Who doesn't love Sky Pirates?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Who doesn't love Sky Pirates?

Long, long ago I created a pirate character (I was very obsessed with pirates at the time), and I did a sketch of her. Now, I decided to go back and paint the sketch, since I was without a scanner and lacking inspiration. However I desided that she really needed a change, and the picture was boring, so I thought I would bring her to a new world, and give the impression of sky pirate.
    I have been working on the piece for a while now, and have changed the background so many times I have lost count. I think I am finally happy with what I have come up with.
    I would love comments and critiques! Please point out anything wrong, or that just could be better!

And if anyone is interested, this is what she looked like much earlier on...

Thanks for looking!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i'm looking at her right arm (THE ONE TO OUR LEFT) and something's not working out there. I think you have a decision to make here- what exactly is that top doing to her breasts. On one hand it appears to be nearly correctly pushing them up (breast to OUR RIGHT), on the other it appears to be... umm.... i'm not sure.

a woman's breast is connected by a pectoral muscle, just like men have, and generally gravity does it's work from there. Her breast (on OUR LEFT) appears to BE her pectoral. women's breasts hang much lower than we're used to thinking of as our ideal, and I think that's due to such a large amount of silicon on TV.

In the case of this woman, lifting her arm as such, there is a connection of where the under side of her breast is. find that, find the pectoral, realize that YES her breast WILL be lifted, but not to that HIGH of a level and then if you can find a reference of someone without breast implants making that motion I think everything would make a lot more sense.

Thanks
    There is definately someting wrong with that arm.shoulder/breast...and I see what you mean about the breat being part of the pectoral muscel, and I'm going to work on that. I'm trying to find a good reference (I had a reference once, for the sketch, but that is long gone).

As for what the top is doing...in my experience as a girl tops like that tend to push up the breasts...and then they act as kind of a self. In such a way that the breast can, in theory, lift right out of it. So I guess I need to figure out how to portray that well...or change the garmet a little so it's more appealing.

Thanks
    looking good so far.
    I'd recheck the perpective on the wall/ruin behind her. iIt seems to be a bit bent.If it gets conusing drawing cracks in perspective, drawing an underlying grid structure first can help

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.