Art: Chronological Clay updated with PREDATOR first paint layer
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Doggy is offline Doin´it for fun, hoping to get better... Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chronological Clay updated with PREDATOR first paint layer

Ehhh, ok, so i´ve just realized the stupidity of posting every project as a new thread, and i kinda thougt i´d start over (hope that´s ok moderators). I´ll start with the oldest sculpt i have and hopefully you guys see some progress, and in the future i´ll post all my stuff here.

Here goes:
    1 really old orc...
    2 my first attempt att making a likness, and it´s supposed to be Darkness
    3 second attempt: Jason
    4 Predator
    5 Hellboy

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Doggy; February 14th, 2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see some definate improvment with the hellll boy model. Im still seeing some problems with praportion though mostly visible with in the wrist, head and hand size.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Doggy is offline Doin´it for fun, hoping to get better... Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Robert, i know i have a long way to go and a lot of stuff to learn

So, here´s my latest experiment. It´s a goblin face intended to become a wall mount. I sculpted it over a lump of plaster to save sculpey and make it hollow.

Piranha Clan is offline Unscarred by trials...a new level... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The goblin face looks bad-ass so far.

Watch out for Piranhas

PIRANHA'S SKETCHBOOK

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Piranha Clan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow this looks amazing!! a big step up from you other sculpts, the expression is sweet too i cant wait to see when its finished!

Check the link below to view:

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...74#post1810174

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkmin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks you guys! I´ve been away for a while doing other stuff, so for now the goblin face is just... bright green=)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And if anyone is wondering what i´ve been doing instead of painting the goblin...
    I´ve been trying to learn how to make knife handles. It might not belong here, but it´s carved horn, so it´s allmost a sculpture

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have´nt posted anything for ages, but since i´m finally done with the goblin face, here´s the result.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Love this goblin!! I like the paint job, but I think the eye is a bit unreal. It's trully difficult to paint eyes Anyways, I've been looking the old posts and the improvement is evident. I see little incoherences on the proportions but, for example the Predator, has a great work on the details, and an awsome paintjob. Keep up this improvement!

BTW, I've got a question... I knew I could use aluminum foil to save sculpey, but... does plaster work well too? It can go into an oven, right?

- Martí

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nadarian For This Useful Post:

Bongsplat is offline Does what it say's on the tin! Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work,You can really see your improvement from your earlier stuff
    One thing that seems consistant is your excellent paint jobs, they have a very Proffesional look.
    I love the goblin, Very niceSome gloss lacquer on his teeth and eyes would really bring it to life.

Earhole Bongsplat

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongsplat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nadarian: Thanks a bunch for the kind words man! I had a lot of trouble with the right eye, since i did´nt have a clue where to go with it... And yes, plaster worked decently enough... The sculpey cracked a bit tough, and it was hell trying to get the sculpey to stick to the plaster.

Bongsplat: Thank you very much There is a little bit of glossy lacquer on his teeth eyes and lip, but it´s a shitty photo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Predators jaw/mouth seem too small/thin?? Hellboys left hand looks too large for the arm. And I hate to say it, but I liked the goblin face unpainted. Maybe a lighter green might have been better. Just my 2 cents....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick2k1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Patrick: Thanks for looking. Well, i strive to get better you know And i tried a brighter green on the goblin at first, but it just looked to damn cartoony...

Anyways, here´s what i´m working on now.

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm thoroughly enjoying this latest run of work. I can imagine an entire wall covered with your head designs.

This last one is a real beast. The extension of the gums and the separation from the top lip was a great choice. As for the skin texture, you've create a solid layer of rough skin that adds to the character of the piece.

Keep pushing this design. It's already on the way to be something display worthy!

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KU: Thanks a million! Words like that mean a lot coming from someone with your skills!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick progress report.

Bongsplat is offline Does what it say's on the tin! Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good,I love this new fella,great use of marbles? for his eyes.
    The design is solid,and the top teeth look really good pulled away like that,
    the only thing is to me his bottom jaw looks a bit to far away through my eyes.
    Maybe you could push the bottom set up so its just his tongue protruding from behind his top teeth?
    But thats just personal preference Should look very cool once painted.

Nice work

Earhole Bongsplat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks again Bongsplat
    Yup, the eyes are marbles. Regarding the mouth and how wide it is open, i have a plan to mount a light behind the sculpture, so there will (hopefully) be an eerie glow in his mouth. For that the mouth needs to be kinda big.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quickie update since i´ve began slobering paint on it. What do you guys think so far?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow that is good. You sculpted and painted it. Good on you for doing it all. It looks real devilish. the teeth look great. I think I had a third grade teacher that a lot like that. ...(Shudder)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to thatsmyboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wo!! I take back what I said about the bottom teeth..Looks Great!

Well Done on a grand job, the eyes turned out really nice, and the teeth and gums look great.

You really have done a splendid job of painting this fella. This in my opinion is your best work in your thread.( so far )

Earhole Bongsplat

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongsplat For This Useful Post:

KingUnicorn is offline Between the world of the seen and unseen... Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy Hell! Look what's happened on this thread! I missed the in-between stage between the top of the demon and the addition of the lower jaw, but the impact is all still there.

I agree with what Bongsplat said previously, but I see that has everything to do with the previous image being in-process. I too would be proven wrong for offering direction ahead of where you intended to go.

The coloring of the teeth looks terrific. And I'm digging those taste buds on the tongue. A great little accent that paid off.

If I could offer a small crit, it would be the horns in the forehead. They read a bit like sinister antenna versus demonic horns, but that's purely a personal take on what you've presented. It doesn't take away from what you've worked up here in any way. This is a beast you should be really proud of.

What's next?

~KU

... a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard again in that age of this world.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to KingUnicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks you guys! There´s still a couple of layers of paint to do on this guy, and i´m not completely happy with the gums. And there´s a background to do... and eventually i´m gonna dremel out parts of the throat and drill from the back of the piece to the eyes, and mount a lamp behind it. For now i´m gonna put it aside though, since i´m getting bored of it

KU: I see what you mean about the horns. I wanted it to look like they grew straight out of his skin, but some folds of skin where horn meets forehead would have made more sense... and perhaps a different colour on the horns.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks fer the comments man--- oh and could you please tell me how to give links to my sketchbook and my clay modelling thread under all my posts like you've done... and could you also check out my sketchbook-- i would really appreciate some crits and comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks Doggy
    i found the edit signature option in the user Cp--- so i've put links to my sketchbook and my clay modelling thread into my signature--- well do check out my sketchbook-- i am gonna be puttin in as much work into it as i can... please do crit.
    oh and i finally understand wat you guys meant when you said i could make my tools at home---i havr to admit i was a bit at sea after hearing that comment--- but now its clear--- a big thanks for showing me your improvised modelling tool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, next project.

I´m trying to make a female face, to witch i´m gonna add horns and possibly scales. The thing is, i can´t seem to make it look very female! Where am i going wrong you guys?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Doggy, hope you don't mind but I took one of your pics into photoshop to try and make some adjustments, I was finding it hard to explain fully.

This is just my 2 pence worth,so ignore me if I'm wrong.The main changes I made were around the eyes, lips and face shape.

For me the best thing would be to find a picture of a woman with strong facial features (Large lips,nice eyes etc) and perhaps work from that.

but trying to keep as much of the original sculpt as possible here is the result of my tom foolery Its very rough,Like I say I aint no pro,just me observations

Earhole Bongsplat

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongsplat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Doggy it's great to see what you've been upto.
    Having that demon head on my wall would creep me out!!

With your female, Bongsplats render is a great help. I'd say definatley slim down her nose then just becareful with hard edges, nice soft cheeks.

Put The Kettle On!
    My CA Thread:TM's Cave
    Visit Me:TeaMonsterUK.com
    Contact Me:info@teamonsteruk.com

39. The Following User Says Thank You to TeaMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bongsplat: Geez, thanks man! You realy made it easy for me to see what to do!

TeaMonster: Thanks for looking! I´ll definetly try my best to keep her nice and smooth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, Bongsplat nailed it. He's handed you the keys to the kingdom with this one, Doggy. All you have to do is wrap this piece up now!

The female form (head and all) is a very tricky subject. I think with the advice you've received already on this piece, you'll be able to pull it off without any trouble. And if all else fails, find yourself a picture of your favorite actress and riff on that for a while.

~KU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.