I need help!!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I need help!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I need help!!!

This is a first somebody found my buddy name on a this site or the others....then went to my website and so a creature they would like to mod for half life 2 coming out.....

I don't know what to do ...do I give them permission....do I ask for pay....they said they will give me credit...

First off that was very kind of the unknown person to ask permission...but I just don't know...I am currently talking with them what should I ask...please help...this might be a good oppertunity see as that I am a poor kid right out of college

illustration web space:
    www.ebillustration.com
    general portfolio website:
    www.ebillustration.com/gallery
    ca sketchbook:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118097

careful, if you click on the sketch book link while you are viewing my ca sketchbook you might get stuck in a causality loop
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They have an old site that dosen't work ...the team is called Alliance on the old site.... and they say they are listed on the new half life 2 mod site....under strife ...as of now the server is down....

illustration web space:
    www.ebillustration.com
    ca sketchbook:

careful, if you click on the sketch book link while you are viewing my ca sketchbook you might get stuck in a causality loop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds alot like the tactics of PoiSoNSpiDeR35. If so (even if not) I wouldn't do it unless you only wanted to draw and have your creations taken from you without pay, because you most likely will never see a penny... its good for experience, but for something like that I'd work with some friends on a mod or atleast some people you actually know. PoiSoNSpiDeR35 (or poisonspider here on ca.org) just sees pretty pictures here and contacts the creators so he can take the art and do what he sees fit... I've been contacted along with countless others, just do a search for his posts here. I mean throwing a bunch of art together from various artists that weren't meant to be together doesn't make for a very good game... you need dedicated artists to work on game projects so the visuals are coherent.... personally I wouldn't wanna work on a game project like that.

anyway, here's his most infamous thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=11153

Just watch out and don't get stomped on..... and if you weren't talking about poisonspider, most of what I said still sticks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude I think you savedme at first I was eager to get some kind of work but I told him I had to wait to see....and I talked to somefriends then I got your message....and boy what a strange one.....

It kinda stinks when your hopeing to get some work you jump at the first chance luckly I never gave him permission...

and politely explained the rules to hireing a free lance artist....which I think he ignored

I just need money and a job!.

illustration web space:
    www.ebillustration.com
    ca sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, he contacted me a few days ago, he said:

- "art"

-"show me some of your art"

- just a few peices"

before even saying hello or introducing himeself! i told him to check out my site, he dissapered then

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.