When at last they kill all responsible, they hire services to others. The Avenger has the power to sense who is innocent/guilty and are tasked to take as many lives at the bequest of others as they did of their own accord before they can rest at last.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know the characters you get on the front of spirits? (Captain Morgan's rum is a good example) We could design a character for that. I don't really know what you'd call those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about fighters?
    Martian fighter- Character who lives in Mars, he/she has big muscle and long head
    King of the valley- He/she has crown, rock made throne, big bodyguards, and he/she good in fighting.
    Alien bodybuilder- He has sixpacks, Gray or red skinned, and he very strong, but he has one leg.
    thats my idea. ( sry formy bad englsh )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of THESE could git here, no? <- Link

and...

-Impoverished other planet gold miner infected/empowered by crazy mutigenic substance he accidentally unearthed.

-The Glass One - a being whose bodily fluids are all entirely made of glass (hot glass... semi-cold glass, imagine it)

-Interplanetary Sniper - a god-like assassin from the future not from this planet who can shoot and kill people from over 2 planets away (so imagine his gun apparatus, it'd be huge and crazy to get a bullet that far, like a gigantic telescopic gun looking thing)

Think Caine the longshot from Trigun

-He who saw the unimaginable horror with only one eye - So a being who witnessed a Lovecraftian horror that'd make you go insane, but he only saw it with one eye...(so it's up to you think of what that would make him look like... like twoface or with one eye totally crazy)

-Dragon Whisperer(Probably been done before) - y'know ... the Cesar Milan of dragons being badassss, doesnt have to be human, could be a giant.. would make sense... or even a little teeny girl that'd be crazier if done well!!!

-Maniac Teleport - a man with a device that allows him to teleport but due to prolonged exposure (he has been teleporting so much) has been able to teleport with out the device lately... HOWEVER the side-affects are: randomly and against his own will ending up in horrifying dimensions, losing limbs due to erratic teleportation, ending up in the vacuum of space so now he always wears a oxygen apparatus...
    so imagine a guy missing limb(could've been replaced with badass mechanical ones) who looks mad and crazy and paranoid!!!

-Tiny Feeble Old being, that has Galactic Telepathy - up to interpretation

Last edited by Shahan; November 27th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few ideas in the Holiday spirit

Clockwork Krampus: Created by elves in Santa's workshop, this mechanical horror accompanies Santa on his rounds Christmas night, contending with naughty children as Santa leaves gifts for the good ones. Krampus on Wikipedia

The Yule Goat: An old Scandinavian tradition, the Yule Goat has taken many forms- as a symbolic animal sacrifice, a scary figure or a Christmas gift-bringer. Any of these interpretations would be acceptable. Yule Goat on Wikipedia

The Badalisc: A southern Alpine holiday tradition, the Badalisc is a strange creature ritually captured by the villagers every year in early January by a specific cast of costumed characters and led into the town to expose the sins of the community, after which a feast is held before the beast is freed. Badalisc on Wikipedia

Apologies if any of these have been done before.

Your only competition is your last painting

My DeviantArt gallery

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumbleputty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alternate party--a series of partygoers, each evolved from a very different species. A spider-evolved person, a catoid, a snakeman, an octopus girl. Maybe even weirder ones, like an Opabina or Anamalocaris descendant. The more actual thought put into it the better--perhaps the snake uses its tongue as a hand, the spider woman is dressed in webbing, the octopoid clings to the ceiling or wall.

Last account was from Facebook, Facebook login button got lost at one point.

Unofficial Idea Suggester

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Unwanted: A half orc half dwarf. the unwanted bastard snd symbol of the atrocities of an ancient clanwar. This creature is all tusk, beard and muscles The savagery rage of an orc and the unwavering bullwark that is a dwarf. visually the best and worse its respective heritages have to offer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Paradoxical Grandfather

"You must travel back in time to kill your own ancestor and it might prove to be your own undoing as well."

A human character that must travel back in time in hopes of correcting a horrible atrocity by killing someone they are descended from. It would be great if you have to design the time traveler and the ancestor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Baby Great Old One

A horrible Lovecraftian monstrosity with cute baby fat and a pacifier, in a Escher-esque nursery.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Past-Modern Gods

The gods and monsters of myth were immortal. So what will they look like in the future? From Medusa's serpents reading from floating books to Pele wearing the latest holofire gowns to Loki and his brood looking for a more fun planet to Kali dancing in a VR bar . . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ROBOT SAMURAI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 795 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BOONS View Post
    ROBOT SAMURAI
    Or - redesign the Silver Samurai (a la Wolverine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1NTVIhUQU

Anyway, my suggestion is - Design a female Doctor Who. I just read some articles arguing about whether that would ruin the show or not, and I don't care either way but I thought it could be an interesting design question to answer. You could choose an actress to fill the role and design the character with her in mind, but that's not a requirement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought of one that, at the moment, makes me massively curious to see what people come up with.

I want to see people draw "The Inner Demon/Demons." Who are they? What do they do to you? What do they look like? Are their faces vile and ugly, or do they present themselves in a way that makes them look attractive and appealing, only to have them come around and stab you in the back as you inadvertently act on their behalf?

Of course I'm referring to behavioral inner demons. But, this would be a fun one, I think. If you don't have inner demons, you're fooling yourself.

It would be a great opportunity to bring about a challenge, as well as give people a good chance to personify concepts, which I think is a skill that adds an entirely new dimension to a work of art.

Beyond that, it is very in line with this month's theme of horror and the darker side of life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In English folklore there was a being called "spring heeled Jack" who was capable of great leaps and bounded around Victorian England (mainly London) scaring people to death with, according to some sightings, a seemingly daemonic visage. (Not to be confused with Jack the ripper)
    Most illustrations of the time don't seem to do the descriptions justice, so I though a redesign might be a good idea.

wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    You know the characters you get on the front of spirits? (Captain Morgan's rum is a good example) We could design a character for that. I don't really know what you'd call those.
    I know this is a really old post but that would actually be an awesome (and challenging) prompt. Designing a mascot for some kind of beverage, alcoholic or otherwise.

Anyhow some recent ideas I've been tossing around:

Super Sentai Team Member : Basically designing a member of a larger fantastic task force, from which series like Power Rangers or Voltron are derived. They usually share a specific color or motif to indicate that they're part of a team but you could do pretty much anything with this.

Situational Comedy Couple : Not necessarily a romantic couple, they could even be co-workers or roommates, but a pair of characters whose tendencies would cause hilarity to ensue (an assassin and a pacifist, a butcher and a vegetarian, and so forth). Don't even need to be human, could be purely fantasy or completely normal as far as subject matter.

Corrupt Criminal Attorney : What was once a starry-eyed agent of justice has become a greedy, scheming ne'er-do-well who'll do anything to get a guilty verdict (or not guilty, could be a defense lawyer).

The Cape : A do-gooder vigilante who roams the streets. No superpowers. Must wear a cape of some sort, but anything goes other than that.

Future Athletic Star : A self-absorbed sports celebrity set in the future (how far in the future could be up to the artist). The sport they play should be based on an existing one, but the character should somehow convey that the sport has progressed in some way compared to the ones we play today (in terms of player safety, gameplay efficiency, etc.).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    De novo mutatea et platea pupillo...mutant street orphan.

1. character is from human stock
    2. mutation(s) is clearly noticeable
    3. include a reference to the X-Men with the "X-Men" logo displayed somewhere
    4. include a collection of found items on their person, treasures from the streets
    5. include a mundane small pet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A naga pole dancer. She's always wanted to dance, but without working legs she never could--until someone suggested pole dancing, which is all about wrapping around things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are a couple....

Skillful Sci-fi Badass Nemesis - Not the actual evil master mind, but his trusted minion/agent that the hero gets into many scrapes with. A skillful close range fighter with lightning reflexes and almost peerless agility.

He/she is not inherently evil however, they believe that what they do is for the greater good and have a code, a sense of honor and nobility as such. They are the bad guy/gal that the fans love and that has the potential to do a "Heel-Face turn". Think Ninja/Greyfox from MSG, Kei Leng from ME, The Operative from Serenity/Firefly and so-on. Jaime Lanister in space even!

Sorcerer Lawyer - Master of magic and practitioner of law! In a world with no DNA analysis, CCTV footage or photographic evidence, magic can be the best way to mount a successful legal defense or prosecution. For example, be it a spell to force a confession on the stand, giving animal witnesses the ability to speak, re-animating victims, projecting memories for the jury to see, summoning up damning tax returns.....magic is used to achieve many legal ends. OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A bird-like human that flies and trade supplies and delivers messages to travelers in a post-apocalyptic world. He carries a bag full of things and has great bargaining skills.

Last edited by hugoaraujo; April 7th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to try this one out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since everyone is throwing ideas out for the challenge, and I know I'm a newcomer to the site, but I have a couple that may be fun/interesting for the challenge! :3
    1.) The Corrupted Hero or The Saved Villian He/she/it once stood at the pinnacle of good or evil, but during their quest, they have turned a complete 180 degrees towards the other extreme. Good turns to evil, evil becomes good. Whether through spell, taint, infection, blessing, or random circumstance.

2.) Lovable Bodyguard This character is imposing, dangerous, but something about them is just so charming! Physically intimidating, but somehow relate-able and approachable.

Lets see what happens! Very excited to try my hand at my first CHOW

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Venetian Witch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Dangerous Patient- The most insane patient at the mental ward; he/she must be calmed and restrained by unconventional means in order to protect others and themselves

The Divine Mathematician- As enthusiastic about unlocking the mystery of life as he is about mathematics he has spent his life working on an "equation of everything": a mathematical formula of the universe itself. As he gets closer to this equation his mortal body has trouble containing this knowledge meant only for gods. Maybe he is ill or maybe his body is attempting to transform itself into a divine being. He can be from any time period and of any spiritual influence. Inspired by the film Pi

The First Self-Aware AI Robot- Whether by intention or by mistake, this robot marks the first time Artificial Intelligence became self aware. This robot does not have a body, although the skeletal wiring and mechanics of what might eventually become a body may be shown. It may also merely exist as a head on a desktop. Must have a humanoid face.

Last edited by mes; April 20th, 2014 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    imma put down The Vampire Jew: a man or woman who has to have all victims kosher.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Debt Collector

An island where organised crime is the law and other laws are pretty much working only on paper ... it's a very depressive environment with most of its inhabitants living in constant debt and this created a very competitive job market for the Debt Collectors ... these guys can use all kinds of methods in order to get their targets to pay the money ... and physical force might not always be the best method ... they are very intelligent and creative and also very skilled in hand to hand combat ... paranoia is always present in their mind, because they work alone and could become the target of their own employers ... so they keep their identity secret and don't stay too long in one place

could be human or alien

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 115