Art: Disco Inferno
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Disco Inferno

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Disco Inferno

This illustration came about in an unexpected way. I've been experimenting with a ZBrush, After Effects, and Photoshop work flow for a while now and this is a direct result of that. The image reminds a little of those old psychedelic posters and album covers from the 70's, hence the goofy image title.

As far as the work flow goes, it starts off with a generic model which is posed in Poser and then brought into ZBrush. The model was rendered through several passes in ZB and exported along with a depth map which I imported into After Effects. In AE, I used Taron's ZBornToy plugin to create a clean render which I used as the foundation to work on. All the renders were then brought into Photoshop for compositing. The majority of the lighting and fractal effects where created using generic textures and photographs through layer effects in PS. All in all, the image took about 9 hours to complete.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grrrrreat work. I'm not a fan of Poser but the result this time is fantastic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this a kind of photomanipulation? I'm not used to the procedure you've mentioned above, but the final result here is really breathtaking!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ramitxon: Thank you. Im with you on the poser comment... I think a majority of the art that comes out of it isnt worked as much much as it could be. The models in poser arent bad, but they arent great either. They do however give you a foundation to work on though, and I think if you really take the time to learn the software and techniques, theres room for lots of possibilities. Thnanks again.

rinaswan: Its more compositing than anything else. I do have to create multiple renders with different materials and several maps to use in After Effects for my base render so it is a mixture of 3D and photo manip. All of what you see in terms of photo usage is actually just textures and fractal rendering which where edited in photoshop with layer property tricks. Thank you for the compliment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing work. i like it p

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.