0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Food Mage

He or she is a mage whose ability is related to food. Maybe they get superpowers from food they like (a la Popeye), or they are a mage who incorporates food into their magic and uses food-themed spells ("SUPER COOKIE CRUNCH ATTACK!"). It's up to you, but remember: they are not a gluttonous coach potato who loves food, your character is a deadly and powerful "Food Mage," with highly-refined taste buds and a hunger... for battle.

Geometrist

A magic-user obsessed with Geometry. You can see it in their appearance as well as in their magical spells. Their magic utilizes the inherent power of shapes and angles. "Equilateral Triangle... OF DEATH!!" was the last thing one foe ever heard. The viewer should know at a glance that this person loves Geometry- and that you DON'T want to mess with them.

Last edited by waru; February 10th, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1) "The Chosen One" from Fallout franchise. Either male or female, must be a human. The idea is to create a character that has/will save the nuclear wasteland and is a weathered, maybe even radiation fed, lone wolf type of person.

2) Prince Marko (Marko Kraljevic)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Marko
    I believe this could be fun to draw, due to must-draw-huge-mustache fact and the oportunity to draw a hero figure that is not alredy painted a million times.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 394 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Post Apocalyptic Art Teacher

Maybe they use new tools for art? Maybe they are like traveling salesmen on mutant steeds, who travel the wasteland, trading lessons for items of artistic interest? Maybe they run life drawing classes with a chained down zombie as the model.

It's up to you.

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    I would like to hike to the North Pole. I have a shoe and a ham sandwich. What do I do next?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Choob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Head of the goblin guild of assassins. Steeped in the darkest of magic, master of arms and the real power behind the goblin throne.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The poacher. An illegal hunter of wildlife.
    It may be a marauder getting ingredients to sell on the black market (For wizardry? for traditional alien medicine? it all goes), an innocent peasant hunting food for his family despite the kings orders, a hick that likes killing rare wild beasts for sport, etc. It could have some fun possibilites in character, and also time and setting, so i though i`d trow it in.

The cultist
    He/she will contact his deity whatever means necessary

The derelict king/Queen
    Its all in the dumps but he rules it

Last edited by JDSart; February 13th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Psychotic Librarian. Loves her books, hates the people coming to get them - just how far will she go to protect her treasures?

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the woman/man who killed Cthulhu as it came to be known by old deliverances and folk tune that in the deeps of the pacific ocean lies a City in which an old God is ensnared in magic sleep who will bring chaos, destruction and death to the earth should he ever wake up , a secret society decided to send out a woman/man to kill him before this would happen .

As Cthulhu is powerful beyond human imagination the character has to display a plausible way of killing this old God, it somehow has to be included in the whole design ( darn you missing English-skills )

the time/setting could be free to choose even though the whole idea is quite Victorian Age

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    little idea here. maybe the person that sunk atlantis. im rather curious how that person looks. no?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scatch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

4 Horsemen

How about the Four Horse(wo)men of the Apocalypse?

They don't need to be on horses; they can drive cars, or ride motorcycles, or cyber-horses.

Originally it's Conquest, War, Famine and Death, but Conquest has been replaced many times but Pestilence/Plague/Pollution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Ho...the_Apocalypse

Want to see the sort of artwork you'll be getting? Check out My Portfolio!
    Want to read about my projects and see the process? Take a peek at My Blog!
    Want to get instant updates and talk to me? Follow me on Twitter!
    Want to check out my resume and work experience? Connect with me on LinkedIn!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just recently discovered these activities, and wished I knew about them sooner. I really enjoyed looking at one of the last contests for CHOW of the demon queen Rangda. I just finished an illustration that is similar in nature. I made my version of Hanuman the monkey god. I might stand corrected but I'm almost sure that the Rangda like my character might be part of the Ramayana from India or Ramakien from south east asia same story different versions.

Anyway, I think that recreating characters from mythology would always be great. How about the recreation of the Norse god Loki of what he truely might look like? Or some Japanese demons or gods?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kurios View Post

I like this idea as well, and hopefully it would be better to choose one of 4 or all 4 if anyone is fast enough. I tend to try and focus on one thing at a time. But cudos to you, I like that idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kurios View Post

They don't need to be on horses; they can drive cars, or ride motorcycles, or cyber-horses.

Originally it's Conquest, War, Famine and Death, but Conquest has been replaced many times but Pestilence/Plague/Pollution.

The four horsemen was the topic for a 3 week CHoW over the christmas period in 2010. ^_^

The thread can be found: HERE and the finals thread with the finished images can be found: HERE

The winner for that round was: Jager ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Surgeon: She/He's the last thing you see before you black out, but is this operation medically necessary? What is that crazy instrument in their hand? Can be in any time period but must be SF or Horror inspired.

Volcano Goddess: Pele is the Hawaiian goddess of fire, lightning, dance, and volcanoes. Must be majestic, powerful and explosive!

Frost Giant: The Norse Frost Giants (jötunn) were the opposition to the Norse Gods, causing trouble and making war, but sometime intermarrying and having children. Can be ready for war or romance!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    As spring is on the way how about:

Easter: As in the Pagan Goddess Eostre, also thought it might be fun to incorporate different cultures imagery of Springtime.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Deep Sea Mermaid

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone feeling a collab week?!?
    How bout we design a character, his/her environment, a creature that inhabits the environment, and some of the technology that they use?
    Example:
    on a far away planet, the (insert warrior description) uses his/her (insert cool weapon/vehicle) to clear her way through the (insert detailed time/place) to hunt down a runaway (insert creature description).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Clio- Greek Muse of History
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clio

Furusiyya- Arab Knights of the Crusades
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furusiyya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yasuke

Yasuke was an African servant to an Italian Jesuit who came to Japan in the 1500s. There he met and joined the forces of Oda Nobunaga, who thought very highly of him. Some thought Nobunaga would make him a lord. He is said to have been over 6 feet tall, making him a giant compared to most Japanese people of the day. Little else is known about him, but with this in mind, how do you think Yasuke would have lived and looked? Feel free to use your imagination; you can design him as a warrior, or in other traditional clothes of the period.

Yasuke background information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

Sengoku Period (Yasuke would have arrived in Japan around the end of it):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period

Reformed Necromancer

This man/woman once dabbled in the dark arts, learning to raise the dead and control untold horrors from the grave. However, through a heart-warming series of events, he/she came to understand the value of life and gave up the ways of the dead, now living life as a normal person.

Despite their new-found love of life and respect for humanity, years of studying the ways of Necromancy took their toll on this character. Try to show both their former life and their new life in the modern, everyday world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The supreme admiral

master of his ship, ruler of his fleet, legend to his people, scourge of his enemies.
    The admiral is a vaunted figure surrounded by ceremony, pomp and circumstance.

historical, modern, sci-fi, fantasy, human, alien, orc, space, water, air, (desert?) whatever floats your boat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dunno if this has been suggested or not, but i was on facebook the other day and my friend tagged me in his update... you're supposed to look at your profile, and on the left sidebar it shows a random selection of your friends, you're supposed to take the top 5 people there and thats the team of survivors you'll have during the zombie apocalypse.
    so my friend Ian and I ended up having eachother on our lists, so we're doing zombie apocalypse character designs of our friends.

so for here, instead of doing 6 character designs we can just do one: a self portrait.
    a zombie apocalypse survivor self portrait.

your goals would be:
    -resemblence
    -your weapons and supplies would have to represent you somehow. so if you're a junkie for steampunk stuff you'd probably dress in that style all the time cause it wouldn't be weird to society right? so fuck it. wear what you want, but those clothes must be a representation of you and your personality. if you're a musician, try turning your musical instrument into a zombie killing device so that it has a dual purpose.

anyway, theres my idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a couple of ideas for the character of the week. No.1 a passive character, think 'Bones' from the TV series, a non aggressive, non action character, paramount to the storyt but has no weapons mearly a brain, someone who is a hero because of their mind, think scientist, chemist, doctor, etc.

No.2 is a zombie one, sorry 'I just love zombies'. Think about where you work and who you work with, what would happen to them if the zombie virus struck while you were at work. Take a photo of someone you work with, consider what they do, who they are and turn them into a Zombie. Consider that beautiful receptionist that greets people so professionally - now imagine her or him as a zombie. Could be fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We had the Four Horsemen a few months ago, there's something about apocalyptic figures that seems to inspire the artists here well.

So closely following that, how about Babylon the Great?

(Better known by another name beginning 'Who' ending 're' but apparently that word is censored here.)

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
    17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
    17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
    17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sat.
    17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
    17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
    17:12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    17:15 And he said unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the sat, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
    17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.
    Since we haven't encountered the apocalypse yet, she could essentially be anybody in any time period. Illuminati-based conspiracy theories have singled out notable pop musicians as possibly being her in recent years, particularly ones who have flirted with religious imagery or symbolism in their work - Madonna, Britney Spears and most recently Lady Gaga. (Suggesting she could be beautiful and popular rather than blatantly repellent.) The beast she appears with could also make for some interesting interpretations.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most Ruthless Leader the world has ever known - that says everything

“The thing with quotes you find on Internet, is that you can never know if they are real or not - Abraham Lincoln”

My Sketchbook needs your critique which is more than precious to me

the KING of uploading..check this out..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ching Shih the 18th Century Chinese Pirate

I don't know if the woman pirate theme has been done yet, but this woman was a notorious pirate and she ran a whole pirate fleet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih

She accepted amnesty form the Chinese govt. and actually got to keep her loot and retired peacefully (by opening a brothel)/gambling den), so she must've been able to drive a hell of a bargain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Offspring Of War-
    What does war do to soldier/warrior? is he a brave soldier fighting with passion? Has he seen so much crazy shit he's lost his sanity? Does he carry around his spoils of war and his trophy kills drag behind on the ground leaving a trail of blood? is he a bloodthirsty killer that will take any chance he gets to take some one's head of their shoulders?
    Could be scifi, fantasy, modern, post-apocalyptic, anything!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 662 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Children of Loki: design one (or more) of the three monsterous children of the Norse god of mischeif, Loki (Fenrir, Jormundgand, and/or Hel)

Art is not about competing against others and being better than everyone else, but it is about competing against yourself and discovering your greatest potential!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    native american kachina's. kinda broad but if you narrow it down to the wuya's theres alot you can still come up with.
    "In Hopi the word is often used to represent the spiritual beings themselves, the dolls, or the people who dress as kachinas for ceremonial dances, which are understood to all embody aspects of the same belief system. Among other uses, the kachinas represent historical events and things in nature, and are used to educate children in the ways of life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kachina

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few more character/archetypes.

The Little Giant Slayer

Description:
    "A fabled warrior of daring, and often perilous feats. Although diminutive in stature, they have slayed enormous foes and creatures, sometimes with their bare hands. Known to have an iron grip, stoic nature and a penchant for danger."

-A small character, whether they are just short or a child, even a smaller race of creatures (gnome, dwarf etc.)
    -Often in troubled, dangerous or life threatening situations.
    -Mostly fights with bare hands, but not exclusively. Grapples and climbs.
    -Either gender

The Militant Instructor

"A master of arms and a seasoned veteran of many battle in charge of training fresh recruits in the art of combat. He teaches with harsh methods and an aggressive attitude. Although he's known to he lighten up with a bit humor, the line between genuine humor and cynicism is blurred. Always looking for an opponent, whether it is a true foe or an unfortunate student not making the cut..."

-Weapons/ Combat Instructor
    -Aged/Older Character
    -Aggressive, cynical, brash nature
    -Male character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Chuck Norris of the future, or what would equate to a cultural phenom/meme machine of the future.

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you were to design the prince/princess from a disney film how would you make him/her? or redesign one that already is?

or the villain/protagonist/sidekick of an rpg fantasy game (like the older ff games, the char designs is crazy sometimes so it feels kinda open to what you want to do?) maybe its been done already (i know fighting game has been done at least)

or do char design for a flash short or similar, it would require to think a bit about chardesign as it usually isnt to detailed and you have to think about the shapes alot, to make it easier to animate etc.

i know we hade the winner chosing a topic once, that was fun, couldnt we do that again from time to time? or was that some speciel occasion only, dont remember x)

wish i had some more fun ideas to contribute with D: reading through here there has been quite alot of cool stuff suggested!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 113