Sketchbook: new - Page 7
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: new

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving the new chic! Great skin tones so far and I like the direction that the outfit is going. Rock on!! : )

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to se7en_ For This Useful Post:

cout<mecha is online now animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3 things

1)fix hair
    2)lose right arm and gun(erase)
    3)make pop with textured or lighter BG.

maybe her nose IS too big...

GREAT PEACE!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cout<mecha For This Useful Post:

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really digging the new chick. Nice expressive pose and skintones. Only thing that is feeling awkward is the face. Usually the eyes are on the middle of the head, but I think it is more that the distance from the eyebrows to top of the head is small, which is making the head look a bit awkward. Anyways, look forward on the progression of this one. Keep it up!

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maestro Andres For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The girl posted on May 31st is excellent. Wonderful composition, colours, and just the right amounts of every part included in the whole.

Keep it up, your style is really developing and yielding some really nice results when you push it hard enough!

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IanE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Man, you've been a busy bee!

Speaking of flies, that dragon fly was amazing! The colours and movement were spot on, sweet improvement there Also nice seeing you try out other stuff. When one's so used to drawing humans (especially hot females!), trying out animals and such is a great practice.

That last chick is coming together really nicely. I love her firm stance and sultry yet dangerous expression. Rendering pretty tight so far, looking forward to see her all finished! I must admit, though, that all that excess gadget you put on her in that last WIP does kinda seem unnecessary, I thought she was so elegant before. But obviously you're choice! I'm sure she'll be a badass no matter what Keep it up!

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AsaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Thanks for the nice comment in my book
    I like the last girls costume change, she's got more of a look now. But I think the guns in both hands is a smidge much.

Nice work and good progress

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Justice Von Brandt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great progress! You've got such sexy girls in this sketchbook. Looking forward to the completion of the latest one

SSG Buddies
    Eerin | Hapun | Eromenos

Blog

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eerin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is for a graffiti artist named OG Able - it is his graffiti and it rocks!! - Not finished with girl at all but very excited to get his art in - this is on a huge wall in LA, LA Land.
    Crits on girl = KEEP EM' COMING!! I need to move her eye and add her other arm-
    Will write later and thank everyone, You have helped me sooooo much and not I need you more than ever!! HELP!! So excited.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the other hand will have a spray can also sorry so large!
    Jailhouse Rock = fixed the nose and belt, LOL!!
    Qitsune - got rid of the garb!! So right chickie and thanks!!!
    Angry Filipino = Pat the butt dude!
    Se7en, my love!! thanks for your comments and support and the skull bandana idea!! Dude I am in love with you! but you know it!!! xoxo oops wrong forum ek.!?!
    Cout Mecca = I am fixing the problem arm and adding a spray can too, no loosie, fixed the nose and correct, Thanks always!!
    Maestro Andres = Yes you are so right the eye is so far away and grew the forehead too! thanks, good eye dude!
    Ian E = Thank you for May 31st comment!! I am always trying to push it as we all are... saw your SB and your doing some cool things and thanks again!! K
    AsaB = I just think your the bommy bomb!! Thanks for the dragonfly comment - I love them and will paint some mice next!! two white and one black, some of my pets - they will never sit still so have to get a ref...
    MnM = thanks and lost clothes again and am loosing the other gun for a spray can =
    Eerin = thanks, sexy, is good, I am a robot and will complete v e r y s o o n b e e p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kelly, thanks for bumping my SB

You asked for some crits so here it goes! I think you're making a good job here overall, she's definitely looking sexy! Your biggest problem right now is that the perspective/plane of the floor doesn't match the girl's so girl and background are not interacting too well at the moment.

Also, you may be making your shadows a bit too gray/black which makes some parts look muddy/dirty. Try to throw a bit more saturation there. Probably some of the highlights could use a bit more color variation too.

Last, I think you should add some highlights or try to give more volume somehow to the scarf on her face, now it gets confused with her hair... Maybe adding some small folds to it would help to make its shape read better too.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now... I hope it helps! You're making a terrific job in this one, I especially like how you did her hair

Cheers girl!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to entdroid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thank you for all the nice comments
    I cant really look at your sketchbook fully cuz theres alot of erm.... you know lol and if my mum sees she gonne be like WTF!!!!!!! ahhhhh lol
    But from what i can see your super good and your painting style looks sweet too
    I like the nick name
    Keep it up!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nibras For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sweet sketchbook and nice sketches
    I did a small paintover to show what the bones of this chick looks like then kinda where I think she should be or.. something i guess Just showing you what I see I guess, Shes pretty tall and her head is small... that could make her look tall also uum also her butt is kinda verticaly flat but i guess some girls are like that hehe her back is the thing that looks most funkey about it I guess. so heres my paintover
    Sorry for the quallity, I had to go eat dinner hehehe.

Conceptart Sketchbook.
    Here.......

CGtalk profile
    Here.

cout<mecha is online now animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh no her face! Kelly I was just kidding about her nose. Now no nose! I really didn't see anything wrong with her looks, but TWO guns?! Why the change?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cout<mecha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there !!! first time i see that sb, plenty of sexy curves , really nice colors too. you work well from life/ref whatever. Id like to see some pencil or sketches too ! Keep it up, and get stars

25. The Following User Says Thank You to VirgL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kelly X. WHat a hot SB! Your girls are getting better and better every update. And from what I can see, you have a great attitude towards critiques and suggestions from other members, and that is the path to progress. Keep it up. Maybe do some life drawings if you get the chance, even gesture work. Hope to see more!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Johann de Venecia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi kelly! very nice stuff
    crit on the girl? umm the mask on her face looks flat, the right foot/ankle is twisted in an unnatural fashion also the background doesn't go along with the lady (different perspectives?)

keep it up

29. The Following User Says Thank You to xinranliu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    entdroid = Thanks so much this helped = no one wants all of the mud!! Helped a lot on background too. Thank you for taking the time to help!!
    lilnebo = Your a funny one, just tell your mamma to go to a Museum someday and she will have a heart attack with all the nudie cutie's LOLOLOL!!!
    CUBICcube = thank you for taking the time to paint over, the bones are really helpful. I like this kind of paint over it does not mess with an artists concept or design, just helps to see!!! And animation to boot! Wow.
    cout<mecha = Yes, changing so much still - Stay with me even more changes to come.
    WhiteC = Thanks so much and stars? I'm on a new kick of blocking and not sketching - but, yes, much needed always!! Will do & thanks for reminding me.
    lukavi = Thank you sooo much! I am so inspired to do gesture work! Yes, life drawing, In need of life drawing and have missed it all summer basically, back to the four hour sessions just down the street Your style rocks dude!
    derriere = Yes you are right and still working on this mess - some things have no debt at all still on this piece, I am verrrrry slow sometimes and thanks.

No post update here because painted for three hours and forgot to save any of the work to high rez! Only a j-peg very small then to revert ? do you want to save changes to file and I hit NO!!!!! So Fu_king bummed out!!! Did I mention so very bummed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Note to self, never forget to SAVE the real file!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ello there - been a while, so thought I'd drop by again.... lookin good this!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to gibb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Gibb! So nice to see your little stogy smok'in baby face!
    Here's a eye close-up for you....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your babes continue to sizzle.....
    i like the skull jaw print on her bandana.
    nice touch..

p.s. I wanted to pat her butt but changed my mind..
    she's holding a gun for crying out loud...

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

35. The Following User Says Thank You to the ANGRY filipino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh Kelly I totally feel your pain with the file saving issue. It took me a loooot of hard learned lessons, but now I got used to hitting Ctrl+S like every five seconds

The girl's coming along great! She has a badass attitude The backround and scarf are working so much better now, I'm really happy you found my comments helpful.

As for crits this time, since you've darkened the bottom of the pic so much you may want to darken her legs a bit in that area too (not too much tho!) and I think her spray can is in the wrong angle, which makes it look a bit flat... sort of like she's holding a paper cutout of a can and not a real one, ya know?

Other than that I get the feeling that she's almost there! Great advance on this pic, it's coming along really really great

Cheers girl!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to entdroid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey kelly,

awesome work here! i love the writer chick, coooooooooool! maybe you can post some pencil sketches. rock on!

cheers lateman

Searching for female mentor! ... will pay with love.

Website COMING SOON!

NEW Sketchbook

Gallery

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Lateman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, The Angry Filipino = cool, thanks and never approach a chick with a gun, ever!!
    entdroid
    Shamelessly self-proclaimed Queen of Vectors! = Thanks so much for the help, totally helped me out and when I re,re-do her I will do the can for sure, very flat indeed, but I made it myself (the spray can has tags on it, I will post it, when I fix the shading) Did I say thanks thanks thanks!!! C+s = suck it by the way.
    Lateman = glad you love her awesome! I don't really sketch I block in color from the middle out - but if I do I'll send you some scribbles -- usually scribble over a painting in the end, but can't see form in a sketch, something wrong with my liner brain. Only blobs of shape. I have some old ones and you can see that I suck at it, have a good laugh!! LOL quick sketch from a movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow nice updates, really love her face! Thanks for stopping by my SB!

"From here to the ears and eyes of the 'verse!"
    "There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer, the wills, the won'ts, and the can'ts. The wills accomplish everything, the won'ts oppose everything, and the can'ts won't try anything." - Vincent; The Black Hole
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

42. The Following User Says Thank You to AA-ron For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    finished for now - maybe just a few more touch ups like the calves), I hope -- what does anyone think???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE!
    ( pats her butt and runs for cover!)

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

45. The Following User Says Thank You to the ANGRY filipino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey kelly!

thanks for stopin' by! the image looks realy cool! like the theme you choose maybe you could add a shadow on the wall, just a siluette. you doin' fine!

rock on!
    cheers lateman

Searching for female mentor! ... will pay with love.

Website COMING SOON!

NEW Sketchbook

Gallery

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Lateman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kelly, loving the latest piece, tis sweet! I agree with lateman, a shadow on the wall would make a nice finishing touch. I think her face...scarfy...thing...what's it called again? Anyhew, it looks proper class, great job on that. Also, want to say thanks again for encouraging me to paint 'block style', my work is turning out a lot better this way, however i'm still finding it well tricky to create successful images from imagination.

I'm looking forward to your next piece

Thanks

Sky

49. The Following User Says Thank You to StolenSky For This Useful Post:

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly x View Post
    my57= your correct tried to fix and thanks dude! cool circle
    cout,mecca = thanks.
    torstan= took her face off and still having a b of a time with it this angle sucks the b!!
    bakatron = re-moved the logo good call!!
    kidult = I get it your a kid and an adult?? your sketch book is the bomb dude!! "did I draw her ass too big" LOL...

Just playing with gear and still trying to fix the mess I've begun!!!
    lol yaaa im good at making circles with a mouse xD

i like your last image with the girl, but i think you should skim off a little under her breast. To much is showing.

Last edited by My57; September 2nd, 2008 at 08:51 PM.
    My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

51. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Angry P = Just saw some amazing updates on your SB!! And thanks for the support - patting may be a danger = run man run!!
    Lateman = Thanks and a shadow is up to Se7en it is now his project, this is a joint effort but I will tell him and he will do what you say... hee hee glad you likie!!
    StolenSky = Thanks and so glad you are working like this now I looked and things are hopping there!!!
    My57 = your shaky hand and keen eyes helped a lot - Thank you!

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11