Artboycat hasn't posted in a couple of years

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Artboycat hasn't posted in a couple of years

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I just posted in the Finished section of the forums and completely made a spelling error on the title...Now I'm obsessing over it! Besides that, I am here to show off some of my latest work. Lately I've been working on a self-created comic book called Pre-Teen Drama. I just finished the pencils to issue #3 and I wanted to put them up here for the chance to network with fellow artists and promote my project....I guess I'll put up a little each day.

Thanks
    Ramon

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i don't feel the first image (cover?) is as strong as your paneling work. There's a lot of REALLY busy stuff going on up there, mostly attributed to hair. There's a place in the middle where there are three heads of really complex looking hair meeting in the same place.

i'm also not a huge fan of the over-simplified anime-esque drama panel of the guy's small genitals, but it does get your point across well and therefore I can only call that a matter of personal taste.

your paneling appears strong compositionally and to a dramatic level. Sometimes i'm a little confused, but I'm thinking that's due to the rough pencilling style you have. other than the small confusion the sequencing seems really good, actually.

So where to now? inking? coloring? i'm interested to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigleyer View Post
    i don't feel the first image (cover?) is as strong as your paneling work. There's a lot of REALLY busy stuff going on up there, mostly attributed to hair. There's a place in the middle where there are three heads of really complex looking hair meeting in the same place.

i'm also not a huge fan of the over-simplified anime-esque drama panel of the guy's small genitals, but it does get your point across well and therefore I can only call that a matter of personal taste.

your paneling appears strong compositionally and to a dramatic level. Sometimes i'm a little confused, but I'm thinking that's due to the rough pencilling style you have. other than the small confusion the sequencing seems really good, actually.

So where to now? inking? coloring? i'm interested to see more.
    hey thanks for the crit. My work does get too busy at times... its a fault that I try to hide under the guise of creativity but sometimes it just doesn't work...The page with the small genitals is probably my least favorite out of all of them...As of now I'm just posting up all of the pencils little by little...At some point I want to go back and color all the work I've done but thats a little further down the line...I think once I get to the coloring process I will edit certain panels and or pages to make the art more up to date with my present skills...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following