Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: www.transientman.com 10/17/09 oh god its 95 pages now!!! also 2 new illos bottom pg 1

Thanks
    So this is what all those homeless drawings were for. Man this is so freaking killer, I'm linking it to my compadre asap. Thanks for sharing!

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    I don't normally do this but...
    I keep coming back to read the story again and again, and it gets better and better each time. I'll never look at homeless people the same way. Coro I worship you man...

Thanks
    Tge story and the art are both amazing man, can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 291 Posts
    thanks so much guys! damn, having been so close to this thing for so long, its a HUGE relief to get such a positive response, especially from you fine people of this great community ! ill post more stuff and responses soon, i promise. really, to each and every one of you who responded, i appreciate your kind words and support from the very bottom of my heart...-c36

Thanks
    This is a really cool project, coro. It's great to see you experimenting with various forms of visual communication: painting, concept art, storyboards, and now comics. I keep returning to the second page; the flow of the page, the unification of the colors, and the posing/viewpoints of the figures is completely on. I feel like some of the figures in other pages can get a bit stiff and mannequin-like, but this is only the case in a few panels.

Great work dude, and thanks for the feedback on my post. It really meant a lot to get such positive remarks from an artist of your calibre.

Danny

Thanks
    dude thats awezome, i havnt taken the time to read it all yet but the pictures are great, love the colors, awezome job.

its really wierd n freaky.

EDIT: okay just red the whole thing, loved it, is there any way to get the rest of the storry?
    Last edited by Lotet; April 15th, 2008 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks
    Fuk u, EL CORO. You don't care to respond to all! Do you have ANY idea how many times I refreshed this page? Of course not. Fuck you and your tampon you called Tina.

HUGS,
    N8
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.N8vandyke.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    i agree with your thinking in that less can be more in the case of comic books. some panels you only want to use as underpinning - or establishing shots, if you will - for bigger splash pages or key frames. it makes sense to render something less if it is not paramount for the story to continue in its arc. i see it as inhaling and exhaling, and the more polished frames as a holding of ones breath. im using a very similar approach with my own novel, though ive been deliberating over the story arc for some months and in detail before committing to any of the visuals. i figure i need it if someone of your caliber finds it hard at times to produce and move forward.

great concept and execution as far as the storyline goes, i've also been handling my type in a very similar manner (though i dare not hand-write). just a little note on the LSD page (not to hijack your thread, i will make one observation and leave it at that, so nobody get uptight in this thread if you feel so inclined - PM me) - its actually really viable concept that LSD and other mind-altering drugs are a catalyst to seeing through to other dimensions. a good friend of mine had a mate a while back who used to be on acid pretty consistently, and he used to hallucinate vividly and frequently. having gotten off the drugs, he became a born again christian, and came across these guys who are your real life, hard core John Constantine's - i mean they could see and fight against these demonic forces, as if they were as real as you or me in the physical plane! they spoke about it quite openly, and described in detail different "classes" of demons and other spiritual forces that they encountered on a daily basis. he found as they spoke more and more about it, they described - to the most miniscule of details - the exact apparitions that he saw whilst on the trips. only difference is that these guys werent tripping. so, in reading your stuff, i can definately draw a bead of recognition there.

oh, and i think on page 9 you have the sentence "I need you to come with me to help insure the safety of everything you know" i think the word in this case is ensure, not insure..? (correct me if im wrong, grammar police) both very similar, i guess they can be interchangable, but when i read insure i think of car insurance (sorry for the nitpick, just being an avid comic nut and a pedantic perfectionist it'd be something that would upset my rhythm to no end)

thank you for inspiring me to continue

Thanks
    wow, this is so awesome!

Thanks
    Great read, I wonder if all hobos are really protectors of humanity? Wow, I'll be sure to give'em more money next time!

Looking forward to future pages.

Thanks
    Ive been sending links to this all day to friends, i think its amazing. I cant even comprehend having so many panels to do at such a high quality. I think your work is incredible, the lighting and atmosphere in some of these, particularly the wide shots of the hobos, is just stunning.

Thanks for sharing

Nick
    2008 - 2009 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

2007 - 2008 sketchbook:

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Definitely looking forward to future editions of this sheet!

Thanks
    awesome pages man, its really great to ee the universe your illustrations and concepts suggested come to life n such an easyreading and well-executed way

much respect man, i really hope to see more of this in the future

ciao!

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast