Minis Tirith
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Minis Tirith

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Minis Tirith

Hello. I just joined because I feel i need a lot of help in my artwork. I'm 16, if you're wondering. And I use Adobe CS. I'm also very nervous because I feel so small compared to all the great artists on here. *Sob*

I've never drawn landscapes/buildings so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings, because I thought it looked amazing in the films. I need to know, if it looks right - And what I can do to improve it before going on to try and refine it. I'll probabaly post updates as I develop it more, too. ^^

Edit; Yes, that tiny thing is going to be a man on a horse, it's just to get a feel of the size of this thing! And the title should be Minas, not Minis.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Elz; March 31st, 2008 at 06:39 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    before you try to define details with small brushes, make sure that your large shapes are clear, distinct, and well defined - in values, color, and in contour of the shapes. I see you are just using gray for Minas Tirith, and also quite alot in the surrounding mountains (I guess you haven't gotten to the fields yet), theres more colors there than that. Granted, one method of working on a painting which you might want to try is doing the entire thing in grayscale, and then color over top.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thankyou for the critique! I struggle a lot with colour, I don't know what to use and sometimes I'm not daring enough to use colours you wouldn't think to be there... I think I might try this with the greyscale technique. though, after doing the image in greyscale, how do you colour over it? Just a new layer and completely go over the grey? Sorry, I'm so new to this...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.