Art: www.transientman.com 10/17/09 oh god its 95 pages now!!! also 2 new illos bottom pg 1 - Page 19

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I keep saying it, because you keep pumping more stuff out, so awesome job Coro! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you that this goes out there big time.

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this thread rock! love it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey coro! Imagine I hadn't seen this before! Really cool comic! locing the epic way it is told and how the whole legend is based around subtstance abuse That is kinda funny, and still makes it all the more serious. Would like to point out that there is this one thing that really bothers me and that is a few of the poses. Where most of the stuff fits in like a hand in a tailored and well lubed glove, some of the poses just stick out like a sore thumb and kind breaks the illusion. Still, best comic I have seen, and the fact that there is so much craftsmanship in it is brilliant^^

-E

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 291 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey y'all, finally updated with some new pages....more to come very soon..been such a busy year its been hard to keep full bore on this, but i been doing the best i can. this section has been particularly difficult for some reason, lots of heavier writing and faster pace really adds hours of fixing. i hope it turned out okay. its never perfect, but ill shoot for passable

Mischeviouslittleelf: dude trust me i struggle so much with poses! im always fixing them, if you see any in particuylar that you see as being really offensive, please call em out to me. i get to a point sometimes where i just move on for the sake of finishing, but i knwo i leave behind some real stinkers sometimes.

taeyoungchoi: thanks so much man. i love you r work!

paulturalski: thanks!

Saturns Gate: thanks so much man. i appreaciate the kind words. id hate for all this work to go nowhere

aaro_n: yopur answer is in the update! hell probabaly be in later too.

tgfx: thanks man

Jedmo: ohh ohh ohhh ohhh ahha ahhh ahhh ahhh. miss you too man. hope all is well with you.

Andy Brase: thanks so much andy! im damn sure gonna try! glad you like this stuff. its been my passion project here for the past two years, just wanbna finish it now hahaha. hope you are good these days brother.

zweiDee: thanks man. yeah i shrunk the pages on the site. we did the vid. chris hatala animated it and i comped it. was fun. glad you liek the stuff man

idyll23:

kMh: thanks man. cut off on the sides, eh? geez i wonder whats causing that. fuck i love web shite. anyhoo, glad you are digging the stuff. stay tuned!

S.C. Watson: thanks dood! good catch! i apprecaite it

arghmisfit: right on man. thanks fo looking. stay tuned for more!

TheGnoll: thanks so much dawg. more to come. ill look into craditing the pics.

Call0ps: haha i cant wait top see what bob does too

Samuel Gray: always gotta be on the lookout. always.

mroe pages coming real soon. thanks again for looking guys. back to the drawing board.

c36

7. The Following User Says Thank You to el coro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man... where can i buy this funkin' book ?
    thanks maan !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man... where can i buy this funkin' book ?
    thanks maan !!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redisauruss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just read it through and nearly howled in frustration when it ended. I would pay money to buy the book to see how this ends. I love your art in this, every page has a stand out image, really blows me away. Keep up the good work!

ART BLOG

"Admitting that free man may err, in no way invalidates the importance of his ability to decide for himself."
    Robert LeFevre

"laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Cesare Beccaria

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bones Weep Tedium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    El Coro de los fuckin magnificos!

The cinematic lighting and composition in so many of these panels is just so damned phenomenal.
    The colds and hots are gorgeous.

The desolation you achieved with bob sitting there tied up and alone under that freeway hits you like a truck, and you achieved it in broad daylight in an urban setting.
    Also all the ambient underlighting you did on those buildings when they make it to sacremento and settle down in that alleyway was just heavenly man.
    To think you did all this with your *INSANE* schedule of instructing and working is just all kinds of stupid.
    What else is really striking is your inate sense of body language and expression tells so much of story without the text.
    I tend to read things like comic books and graphic novels twice in one sitting. Once to go through it slowly page by page and not read the text to just appreciate the art. The second go is reading the text with the art.
    With you its like you dont even need the text; the narrative is immediately visually transmitted when you look at the panel.

That really is an incredible skill that few possess and one that I greatly admire and aspire to, for whats thats worth.

Also the little spikes of humor had me cackling out loud, particularily during peaches' dream and when bob is tied up and tim runs off to drop a duece.

I really cant wait for more of this.
    When bob gets rescued by the characters from Mothhead it really sends you into orbit asking questions. Anyone else who owns Massive Black volume 1 knows what im talking about and probably has thier buttcheeks clenched up in anticipation to find out what the connection is as much as I do.

Were the IP's married somehow into one?
    And if so what is the fate of it? Will they still be developed into games as explained and hinted at in the book?
    Am I smelling some sort of trilogy epicness?

I guess im just going to have to wait and find out!
    I like the anticipation and honestly cant help but laugh at all the internet generation fans; they arent used to waiting for answers and are probably on the brink of seizures after putting it all together.
    Buahaha!

Incredible material man, really; there just arent many original ideas out there, so much of it is safe and regurgitated cloning - this is brave and awesome.
    Congratulations.

Best wishes,
    Brad

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was like reading a movie. I adore this full-heartedly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amaaaziiiing, man. The atmosphere and brushwork in each panel are great. Perfect.

I would buy this, easy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome new stuff. you were showing bits of these during the Composition class correct?

mesmerised by the new Avatar/icon.Mesmerised.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is beyond incredible, Coro. I really don't know what to say. I cannot wait to get this of the shelves!

Is this all 100% digital?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It fills me with pride to be a little part of this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are one of a select few on this site that i can say you are trully insane my friend , i haven't been here long , ive bean checking out this forum for a few months , and dude there are people like Andrew Jones , Björn Hurri , black frog, Clo , Giorge, IdiotApathy, Gax , DefiledVisions , luness and others, that i am finding day by day, some are more skilled then others but one thig is for shure you guys are nutzzzz ... keep it up, and specially you sir! cheers 4 that!

Bravo!

EDIT: More graffiti please!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for looking at the stuff guys. i uploaded a few new pages and a couple of bum illustrations i did earler this year as well if you are interested at all.

kickflipjohny: thanks man. you include me in some great company there. know i apprecaite the kind words man. more graffiti on the way!

Chupacabra: shit...thanks again for doing something for it, Khan. i appreciate all the help i can get. you killed that shit man!

Dizon: thanks so much! that means a lot. i actually draw them on paper real small, then scan them, blow them up, redraw them better, then scan them, and paint them. im so much faster at drawing in pencil it actually saves me time and i get better results that way.

Gerbil Fetus: yeah i used a couple of these. good catch! glad you liek the new avatar. justin bieber is the truth, son.

drd: thanks man. now all i gotta do is finish the damn thing!

Ikage: yet another great compliment i dont really deserve. but thanksman. thats totally what im going for

Cryptcrawler: haha man, i hope you are right. i hope everyone gets this the same way you do, Brad. im truly humbled that someone of your sensitivities can look at my slop and see something in it. im trying my best, and flying blind for a good amount of it, and you give me hope. im serious.

Bones Weep Tedium: thanks dewd! keep checking back for more. ill update as often as i can!

redisauruss: lemme just finish it and ill let you know. i have about 30 more pages left. home stretch weeeeeee!!!!

thanks again for looking, and if anyones ees anything off or naggingly wrong, please let me know! i appreciate every bit of insight i can get.

c36

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el coro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by el coro View Post
    thanks again for looking, and if anyones ees anything off or naggingly wrong, please let me know! i appreciate every bit of insight i can get.

c36
    Now that you've mentioned it, the last panel of page 32 has something that is bothering me. The placement of the big dude is a bit odd. I know that he's behind the characters but his lowered hand actually feels closer to the viewer and in front of the others. So it's a bit confusing to look at.

By the way, did you use Painter for this? I ask because of the brush strokes that resemble a painterly brush. Or was it just a photoshop brush?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaaaa yes man! love the new pages and cool mothhead cameo!
    again, the time,effort and skills you put into this are really worth it, and show thru every page and panel.I was just wondering, are you going to keep the storyboard-videogame sequences at the beginning in the published version as well? just curious.

can't wait to see more!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,519 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    'Let me smash those tears away!'
    This is the best comic Ive read since Top10, I love it. It reminds me of Tim Power's Chandleresque sleazy LA ghost scene. I will buy it and when that money hits your account please have a drink on me man.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; October 13th, 2009 at 10:32 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And it won't stop... fucking unbelievable man. Speechless, inspired, and now I clearly have no idea how you are able to sleep or not sleep.
    -J-

Official website-
    www.JasonFelix.com
    Jason Felix's Blog-
    Monstergalleria.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Damnit, Coro! My pc crashed! I'll try again tomorrow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, wanted to update this and thread and also announce that i am going to be interviewed by the one and only Bobby Chiu this monday October 19th in the afternoon at 2:00 pacific time on his ustream channel:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bobby-chiu-broadcasting

so come by if you can...im really looking forward to it.

alesoun: dammit!! its getting to be a killer download at this point...also if yo want you can look at transientman.com, the images load individually there

Bomba: HEYA NEIGHBOR! felix is our booth neighbor at the APE convention going on this weekind here in sf...you are too kind homie. as my man freedom williams once said, "im just a squirrel, trying to get a nut, to make you move your butt to the dance floor."

Velocity Kendall: awww man thanks so much! really means alot coming from a certified badass such as yourself. i just gotta finish it now!!!

TheGnoll: thanks man. naw gonna redo those once im done with the ending. shouldnt be too hard...but i want the format to be as smooth as possible, its worth reworking those six pages.

Dizon: i totally see what you mean. i wanted to include that candy bar in the scene, but im inclined to lose that entire hand. it doesnt help the composition at all. good call! thanks!

thanks again for looking guys. ill update as soon as i have some new stuff to show.

c36

Last edited by el coro; October 18th, 2009 at 12:46 AM.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el coro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Badass!!! Thanks for posting this stuff. I can't wait for the rest... just can't.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This shit is amazing, love how the story is progressing, I never liked reading any type of comic online but this i just can't stop reading it. Looking forward to more pages!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You rock my day again

Attached Images Attached Images  
    <======================================>
    MY SB

33. The Following User Says Thank You to DirtyiroN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Coro,

I've been scoping out Transientman- huge endeavor! I'm excited to see where it all goes. Keep cranking!

s.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sterling Hundley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely gorgeous work! that citiscape with the mini powerplant was stunning! Youre a master of urban cinema and the story is absolutely wonderful! It was a pleasure meeting you at the Apecon and if Im not mistaken... werent you sketching away at perchance another page layout for said Transient...? In any case, thanks for so actively sharing and i hope this project gets the full recognition for all its demonstrations of genius.... esp. the masterful use of compositional cock and balls....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While reading this - Apostle's "Something I must do" kept playing in my head. He does the poetic version on youtube and if you like that check his myspace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CdpdcFaQQo

Thanks
    Thanked 5,159 Times in 1,706 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Blissfully enjoying the new awesome. You are part of the resistance which forestalls the tide of crap that threatens to engulf everything.

Glad you make stuff.

kev

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Coro,
    Your the president of I'mtheShitsVille for sure. I completely agree with CryptCrawler on this one. The way your eye bounces from text to imagery perfectly makes it feel like I'm watching a movie. I couldn't believe when I saw those little dudes from the MB book, I was delighted like a little girl when I saw that. Keep pushing hard, it's jaw-droppingly inspiring.

Simplify
    Sketchbook

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2