Applying To Ca Atelier

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Applying To Ca Atelier

Hi guys,
    I want to go to CA Atelier but have no idea about applications dates or when do the classes begin (I'm a graduated graphic designer from Colombia and have no idea about the dates for terms in the States). also I tried to contact Atelier by the e-mail they have in the info section but I haven't got a reply in 2 months.. so I was wondering if some knows a little bit about it. Maybe someone who is already studying there?
    Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I am not studying there but this is information from other (older) threads.

Application dates: It doesn't matter, they only have a restricted amount of space. Once someone leaves another one can be introduced. This depends on your portfolio and all that stuff, so you will have to send that if you want to have a chance to get accepted.

Classes: seem to be flowing. Meaning you start your classes when you arrive and participate until you leave.

If I remember correctly they are not an official college and can't or don't offer an degree. For a future employer or for your career as an independent concept artist, illustrator, fine artist (or combination of these) it most probably doesn't matter. Your work is what tends to get you jobs, not a piece of paper.

But it probably matters for your visa, or whatever you need to enter the USA. You probably can't get a student visa for the atelier.

Again: I have no real reference for this, it's all just collected from some older threads. You could try sending some private messages to students and ask them, they have a few threads that are drifting around here.

Last edited by _Mario; March 22nd, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks
    You generally won't get a reply unless you actually do the full application. There's only one guy who does all the application review and he's also the main teacher, so he's extremely busy and not the type to care about casual inquiries anyway. To show him you're serious and that it's worth his time to respond he's gotta see your application.

Mario's pretty much right (I went there). There are no terms or dates. They accept people as slots open, not at any particular date, and progression through the program is at an entirely individual rate. There's no certificate or degree - you "graduate" with portfolio pieces that are above and beyond what's needed to work in the field.

There are a few people at the school from outside the US. Not sure what they do for their visas, sorry I don't have any information to help you out with.

Submit an application, and then you'll hear back and can get your questions answered by someone more in the know than me.

Thanks
    Mario, Nonie: really big thanks for your help, I didn't know some of the things you said.
    I already applied to Atelier in January and didn't receive a reply, that's why I was kind of worried because i was expecting at least a "you suck don't waste our time" but now that you tell me that you get in when someone goes out I'm more hopeful about it, so from now on there's nothing more than wait.

the visa issue may be a problem.. I have my tourist visa and it would let me stay in the States for 6 months but no more.. and if they are not a "proper school" then the student visa may not be an option... well, I guess I'll worry about it if Atelier accept me.

Mario, Nonie, again, thanks for your help!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.