Sketchbook: Tasty Treats SB

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Tasty Treats SB

Tasty Treats SB

I'm 20 years old, attending Brigham Young University, Provo, and pursuing ambitions of one day becoming an in-house audio designer for videogames! Art and music has been paramount in my life since the beginning, and have found that all the arts work together and feed off each other. So I will use this thread to flesh out my visual art side, in the hopes of fleshing out my music. Critiques and any advise you throw my way will be greatly appreciated. So, let us sally-forth on this journey of visual art, music, and sound, partake of delectable desserts, and build relations with you, my peoples. Welp, here we go!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crimson13; March 31st, 2008 at 06:35 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member

First Batch of Cookies

I haul around a little sketchbook that I keep all of my ideas, and all other brain run-off, in for safe-keeping. Please jot down some crits before you leave!

You seem to have a decent grasp op proportions. You need to pay more attention to your construction. Try to get some good books on anatomy and perspective and study hard. Keep posting!

Hey,

Since I don't really know very much I can't crit. But I can still say that I think this is really good! You've made me want to start sketching regularly instead of just when I'm not paying attention in class.

-Greg

summore

The sun has finally come out! Woo!
    Nice weather and new sketches totally make finals more bareable! Here are some more sketches. Sorry for the bad scan but I have to use one at the library. I've been trying to get over the fear of the paper a little more, and I think I've really grown lately. Hurray!

Fantasyartist: I totally will get some good reference to do some studies. Thanks for the first post!

synth_cat: It's good to see you here, where's your sketch?

Here are a couple of scans I did between studying, here and there.
    I haven't done any painting since high-school, so I excited to try out the painter trial for a little while, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by crimson13; April 18th, 2008 at 09:01 PM.

Hah - kill the finals!

Anyway, still looks good! Just out of curiosity, do you have your own scanner?

Anyway, here's my new thread. I'm afraid most of that stuff is very old though.

4 more finals to go! Here's just a couple of quick sketches I did while picking at a bowl of golden puffs last night. I'm going to check out a few anatamy books as soon as my tests are over, for now I'm going to just look at stuff online.

Synth_cat: one of my roommates has a scanner that I used in despiration yesterday (she didn't seem to be too thrilled about letting me use it though). So I usually come down to the library.

Last edited by crimson13; April 18th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

I'm definatly not cool enouph yet to have my own scanner! ha! i have to make use of my school's computer labs for all my scanenation. it looks like your having fun with your sketch! i agree with the anatomy, that's something i think we'll all be fighting forever with haha! try and conciously stay out of the rut of straight on shots. perspective even in a just one tiny thing can make a figure so much more dinamic. This is fun stuff to look at, keep posting! Lots!

Hurray for fall!

Ok so summer's over, and I drew bunches. So I apologize for my lack of posts, and continued absence of any until I can make it to the library for a scanner. But they're on their way!

There's a lot of progression here. I've learned a lot, and gotten rid of some of that fear. Woo!
    Name:  Untitled1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  Untitled2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  Untitled3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  Untitled4.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  Untitled5.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  67.8 KB

here's more.

LOL the bengeseret Fear mantra! that's great! I've had teachers treaten that my mid term test was a box of pretend pain before. It looks like you're having tons of fun with these. I can really see some improvement! A big road block for you will be getting past the line art. We teach ourselves to draw lines, but really we SEE shapes of value, blocks of color. that's how we distingwish trees from peoples and all sorts of other cool stuff! try an excersise where you draw what you see not what you think. block in the shapes instead of figuring out the lines.

Keep this good stuff up and comming!

Members who have read this thread: 1