Long time lurker's first thread/post

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Long time lurker's first thread/post

Hey all, I joined this forum a while back, really enjoy looking at the work I've seen on here but never had the balls to post up some of my stuff, don't know why... Anyway, I'm a college graduate and would love to work as a concept artist in the games industry and as an illustrator but I've never actually sent my stuff to any companies. I finished this piece last night and I'm going to send it along with my portfolio to some companies like Wizards of the Coast etc. to try and get freelance work to start with. (fingers crossed).

Comments, constructive crits and any tips from professionals on breaking into the industry would be appreciated

Cheers guys

PS: I'm trying to make this image appear beside the thread title like all the other threads but can't figure it out. I've looked through FAQ, can someone tell me how? Thanks

Name:  Dragon_Compressed.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  47.8 KB

Last edited by Elwell; March 20th, 2008 at 12:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    watch the tangent with the horn on the right and his back foot, those kissing edges flatten out the space - and you really want to make it look like this guys got some depth to him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaune View Post

PS: I'm trying to make this image appear beside the thread title like all the other threads but can't figure it out. I've looked through FAQ, can someone tell me how? Thanks
    You need to add a small image as attachment in the first post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for comments so far.

SMVidaurri, think you're right bout the leg, it does flatten him a little, might fix that...

I'm new to posting images, having some difficulty attaching a thumbnail to the thread title, it's just coming up in text as you can see at the top of my post. I thought I had done what it said in FAQ but maybe I'm missing something (apart from a few braincells...) Any help appreciated, thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Fixed it for you. Just attach the image instead of hotlinking it and the thumbnail will generate automatically.
    As for the pic itself, the foreshortening is really awkward. His arms and fingers look extremely stumpy. It's not clear how they attach to his body, or how long his neck's supposed to be. As has been mentioned, the tangents the horns form with his back and rear leg are a problem. And the motion blur on the wings looks overly "digital" and out of place with the rendering style on the rest of the piece.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.