Thread: Zelda Movie?

Thanks

Zelda Movie?

Idk if this was posted , i did search around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTHJtI_FLz4
    so what do you guys think?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 655 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    hehehehe....although the zelda universe would make for a really good film. you'd just have to find better actors than that
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    The CG team was alright. The prop production team, ehhh not so much.

Thanks
    yeah link looked like michael jackson.
    but i thought it looked pretty good.

Thanks
    So if people are going through all this money and time to make trailers, why not go through with it? I know there is more to it, but I dunno... shouldn't they be drawing?
    SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Yeah, for being something not official, it is the best descent trailer of its kind I have seen. Nevertheless, it is quite entertaining, though for an oficial one, Link would need to have some dialog, a first in the series!
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    That looks almost as bad as the games, it's just so damn cheesy. And we all know what the story will be like; the same guy saving the same girl and killing the same enemies.

Thanks
    Well, I think it could actually work. The storyline isnt so corny as in the game (somehow the going-back-in-time principle sounded fresh here), and I liked the little pranks to the game: "don't speak to anyone" (yeah!) and "don't touch anything" (what's the first thing Links does in every game?
    At least Link was looking like a real farmer's kid, instead of an girly, blonde elf wannabe.

It COULD really work. After all, The Legend of Zelda iself is also partly based on the movie "Legend". Correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to burn on a stake for this.

Oh, and about the boy saves girl thing: it's done in approx. 34356 other movies and I never heard complaints about that. The way HOW it's done is more important than the goal itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Well, I think it could actually work. The storyline isnt so corny as in the game (somehow the going-back-in-time principle sounded fresh here), and I liked the little pranks to the game: "don't speak to anyone" (yeah!) and "don't touch anything" (what's the first thing Links does in every game?
    At least Link was looking like a real farmer's kid, instead of an girly, blonde elf wannabe.

It COULD really work. After all, The Legend of Zelda iself is also partly based on the movie "Legend". Correct me if I'm wrong, don't want to burn on a stake for this.
    You can never be too careful!

Oh, and about the boy saves girl thing: it's done in approx. 34356 other movies and I never heard complaints about that. The way HOW it's done is more important than the goal itself.
    Tha's true; look at ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsign View Post
    So if people are going through all this money and time to make trailers, why not go through with it? I know there is more to it, but I dunno... shouldn't they be drawing?
    I'm nto sure if that's a joke or not.. but.. should'nt who be drawing?
    In any case it's an april fool's day prank that is going to attract ALOT of attention to IGn, who paid a small film studio too make a trailer. In the end, everyone's just ruinning thier business.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananda View Post
    That looks almost as bad as the games
    WHAT! The zelda games are some of the best games ever!!

I have to admit I was kinda excited when they showed the spider boss from the temple of time in that trailer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    WHAT! The zelda games are some of the best games ever!!
    Yeah, I knew the pitchforks and firesticks of the town would come out when I said that.

They suck because every single one is just another remake of every other. The same goes for every first-party Nintendo game. Basically the whole company is overrated.

Now, my lungs will be put into the shredder, my throat pieces in the microwave, and my femur towards the limber mill. That is the logic of the Nintendo fan, that a reinvented wheel is a creation of Jesus and anyone who doesn't think so is pretty much stupid. Oh well, there goes creative thinking. But whatever, right?

Thanks
    Lol, that is proabley WHY I like the Zelda games so much.
    So, sure, I know that when I play the next zelda game its going to have everything it did before, but hey, its link! its saveing the princess! I mean, comeon! who doesn't want to relive that!

Think of that favorite game you play over, and over again! Makeing games that are the same lets you keep playing it over and over, and just enoughf new stuff to keep it from getting old and burnt out over it.

So yea, whenever I plug in my zelda game, I'm looking forward to the same hero, the same princess, and the same horse, the same place, for the sake of replay

(for best effect, read my post to the zelda hi-rule theme song)

LOL!

And since when do nintendo fans have our own set of logic?

Thanks
    Christ, I'll never understand it. I can't imagine wanting to come back to the same damn thing. It's already been had.

Creative brains are a rare and valuble resource, and shouldn't be wasted on reinventing the wheel.

Thanks
    The game's system works well, simple but solid. And most importantly people have fun playing it. All too often I've seen franchises that try to become so much more than what they started out as, and get crushed over thier own obsession to add a bunch of needless stuff that does'nt work for the game.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one...
    Thanks
    Also adding to this, it's a bit true what Ananda says but IMHO in most of this games, they are always adding something new to the last one, improving the gameplay in a refreshing way. That's my take on the last Zelda game and also the recent Smash Bros. As long the essence of the formula is there and there is more to it, it works.
    But Nintendo knows when to be innovative, just look at the recent Mario Galaxy, that's not a remake of anything
    SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Interceptor - Please give me an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Andres View Post
    But Nintendo knows when to be innovative, just look at the recent Mario Galaxy, that's not a remake of anything
    O RLY?

Nintendo like to grind out the same thing over and over because it sells over and over and people play it over and over. It doesn't matter if the latest version is well made or not, because it will still be great thanks to the hype. Halo 3 is truthfully more of a luke-warm shower than the hotness politically correct reviewers make you believe. The original game made me dredge through dark corridors for the last level, the sequel gave me enough burning black tar to send me running, and apparently Halo 3 is better titled Night of the Dark Corridor 3: Evil Darkess.

Not that it really matters though; Nintendo fans are casual gamers who like easy colourful childish games that bring back memories of their easy colourful childhood, and I still get to experience the heartbreaking stories that are told in very personal way on Sony consoles. We all have our preferances, but I'd much rather buy stuff made by creative minds. I don't know, maybe I just don't spend my money on vending machines selling millk.

Thanks
    The thing is, [some] people hate nintendo because of the whole "oh great, ANOTHER mario game..." but the way i see it is that the characters are pretty much interchangeable. For example with mario galaxy, they could have easily created a new character for it and not called it a mario game, but mario sells. It would have been just as fun with any other character.

As for the whole rehashed games thing, they are never just 100% remakes of each other, every game has something new to it

Thanks
    But it's the same formula, with one new idea slapped on. It's like they just select from the drop down box and let it sell, like they have a list of ideas that runs down slowly, but keeps expanding just as slowly.