CAers in London?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following

CAers in London?

I didn't put this in the regional thread since it's not exactly regional, but.

I'm working on a level that takes place around Westminster abbey and the parliament buildings, and need some reference photos. I've got lots from the internet, but they're not exactly organized and don't necessarily cover everything I want, so...

Just wondering if any of you have pictures you'd be willing to let me use? Or, if anyone knows sites where there are already royalty-free reference photos...? It's for a school project, so I'm not going to make any profit off it, either, so...

Anyway, Elwell, if this is in the wrong place, please go ahead and move it. Not really sure where it would go...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need to take some photos for a photographymob photo challenge and I'm thinking about popping over there. While I'm at it I might as well just take countless reference photos.

I have some in my photothread (in my sig), but not many and none that great; but if there is one you like and want specific info on then please ask.

One problem with taking reference photos, however, is that if I spend too long lingering around Houses of Parliament with a camera I might get stopped (... again), and if there's one thing I fear above all else it's the sound of a rubber glove being neatly snapped onto a human hand...

EDIT: I appear not to have uploaded [m]any of the Westminster photos, so I suppose it really is time for me to go back there and get some decent ones. I'll repost in this thread when I have new ones.

Last edited by Rhynome; April 9th, 2008 at 04:47 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhynome For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, most of the level is in Westminster, so you don't need to get in too much trouble by taking pics of parliment. There's plenty of photos online for me to get a fairly accurate exterior model of it, and for now I don't really need the interior.

Mostly it's the Westminster Interior that I'm having difficulty finding reference for, and details like the gargoyles and stained glass and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynome View Post
    I need to take some photos for a photographymob photo challenge and I'm thinking about popping over there. While I'm at it I might as well just take countless reference photos.

I have some in my photothread (in my sig), but not many and none that great; but if there is one you like and want specific info on then please ask.

One problem with taking reference photos, however, is that if I spend too long lingering around Houses of Parliament with a camera I might get stopped (... again), and if there's one thing I fear above all else it's the sound of a rubber glove being neatly snapped onto a human hand...

EDIT: I appear not to have uploaded [m]any of the Westminster photos, so I suppose it really is time for me to go back there and get some decent ones. I'll repost in this thread when I have new ones.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.