Sketchbook: Sketches

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketches

Last edited by nemai; January 14th, 2014 at 01:08 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Additional Early Sketches

Here are some early year sketches including old 3D work on a limited small program. Others include Vector work.

Attached Images Attached Images                                                    
    Last edited by nemai; April 7th, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3D Sketches

This sketch book has old stuff I created way back, architecture on an old and limited 3D program. Also here is my C4D progress, including my first human subject Rei, and my current work (amateur) on Sarah, and a one piece bathing suit.

Last edited by nemai; July 4th, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your art, just watch your porpotioning on the necks, some seem to be too long. But otherwise, great stuff!!

"Those of us who can't are put in charge of those of us who can." -Sgt. Max Klinger (M*A *S*H)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!! great stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, but I’m not worthy of the many talented artists here who put REAL effort into gaining professional skills, which because I am an amateur I must continue my study of basics.

I have written a science fiction novel about near future medical science, combined into an esoteric or theological hypothesis about the dark universe that existed before ours. It got good reviews from an editor, but for various reasons I decided not to publish conventionally. Also, I like giving rather than selling, so here it is for your on-line reading enjoyment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks For Input

Thanks for input. My goal is to stop doodling and really study human figures and professional rendering techniques. A common mistake for me is proportions, and I have to work hard to notice and correct flaws. Still I continue to enjoy practice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketches Update 2-2009

Some Updates with various designs from bathing suits and other sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thumbs up for your patience and productivity in your SB.
    The hands practice... man I think I would went insane when I should do this.
    Have you done them in one turn without break?

The "battleship-pencil" is the one I like most.
    Keep it up and again Thumbs up!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks

Thanks for feedback. Honestly if I were not so lazy I might actually make more noticeable works, but I tend to just like ideas rather than follow through illustration. I'm an airhead! I actually did the hand sketches pretty fast, but not all in one sitting. I just realized that if I want to make hands that don't look amateur I have to keep making them until I recognize the way. One thing I did was study artists I like, especially the schematics found in many Japanese animation books which show a front and back. Hands are so challenging for me I make a hobby out of drawing hands from anime magazines I buy regularly in my home town of Los Angeles, where downtown there is an area called Little Tokyo. I go there for sushi or soup, then the bookstore where I am illiterate (all Japanese), but I can't get enough. I'm just a fan of that particular mindset, but happily they don't mind and take US dollars. Then I like to go for a bike ride at the beach, followed by a coffee shop and doing art on my laptop, where I dream of running into some people with like interest and having a blast creating stuff together. One time I met two Japanese guys drawing serious battloids! But alas, they didn't want anything to do with me, so I sat there stunned, unable to believe they did not even want to share contact info, but I know there are all kinds of reasons... I still dream of it though, where friends can get together and enjoy creating cool stuff to share with people and get excited about. (Mind if I ramble?)
    You know an amazing thing was revealed to me, who am not anymore worthy than anyone else. Such a dream is not only possible but inevitable, for it was revealed to me that it is not bullshit as I once justifiably believed, but in fact the technology of everlasting life free of pain, depression, and other things that suck actually exists currently, and those (oh yes it is!) making the correct choices in regard to the world as their heart leads them shall come into it. You know what that means folks? That actually means in fact, not fantasy, there is a grand cool adventure that never ends in store for those who repent of the world (big clue here). Now for those not believing, of course they should not receive it, for if they believed they would forgo the rewards of this life so as to receive another, but before they see the proof they shall despise such words. For me, true or not the idea is worth shooting for, because if humanity makes a decision to eliminate all that sucketh from life, there is infinitely more chance it shall come to pass. Happily I have seen some things which make pretty clear the promise is just over the horizon, which means we don't have to wait several million years to develop the technology to eliminate all which is dissatisfaction in the human experience, but God has made it for us. So I say be glad, and wait with expectation, for he has said, behold, I make all things new. And, there are not eyes that have seen, nor ears that have heard, what he has in store for them that love him. (Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Jews.) In his name I have hope.
    While we wait I wrote a novel which is just a fantasy, but you may download it free. It's called Rainy City. The guy with the long black hair below is a main character in the story, Hue. He is a rebel hacker in a near future world. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The hand studies are seriously just insane. I want to do that myself! Do you feel any surer after doing these? I sure hope so!
    One crit I've got for you is that you tend to draw large foreheads, or as tyra banks says fiveheads. It may be the anime hair added on top, but some look really weird.

CHeers mate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah thanks for the comment about foreheads. I looked through my works and it does appear that I oversize foreheads and not in a good way, although some chicks really look hot... but thanks to your comment I will add it to me error checklist. Also what you said about the hand practice, yes indeed I do feel more confident. It really helps. In fact that, and just doing one simple practice copy while looking at a figure or element from an admired artist brings my drawing up another notch. Thanks! Also, do you have any comments about the bathing suit figure that I air brushed? I think it looks a little stiff, but I have all kinds of flaws, sometimes like the foreheads I don't even see it!

So because I make flaws I don't see (very challenging handicap!) but I strive even so, and have made this error checklist. Check it out:

DRAWING ERROR CHECKLIST

HEADS: TOO BIG TOO SMALL, NOT ENOUGH BACK HEAD, TOO MUCH FOREHEAD
    EYES: FLOATING, MISALIGNED, WRONG SIZE, NOT EXPRESSIVE, LINES TOO HARD
    EYE BROWS: MISALIGNED, NOT MATCHING, WEIRD EXPRESSION
    NOSE: RIGHT DIRECTION, MATCHES REST OF FACE, TOO MUCH LINES, LOOKS LIKE NOSE
    MOUTH: TOO BIG, UP TOO FAR, LOOKS LIKE MOUTH, TOO MANY LINES, ARTFUL
    FACE SHAPE: SEX EXPRESSIVE, TOO STATIC, LOOK OF FLESH, CHIN LOOKS COOL
    FACE EXPRESSION: RECOGNIZABLE, STATIC, FLAT, WEIRD, HUMAN EXPRESSIVE ENOUGH, TOO SERIOUS, LINES TO HARD, NOT ENOUGH FLEXING, BENDING, PULLING, SCRUNCHING
    EARS: TOO HIGH OR LOW, TOO COMPLEX, LOOKS CUTE

HAIR: HAS ARTFUL FLOW, LOOKS LIKE HAIR, HARD AREAS, UNARTFUL LINES, MOTION NEEDED, BALANCED ON BOTH SIDES, TOP AREA TOO BIG, NOT ENOUGH BACK HEAD, SHADING LOOKS LIKE HAIR

NECKS: TOO LONG OR SHORT, TOO THICK OR THIN, ALIGNED ON SHOULDER, LESS AT BASE, LINES TOO HARD

SHOULDERS: SEX EXPRESSIVE, MATCHING BOTH SIDES- SIZE AND SHAPE, TOO BIG OR SMALL, NOT EXPRESSIVE, TOO BIG FOR TORSO

BREASTS: ALIGNED, RIGHT SIZE FOR CHEST, EXPRESSIVE, SHAPE DEFINED,

CHEST: PROPORTIONED TO HEAD, EXPRESSIVE SHAPE, UNRECOGNIZABLE SHAPE, PROPER LINE ANGLES, PROPER TRANSITION, SEXUALLY EXPRESSIVE

WAIST: TOO THICK OR THIN, SEXUALLY EXPRESSIVE, FLESH DESCRIPTIVE, PLACED PROPERLY, FLOWING TRANSITION-LINES OVERLAPPING

HIPS: PROPORTION-SEXUALLY EXPRESSIVE, TOO THIN OR THICK, BIG OR SMALL, STATIC OR STIFF, FLESH DESCRIPTIVE, CENTER ALIGNED,

LEGS: TOO LONG/SHORT, THICK THIN, SEXUALLY EXPRESSIVE, RECOGNIZABLE POSE, KNEES CENTERED, KNEES MATCHING, NEED EXPRESSIVE EXAGGERATION, THIGHS SEXY-EXPRESSIVE, CALVES TOO SMALL OR BIG FOR CHARACTER, FLESH DESCRIPTIVE, SHINS TOO THICK OR THIN-MATCHING BOTH SIDES, ANKLES MATCHING, FLESH DESCRIPTIVE, PROPER PROPORTION, FIGURE RESTING PROPERLY OR TIPPING OVER, AWKWARD OR UNRECOGNIZABLE LEGS, FLAT OR UNEXPRESSIVE, LOOKS LIKE LEGS,

FEET: POSE DESCRIPTIVE, LOOK LIKE FEET OR NOT, ATTACHED TO GROUND-EXAGGERATE WHATEVER NEEDED, IS FIGURE WEIGHT BALANCED ON FEET, FIGURE TIPPING OVER, FEET ANGLE AWKWARD OR FULLY RECOGNIZABLE, SHAPE CLEARLY DEFINED, LOOKS LIKE WEIGHT IS ON THEM

POSE: IS POSE WEIRD OR UNRECOGNIZABLE, POSE FLAT OR NOT EXPRESSIVE (STIFF), ARE CARTOON LINES PROPERLY EXAGGERATED TO ACCENTUATE PROPORTION, ARE THERE TOO MANY LINES, ARE SHAPES CLEARLY DEFINED FOR EACH AREA, DO YOU HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT ONE AREA-THINK OF ALTERNATIVE

Also because of this handicap, I have used Freehand (Illustrator) vector program to continue to refine things because I cannot see them until later on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Aerobics Space Scene manga

This is a vector art of a color manga in progress. Please feel free to comment!

Last edited by nemai; December 15th, 2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Update Picture

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your suit and mechanical designs. However, I think it's time for you to do some more studies and life drawing when you get the chance.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gymnast Sarah Project

3D Gymnast Cinema 4D

Last edited by nemai; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3D Ship Concept Shape

Here is a shape sketch for a ship. I like the compact body design.

Last edited by nemai; July 19th, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.