Sketchbook: lets make art effortless!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: lets make art effortless!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

lets make art effortless!

trying to get back into the art scene... i havent really ever used photoshop for drawing or painting so im hopeing i can really get into it.

let me know if any one has any helpful tips. thanks.

2hr painting

20 min sketch.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by showdownmetal; April 14th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
    my sketchbook!!! leave some comments!

i wanna be a racecar passenger, the guy who bugs the driver... can i put my feet out the window? can i turn up the radio? you sure like tide. --- mitch hedberg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some random drawing... i really wanna get better at photoshop and drawing, so if anyone has any recomendations then please do share.

i wanna be a racecar passenger, the guy who bugs the driver... can i put my feet out the window? can i turn up the radio? you sure like tide. --- mitch hedberg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im finding it easier to use references from magazines...

quickie,
    about an hour

Attached Images Attached Images  

Slechtvalk is offline Your current user title is? Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hay Showdownmetal (by the way... The Showdown is a great band!);

The required textbooks for this forum are from George Bridgeman & Andrew Loomis.
    Also check out Anatomy for the Artist. Its kinda like Bridgeman but ... believe it or not... alittle more indepth anatomy study.

One Tendency of some of your works is the "flat" look:
    Play with your values... turn some of your paintings into greyscale and try to bump up your contrast. Have a good range of tones and avoid abundant neutral grey.
    Plan out your sketches... Draw some perspective lines over it and get a idea of placement of proportions. To me; its more important to put features in the right spot first then work on detail.

Your doing pretty good; don't stop.
    Get back into it and gain a drawing momentum and dont look back.
    Keep at it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    slech: yeah ive looked at most of those books, im pretty sure i have them in ebook form... which is why i dont delve into them too much. havent done too much lately cuz im waiting until i have the connector i need to hook up my second monitor. but ive been looking at a lot of d-art tutorials and ill be back up running soon. and oh hell yeah, the showdown rocks, or at least they did... the newer cd... not so much. a chorus of obliteration was the best cd ever. its a shame no one knows who they are. im in a metal/rock/hardcore band myself, my darkest moment. we go into the recording studio on may 23rd. cant wait!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.