Art: Help with composition basics. (and some colour theory throwin in there too)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Help with composition basics. (and some colour theory throwin in there too)

If this is in the wrong section please forgive me.

Hey everyone I need your help. I am a intermediate artist, who is just now starting to gain my own style. Which kinda puts me in a hard postition, I don't know where to take my art now....But thats a whole other story and something I'll learn as I progress through school. I'll get to the point here. I'm focusing less on practicing making my art look like my own now, as thats just coming naturally (finally) but nows the time to focus more on technical things as my art is very limited my my skill. I have ideas i just dont have the skill yet to put them on paper the way i like (just need to get better at things like fore-shortining perspective, Im not bad at them i jus need to practice them more.) but anywho. I'm really focusing on technical skills now as thats what i feel is really bringing my art down. This thread shall be about the basic and/or advanced principles of composition. The only 2 rules I know is 1. Create a point of interest. (A little more explanation on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.....) and 2. Have objects flow into not out of the frame. Also If you can give me some tips on creating harmony with color and some color theory tips. I would appreciate that aswell. Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have a look around the forum just search for composition and you will find tons of threads talking about it. i think thats why you havent recived any replys because people dont like repeating themselfs.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ht=composition

theres one very advanced thread would recomend reader can be a bit mind boggoling though lol.x

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.