school work for tomrrow,plz give me some crits

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

school work for tomrrow,plz give me some crits

this piece for my school work, 1st year year in uk college,(basically im 16)
    it is very stylised, so try not to look too much at anatomy but the concept of it.

well all crits are very welcome.

thnx

Attached Images Attached Images  
    'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know that this is NOT a politically forum in any case, but I can not understand ur caricature's message right.
    U painted those dictators very well,but I don't think that Hussein is addicted to blood as Bush is addicted to the oil industry. Saddam was just dependent to force,as well as bush.Acutally it gives me the wrong message, that saddam sells his oil for blood.Bush looks better,because saddam is linked to blood,he is just linked to oil.they are both monsters,which brought death and anhilation to humanity,bush has just better media position and better army.

I would let them fight against each other for this cup of oil,wading knee-deep in bloody guts and gore,so that u can see,that they are on exactly the same level.CIA,come check my IP and go put me to guantanamo,but i won't shut my mouth.

btw i'm happy to see political art in here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    instead of the cups, you should have Sadaam wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm with stoopid!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ...and not a single comment on the actual artwork.

I get that this is stylized and all, but the lack of anatomy knowledge is showing right through. Even the most exaggerated figures show some knowledge of form by a trained artist. Recommend you practice figure drawing, especially before you try a stylized approach (basically the same advice given to someone who starts drawing, say, manga before anything else). The arms are a bit of a mess here, one of Bush's is longer than the other.
    Try to work on defining the faces through their form, not by drawing lines all over them. I gathered that the one on the right was Bush simply because it's oh-so-popular to do this kind of political imagery nowadays, but I honestly could've mistaken that for Clinton. Look at a picture of the man, figure out his defining features. Same with Saddam.
    Background's too busy as well, distracts from the picture. You might also get a more appealing picture if you tried drawing the flags instead of pasting them.
    The mugs: On a cylindrical object at that angle, the ellipse on top is narrower than the one on the bottom. i.e., the bottom of the mugs need to be more rounded than the openings.

On the upside, you started to get a good feel for the color in the faces, and I'd really recommend trying to develop that to show the forms on the faces, instead of the lines.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow thank you all for your comments, lots of great ideas. and i know my anatomy sucks, im still learning.
    however unfortuanetly i cant make any major changes to this because the deadline is tomorrow. however i will consider all that you have told me in my future work.

'Education is our passport to the future,
    for the future belongs to the people who prepare for it today.'
    Malcom X

God is love.

Sketchbook

BLOG

Looking for work

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.