CHoW Topic Suggestions - Page 12
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: A REMINDER

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
  • this isn't a poll - it's a reminder

0 0%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: CHoW Topic Suggestions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maitreya : The Future Buddha - The future enlightened one of society is to make his presence known shortly. There have been many rumors generated about this legendary figure: some say he will be the first political ruler of the entire world, others say he is a divine judge who decides who will go to heaven or hell, or a human being who has reached his full potential, or a manifestation of a perfectly evolved spiritual intelligence who has countless bodies, or the creator of the cosmos, or even the void itself and the truth of emptiness, or he is simply a wise teacher who has come to show humanity the way to permanent happiness. Hopefully all will be revealed soon. (this character can appear in any timeline, be it 100 A.D. or 12,000 A.D.)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Humankind, Feeders, Race growers. (amazing what orange juice will do!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What if AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds (and they're) Done Dirt Cheap" were actually written "Dirty Deegs and the Thunder Chief", as I had always believed them to be (up until about last week)? I think it would be interesting to see what characters could come out of that, with the original song as inspiration.

"Dirty Deegs...THUNDER CHIEF! Dirty Deegs...THUNDER CHIEF!
    Dirty Deegs and da t'under chief, Dirty Deegs and da t'under chief...

OR if that's too specific for people, maybe you could offer several songs with the lyrics tweaked or messed around like above, that describe new imaginary characters. Though, I can't think of any examples right now.

'folio! (down for construction)
    flickr! (until my portfolio's back up!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [Not sure if this is entirely suitable but it kinda fits the thread requirements]

If anyone's heard of that game 'scribble' where someone scribbles a line, and other people have to draw something from it, sometimes to a particular theme.

It'd be pretty cool if either someone drew it for everyone, and then they drew over it as their interpretation [maybe based on a theme], or we could do our own and be sure to show them in the wip

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the creepiest harliquin/jester

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Letter Warriors Warriors that use both the uppercase and lowercase of a letter as weapons (at least weapons modeled after the uppercase and lowercase of a letter.) The character doesn't have to be from a specific time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    recently came across an interesting term that i thought could do for CHOW.
    The God of the Gaps.
    Info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

basically, the term is applied to a god existing in the unknown facts of our reality. The way i see it, is that you'd have to protray a deity that manages or is in charge of the unexplained events of our universe. or something like it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was wondering if there was any chance of the Themesongs idea becoming a semi-regular feature? Say, every tenth CHOW? I'm a big music fan and really enjoyed working on that challenge, and the diversity and creativity of the entries. Songs could be suggested in this thread. Anyone else like this idea? Anyone?

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well Halloween is coming up, as is 1st november slef portrait day, so why not something like yourself in a Halloween costume, or something you have turned into, like a Halloween nightmare creature or something.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

murkus is offline aka: Little Red Riding Hood Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My friend and I were talking about this, and I thought it would be cool to see everyone's take on it

Konstantin is a half vampire (still blood thirsty, but he can go out in sunlight). He is the brutal and cunning pirate captain of the Sky Whale, a vicious maurauding airship [my vision: zeppelin, but be creative].

Set in future, or alternate universe...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Firstly, I'm on board with making "The Three Storms" a CHOW topic as suggested by Reymus. Big Trouble in Little China was one of may absolute favorite movies growing up!

Now, to toss some suggestions into the CHOW topic fray!

Medieval SWAT Team - The modern SWAT Team is a group of highly trained law enforcement officers who are called upon to deal with high risk operations which fall outside the abilities of regular law enforcement. These operations include, but are not limited to, hostage rescue, terrorist negotiations, engaging heavily armed criminals, and serving high risk arrest warrants. Now, imagine and design one or more members of an elite tactical group of soldiers/officers from the middle ages which would be called upon to deal with similar situations. They may be from any nation of origin as long as it is within the specified time line.

Oxymoron - The embodiment or personification of two seemingly opposing concepts in one character. Some suggestions to choose from:
    - Peaceful Warrior
    - Hippie Yuppie
    - The Obvious Ninja
    - Clumsy Cat Burglar
    - The Little Sumo
    - Talking Mime
    - Angelic Demon
    - Demonic Angel
    - Uncharasmatic Rockstar
    Any other non-offensive "Oxymoron" type characters are welcome too.

Unlikely Zombie Outbreak Survivor - The Zombie Outbreak of 2013 came without warning. The majority of the population, unprepared for such an occurrence, were either slaughtered or turned by the legions of the undead. Most of those who managed to stay alive were of a particular breed. Generally these survivors were either well armed, quick thinkers, extremely resourceful, in excellent physical condition, or some combination of these attributes. However, a small percentage of survivors possessed none of these qualities. How these individuals managed to survive can only be described as pure luck. Design such a survivor, either gender.

Severely Out-Matched - The news had reached the village. The king's army has fallen, the invaders from the northern mountains have broken through and are now advancing on the last of the free Kingdoms to the south. As the peoples of the south hastily planned their retreat, one man dawned his make-shift armor and took up arms ready to stand against the advancing threat. By no means was this man a soldier, let alone skilled in the basics of combat - but what he lacked in strength, he made up for in courage. It was clear to those who looked on that this man was not only out of his gourd, but severely out-matched and wouldn't stand a chance against one trained soldier, let alone a legion of them. Though his wife and children sobbed and pleaded with him to flee, he would not - he would swear to fight with every last fiber in his body for a chance to save his family and his home. Comforting his family, he rose to his feet and turned to face his enemies. Expecting to face the enemy alone, he was surprised to see that the other men of the village were now at his side, armed, and ready for one final stand against their common enemy.

...Design the brave, yet out-matched civilian man described in the above story.

Kaiju Slayer - "Kaiju" is a term which refers to the giant building-destroying monsters often seen in Godzilla movies. Design a character that is able to bring down one of these beasts using only his or her wits and super advanced weaponry. The only restriction is that the character cannot pilot a gigantic humanoid robot - any other airship, sea faring vessel, or land vehicle is fine.

Bogged-Down Admin Elf - Christmas is coming up, and Santa's Workshop is ramping up production for the final push of the season. This is no easy task, especially not if you are in the workshop's administrative department. Figuring out the logistics of flight routes, budgeting for materials and labor, double checking the naughty and nice lists, and maintaining Santa's books are hard enough as it is during the non-Christmas season! Design one of Santa's admin office elves (Accounting, HR, Logistics, IT, Marketing, etc.) who is deeply engaged in their job...and highly stressed out!

IT'S A GOLEM! RUN! RUN! - In ancient times, wizards both benevolent and malevolent summoned Golems, great beings of immense strength brought to life from base elements or inanimate objects, to do their bidding and act as protectors for their masters and their masters' vaults. Some of these beings lay dormant and manged to survive until modern times. These singular-minded beings are unwittingly awakened by hapless explorers who seek their fortune in lost treasure.

Last edited by El Capohan; October 30th, 2009 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fairytale Nightmare - Take the characters (human or animal) from some of the oldest fairytales, and warp them. Include a short epilogue for them.

Resources: Hans Christian Andersen, the Brother's Grimm, Aesop.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingRusalka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm...
    Lucifer the Lightbringer - The Adversary. The Dragon. The End of all Things. These titles apply only to the being he became after his Fall. Depict the Proto-Satan, the angel as he was when the first dawn broke.

CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reanimated History - When the zombies rise from the grave, there's gonna be some well-known historical figures up and about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1908, Ten years after Mars failed invasion of Earth, Earth launches it's invasion of Mars, time for some Edwardian payback!!

1908 Colonial Marine a steampunk Space Marine could come from any of the major powers, so British, French, Russia, Japan, ect

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about we pay some tribute to those who create mankinds greatest creation on a daily basis, the pyromaniac.

FUCK YOU YA PRETENTIOUS DICKS!! BAN ME!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wiggers inspired this idea, an alien planet (habited by an alien race) being invaded buy us= human invader

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to bring Sorknes's topic back up because it sounds like it would make for a great CHOW:

"The flu that came along now made me think of The Spanish Lady. Which is the nickname for the Spanish Sickness/Flu, the 1918 flu pandemic that killed somewhere between 20 and 100 million people... It was often depicted as a Spanish lady. Would be interesting to see some new takes on that?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dont know if anyone has sugjested this but, here i go

some native american tribes believe people have spirit animals, an animal that represents that person,by thier actions and personality, take the time to think about what animal would represent you and make an animal/huminoid/you.

So there ya go hope you guys do this one and enjoy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Persona:
    One of my favorite game series is the Shin Megami Tensei sub-series Persona. In it people fight demons and such using a personified inner-self which is otherworldly and usually inspired by religious or mythological contexts. Designing a persona for oneself or even an important historical figure could be very interesting and challenging, forcing one to showcase personal traits in the design without being heavy handed. So essentially, design a battle-ready id

These are some examples of the games' concept art. Warning to those who have distaste for the saccharine flavor of anime:
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/p3-hermes.html
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/p3-orpheus.html
    http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p3/art56.jpg
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4...dion_super.png
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/me.../68/Athena.png
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/me...enthesilea.jpg
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/me...Polydeuces.jpg
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...a-izanagi.html
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...na-sakuya.html
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...mikazuchi.html
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...na-himiko.html
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...ty-of-fog.html
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...ka-gongen.html

Last edited by Jay-Zee; November 30th, 2009 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CROSSOVER
    THE GRAND EXPEDITION
    In the future 100 years ago (Uchronisms-look it up) mankind perfected a "Photonic Catapult" - A machine designed to launch a ship at faster than light speeds. The ship itself was incapable of such velocity - the idea was to amount a selection of 100 fine individuals who would become "Terminal Photonauts".
    In groups of 2-20 these glorious heroes would be shot far into space aboard the finest cosmic vessels. There would be no return. None would live. Each would be destined to die out there in space, their only legacy a single interstellar transmission containing all the information they had collected during their lives in space.
    Their purpose: Exploration. The Grand Expedition went off without a hitch.
    100 men, women and automata were spat into the depths of space...never to return.

CHOW: Create the Photonauts. They can be male, female or mechanical (think at least vaguely humanoid automata). They can be all ages, races, sizes and shapes. Teams of Photonauts ranged in size from 2-20
    MUST HAVE: The character posing for a promotional shot/painting/portrait etc. Optional: Orthographs and other images are submittable in addition. Also create their space-suit and maybe equipment.

IDW: Create a Photonic Ark. When the Expedition was proposed 10 years in advance of its execution, multiple inventors, companies and even governments began constructing "Photonic Arks", ships designed to resist faster than light (photonic) speeds and then gravitate to the nearest planet. This resulted in a multitude of different designs, so all versions welcome.
    MUST HAVE: Living quarters, cockpit, external shot for propaganda poster. Optional: Design smaller vehicles for use on planet which would be carried within the Ark.

COW: Upon arrival on the numerous heavenly spheres that would become their final homes, the Photonauts met a variety of beasts and xenos. Design 2 creatures to live on the planet your Photonauts landed on. MUST HAVE: Two images of the creatures captured by the Photonauts on high-resolution camera NO BLAIR WITCH SHOTS.
    Optional: As many creatures as you like, as long as they are properly done. This will count for extra brownie points, but dont push it.

EDW: Design one of the planets the Photonauts landed on. It can be anything. Think outside the box though - a planet with a black hole above it, a planet made of nothing but sand, a sea planet made of hydrochloric acid - just do something NEW.
    MUST HAVE: The landing site and a "typical view" again taken by the Photonauts on high resolution camera. Optional: Design the launch pad area the 100 Photonauts launched from on Earth.

Whattya think? I have too much time on my hands.

CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Wight Knight:

As in the J.R.R. Tolkein definition of the word, similar to a wraith, and not me spelling "white" wrong

Wikipedia:
    "More recently, the word has been used within the fantasy genre to describe undead or wraith-like creatures: corpses with a part of their decayed soul still in residence, often draining life from their victims. Notable examples of this include the undead Barrow-Wights from the works of J. R. R. Tolkien and the wights of Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 391 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The Nightmares of Neverland

Man kind always dreamed of eternal youth. That dream came true for one special boy, whose name is know to us all - Peter Pan. But, what if that dream turned into a nightmare? What if Peter Pan discovered that he did want to grow up and continue his life, especially after loosing Wendy to reality, only to find himself trapped inside the same world he created? Be careful what you wish for...for it might come true...

ChOW -

Design one of the characters from this tainted version of Neverland, and take in consideration what this place would do to them - Peter Pan, the dark child, now filled with anger and envy, Tinkerbell as half demonic little monster, the Lost Boys as a horde of mindless zombies, or Captain Hook - the leader of the resistance. One thing to remember - everything is twisted and what was once like it was, now is no more (am I complicating this or what?)

EOW - Neverland is no longer a happy, sunny place. Design its twisted version, and remember - this place reflects the twisted state of Peter Pans mind, since it was created by his imagination. Raging volcanoes, blood lakes, death forests - go wild!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't completely read all of the suggestions here, nor been around long enough to have know all the subjects that have been covered in the past. So I apologize for any repeats. But a couple idea's that crossed my mind while thinking of CHOW.

Dante's Inferno - Personification of one or more of Dante's Stages/Cirles of Hell.

The Loathy Lady - A character often used as a literary device. Seen often in fairy tales and poems. The loathly lady is usually an old, wretched and/or hideous woman who begs or demands something of a handsome or wealthy man while in her hideous form. Regardless of his action she always reveals her true form, usually a young, beautiful, fair woman. Depending on his actions/response to her initial request, she will grant him great weath/happiness/etc or curse/transform him (physically or otherwise). I was thinking, either designing her hideous form or her beautiful one, or better yet both!

The Average Man or Woman (or some more interesting variation of this idea, something relatively normal or common though) - Sounds boring I know. But there is a reason I suggested this. I think this is a important thing for character artist to remember when bringing characters to life. In the desire to be different many artists have created such over the top flashy, perfect characters that are completely unbelievable (i.e. Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu). It's good to take a step back and create a realistic relatable character.

Ghost Ship - The Captain or crew members of a ghost ship.

Last edited by Sketchtastrophe; December 12th, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First CHOW character concept contribution

Alex the _____: a sideshow freak who has always wanted to run away to the suburbs/city.

I think the idea has merit. There's a lot of flexibility. Has s/he made it out? Is s/he still dreaming? Maybe they've been incognito in the city for a while now but still haven't gotten the hang of all things "normal."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; December 20th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back a year or two ago, a blogger posted about her young child's map of Santa's North Pole.*

One of the buildings the child had included was a stadium for the gladiatorial games.

So there you go: Gladiator Christmas Elves

*sorry, can't find the original link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe I'm a little late. Also, don't know for sure if it has already been done. How about the Three Wise men? they're the equivalent of Santa in Spain and Latin America. They're three Magus who traveled in camel to see the newborn jesus and give him three presents. Each one represents a continent: Caspar for Europe, Melchior for Asia and Balthasar for Africa.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if this is allowed, but what about some realism rework of a Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior character?

Was kinda thinking it would be good to do, maybes even split into 3 week parts - hero, villian, and monster??

33. The Following User Says Thank You to devilfish2187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - Tomoe Gozen, a female samurai in the 11th/12th century. It's not sure whether she really lived, but she's quite famous(?), at least that's what I heard.
    Tomoe was especially beautiful, with white skin, long hair, and charming features. She was also a remarkably strong archer, and as a swordswoman she was a warrior worth a thousand, ready to confront a demon or a god, mounted or on foot. She handled unbroken horses with superb skill; she rode unscathed down perilous descents. Whenever a battle was imminent, Yoshinaka sent her out as his first captain, equipped with strong armor, an oversized sword, and a mighty bow; and she performed more deeds of valor than any of his other warriors.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoe_Gozen

- Koshchej the Immortal, an evil wizard in Slavic mythology. He hides his soul outside of his body so people can't kill him that easy (HP anyone?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koshchei

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 144