Art: supernova (big download)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

supernova (big download)

supernova was alot of fun, basicly fuzzyeyes sent us there with a projector and wacoms, we had alot of students take up camp near our little booth all day it was good fun. heres some of the work done on the projectors as well as some pics from the event. waronmars (jenna) was keeping me company all day awwwww.

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    shazam!

I CAN HEAR DEAD PEOPLE

Mini Boba Fett and a Stormtrooper play Viva Pinata. Awesome.

Alti's so great at art that lensflare comes up in photos of him!

Stormtroopers are a pest in Queensland.

The force is strong in this one... Dude to the right is another Fuzzyeyes chap, nice guy too.

For all you ultra net nerds, this is me with Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation and Chzo games fame. He looked suitably unimpressed and surly. I should have socked him in the jaw and stolen his hat. Totally.

Anyway it was a totally sweet weekend, I met loads of people and had a good time. I think I got better at art just by sitting there... dressing up was fun too, hehe.

Last edited by waronmars; April 7th, 2008 at 04:40 AM.

nice works maybe a little bit on the to blurry side for me but that tinkles my imagination some more.

And woei Yahtzee!
    Like him better in black and white on a yellow background! the ugly smuck!

Thats the word i was looking for blurry...maybe workinig on higher res canvas should help?

Ah see you Queenslanders know how to do it right. Looks like it would have been hell fun

Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

hey Alti what´sss up dude?

Very nice painters man, I really liked.

Good Work,

Take Care,

Rod.

About the blurriness - he was painting on a laptop so keeping it fairly low res was necessary... also he's looking at the projection while painting, not the lappy screen, so its harder to tell. the aspect ratio was pretty messed up :p maybe i'm biased tho, hehe.

I entered a drawing competition and won a couple of 360 games and a crit session with herman, the concept artist at creative assembly, who also happens to be a caer, openanewworld. Awesome awesome crits hehe. I realised i left the drawing i did there, but heres another couple i did while i was there, and showed around a few game companies. Gotta print out some folios next time :p These are in a little a5 sketchbook...apparantly i need to render less messily :p

Last edited by waronmars; April 7th, 2008 at 07:33 PM.

This is good, but I it where a bit more readable so I have a feel on whats going. I like 6 and 7, good work. That convention looks fun. Congrats Waronmars, you deseved it!

10. nice one! first one is the best. but i think u should polish them a bit more

great work, the third one is my favorite, looks like a tie-fighter just few by and exploded some globe-shaped operating stations.

Reminded me of David levy, he has some amazing custom brushes available.
    Handy to put down those basic shapes like those arches and it will speed up your work.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

This is very interesting work. The style is so neat because it helps highly detailed artists who need to step back and think more broadly (like me) see simple shapes being used to create detailed scenes. Great ideas!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.