Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: new

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 775 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kelly, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook; I totally appreciate it

You have some really great stuff in here; I see you really like pin-ups and they're coming along really well. The girl with gun from the previous page, that one I'd seen in the sexy thread and the first couple of times I just scrolled past it thinking it was a photograph. Then the last time I was browsing through I noticed the painterly shadow on her left (our right) leg, and I couldn't believe it I also really adore the bg you added for that one. It's interesting without distracting from the girl.

The last girl and gun img you've posted, from post 88, is coming along superbly as well I see. Some of your faces seem to come off a little flat, especially in the paintings on the first page, so what I find particularly striking about this img is how rounded and full of volume her face appears from the sublte shadows on the right. I also love the hair, the hands, and the foreshortening on the left (our right) arm. Basically everything that you've developed in it thus far

Anyway great job and keep up the good work!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dierat For This Useful Post:

ElDiabolito is offline I lurk in the space between threads... Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sweet masuimi!

hey great work! actually i'm going to see masuimi max tonight in LA...she's doin' a burlesque show out here. should be pretty rockin' indeed! keep up the good work!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ElDiabolito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following

A nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live here! :yum:

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiabolito View Post
    hey great work! actually i'm going to see masuimi max tonight in LA...she's doin' a burlesque show out here. should be pretty rockin' indeed! keep up the good work!

She is the only one for me!!! So cool!!! And say hi from Kelly for sure -

dierat= So glad to see you here you totally rock! Adn thank you for the kind words in my SB --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hay kelly
    great stuff going on here,

really liked to see the progress on that last one [and all of them], it seems to be going really well,

keep up the good work we'll be watching..

matt

:
    In the absence of light, dark will prevail.

see my NEW sketchbook[UPDATED] http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=123027
    Trained by...
    http://www.thedrawingstudio.co.nz/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jail_house_rock== Matt !! Where're you been!! Just taking a day off for the 4th -- even though I worked all day - Now I'm going to go throw some darts!! Thanks for the compliments about this piece... long way to go but almost home.
    Kelly

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like how you draw hair man, really nice. Better then what i can do. Then again i dont have a tablet for photoshop and im horrible at painting xD sticking to good old pencil until i learn how to paint better. Or at least get a tablet (used to but pen broke and i haven't had any practice with it since then)

well, your really good at drawing boobies. And that is always a must xD and your last image, i really like the face, but its wayyyy to big for the body, shrink it man, looks like a bobble head doll.

one more thing. I like her face, buuuut its a tad stylized but by the way you draw im guessing you like that style? dont stop it though its good. But if you want realism, the nose is often the width of the eye, the mouth is also a length of a eye going down from the (i dont know the name... its above the lip and below the nose, that little nib thing that everyone has xD) to the bottom of the lip. And the chin is also a eye length away from the bottom of the lip.

anyways explaining it isn't that good. I could give you a name of a book thats pretty helpful for face anatomy, i think i got it for 17 canadian (im canadian eh)

I really like your drawings, and your drawings of boobies keep it up like those boobs ^_^

PS: did i mention i like boobs? lol im just bored now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My57 = Post some work so I can see these mad skills you speak of... What-ever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

gunner gal -

Any crits welcome please - this is a painting for a book on New/Old movie posters/Pulp style girls by: Se7en & kelly x -- graphics//design by Se7en -
    This is my second finished piece for the project. Crits crucial rip away - still working on fingers but having a really hard time.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your final result is really nice, like with all your pictures actually. However, i feel that at sometimes you should pay a bit more attention to the anatomy overall. Stuff might look good on pictures, but still can be weirdlooking. Like your last Masuimi picture... i KNOW she has a neck, but it's kinda lost. I also question the position of the fingers a bit, doesn't feel 'natural' when i imitate that pose. You're very good at getting the colors right though, looks very photoreal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookiedough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook , alot of nice girl paintings. The last one looks awesome but i think it would look even better when the dress was black like in one of your earlier wips.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven1991 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Cookie dough - Always makes me hungry! Thanks and I am not yet good enough to get away from the ref - but in the ref there is not a neck at all she is hunching her shoulders -- I tried to ad one st the start and did not work -- but I agree with you on the fingers they are odd and I am so bad at these finger things but will try and keep trying... Thanks so much and I agree that lot's of ref photos are wack to say the least!!
    Thanks Sky eagle - I want black too but this has to be pink for the other artist... the back ground he is doing is mainly black. Thanks for the compliments on my sk-book!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey kellyX!
    Thanks for dropping by my SB.
    I am awed by that last update.
    hopefully if I stick around in your SB long enough,
    I will understand the way of the the boobies!

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow sexy jobs i like your last post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Destinyapocalypse == Thanks and sexy=good!!
    Mr. Angry Philipino == Thanks too and the way of the boobies is Now!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Kelly! Nice to see another fan of the pin-up I like where the last one is going, you took out the hair tuft over her chest and that was really distracting me before, now the pose seems to be focusing more on her expression, which is nice. Keep it up!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jska For This Useful Post:

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love seeing you experiment. I mean the hot babes are great don't get me wrong.

the easy trap to fallinto with Painter (either version) is getting distracted by so many brushes and choices that you make a mess. I do it all the time. you are better of if you self retstrict to 2 or 3 brushes
    and then change them . but its like when you first discvoer tht there are nifty fonts, and you want to use them all, and you put a zillion fonts in on document. it won't hang together. each font individuall ( or brush if you are following my comparison) is really cool but putting them together in a logical fashion is how you end up with art work.

thansk for stoppin by my SB
    hugz

roxie

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

23. The Following User Says Thank You to chaosrocks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kelly thanks for stopping by my Sketchbook (like 2 months ago) nice work on paints, The last one has an amazing level of photo realism, the hair looks great the only thing that might be off, is the way her nose joins her brow, the shading seems off a little but nothing big keep working and Ill be updating alot for the next few months.
    -jedininja

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jedininjaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Getting in Trouble

rough new one ... no boobies here!

cout<mecha is offline animation.visualization.c ollaboration Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seem to be playing it safe with this one. I think the skirt is working opposite to your plans of purity for this particular character. How about keeping what you were doing with the figures and trying a more chaste type of attire with the theme?

Also your paint buildup is freckling a bit. Don't forget your line of action. Keep working.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cout<mecha For This Useful Post:

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly x View Post
    My57 = Post some work so I can see these mad skills you speak of... What-ever.
    got no scanner, cant show of these mad skills that i didn't speak of. I just said that your faces look stylized. Besides that your waaaay better then me at drawing faces xD the hair is sooo nice xD i really wish i had a tablet to try it xD cant do that crap with just pencil... i wonder if i could find a tool for drawing hair like that with a pencil...that would be amazing!!!

im not the greatest at drawing, 16 and my skills match that of...i dunno... like 2 steps below Milles (he's 15) or w/e his name is xD im soo jealous i only started getting serious this year xD

anyways i really like your faces, i gotta keep on practicing before i can match that in some sort of drawing match to the death or w.e xD

btw pleeeeeease show me some sort of tutorial on how to make hair like that xD

btw btw, i like the eyes on the blond girl, really nice. And the gun is also good.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills xD

^ my sig from now on xD^

Last edited by My57; July 11th, 2008 at 05:39 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, I approve. I like how you either took out or didn't use outlining, it provides a classic look to the image with a kind of new look to it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Akselleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are awesome, i love the poses as well. Exciting!
    I'm gonna keep watching.

Sky

34. The Following User Says Thank You to StolenSky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jska = thanks, Ha ha!
    chaosrocks = Thank you so much for the imput and valid points!! Paint brushes can become very exciting and also take away from the art...
    jedininjaman = Hey dude! thanks and I'll look at this... I'll visit you again soon too!!
    cout<mecha = Dude! I would never forget my line of action and this nun needs more clothes -- just a weird study - not for real!
    My57 = I know you have some mad skills now let's see some action!!
    Akselleaf = thanks so much!!
    StolenSky = wrote a shit ton in your sketch book, read it...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bah, im not that good. I still need to practice. Devoting my self to drawing for my summer so i can be good at it. 2 months should give me improvement.

You should make a tutorial on how you paint, it looks so real the way you shade and i still like how you paint hair as well. My hair looks pretty crazy though xD i kinda adapt the style from anime, like all crazy but not crazy enough to not be plausible for reality.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My57 xD = Hair I do is simple and the reason it looks good is the fact that it is very simple - I will do a part by part series it will take a little time to put together but I would like to teach four hair colors to you. But, first you have to scan at least one thing and show me. Just kidding!
    First lesson: Jet black hair = pure black just blocked into the shape you want the hair to look like, the full head blocked in, takes about three -five minutes.
    Then regard the light and where the highlights would be. Use the pencil brush, (or a really sharp real pencil, in your case) Dark brown, make some Med size strokes where the light would hit -- and then med brown shade make smaller strokes inside the dark brown -- then an almost light brown beige color and just a few small highlights where the strongest light hits and this makes the highlight glow. I will draw this for you later as a sample.
    You can do this with color pencils to try.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

jet black hair

The first is jet black w/blue tones
    The second is jet black w/warm tones
    Make the ground total black add the black wisps to make it flow -- then start with dark to lightest of the highlight colors and long strokes to almost chicken scratches to finish with the brightest highlights. Don't forget to follow where the light would hit.
    I will do blond another day... a little harder.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to kelly x For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Vengence Max

started new one -- trying block in technique, no sketch - any crits...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well.It's very creative and of personality. Hope to see more from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both the babes with gun cameout very nicely.The foreshorting of the hand looks very good.like to see more!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to kamal_anjelo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa, Kelly, hot new work! I hope you'll finish the latest, it seems like it'll be a dynamic piece, amazing lighting. So have you abandoned the nun chick or are you a multi-tasker like me?

Thanks for the hair tips too, always nice to get some insight into an artist's workflow. Keep up the sweet work!

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

46. The Following User Says Thank You to AsaB For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11