Sketchbook: Double-A's Sketchbook [updates: September 16th!] - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Double-A's Sketchbook [updates: September 16th!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply, Ill have to look into that technique. So far my luck has been with painting with normal brush/layer settings instead of using overlay or color layers.

"From here to the ears and eyes of the 'verse!"
    "There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer, the wills, the won'ts, and the can'ts. The wills accomplish everything, the won'ts oppose everything, and the can'ts won't try anything." - Vincent; The Black Hole
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finally Finished!!

It took me a number of hours today and over the past couple days, but I have finally completed my 4 Elements project. I had to use some reference images for the clouds, water droplet and fire just to get an idea of the flow and colors. I, personally, really like how it turned out. I believe this is my largerst digital painting/photoshop work to date.
    The project is a 2 sided image that is to be mailed to my professor, so the bottom image is the backside.
    -Fire was created in ArtRage 2 then imported for some tweaking and blending.

These are pretty grainy versions since the originals are 20"x12". I missed out tonight on getting them printed so I will probably do that tomarrow

Attached Images Attached Images    
    "There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer, the wills, the won'ts, and the can'ts. The wills accomplish everything, the won'ts oppose everything, and the can'ts won't try anything." - Vincent; The Black Hole
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was my older speedpaint; just a test to see how the embedding goes. Now that it works Ill will most likely be recording more of my projects and posting them this way (along with the image).

Edit: Sweet, got the embedding to work. Thanks Soja!

Last edited by AA-ron; April 15th, 2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Oops
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great updates! Nice work from the figure drawing class.

That four elements thing is interesting. I was just listening to Thrice's new album today and the releases are actually on 4 disks which are themed as the four elements, so I was thinking of doing something like that - and then I saw that your piece. Regarding how you did it though, I might have looked for a way to incorporate each image onto that "paper" surface other than just fading them on with blurry edges. Maybe you could have made them look like they were part of the drawing on the paper or maybe they are separate images/photos/drawings stitched down to the paper. Looks pretty cool anyway.

Do you use PC or Mac for photoshop and for screen recording? I'm trying to find a free screen recorder for Mac OSX.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New cocept for 3D!!

Crazy Pills- Thanks for the comments! I really enjoyed the figure class. I can sight porportions and give value semi accurately when Im doing life drawings, but with no reference it lacks quite a bit haha. I just need a lot more practice.
    -I like your ideas and suggestions for the 4 elements, especially the stitched idea. I might go back and create a stitched look, kind of like a quilt, but its a bit late (for the project and grade). Last night I had it printed and I cut them into four 10x6" pieces to attach to the illustration board and mailed them to my professor. Atleast I wont have to worry about getting it in on time anymore. I was rushed to finish the project but I think I will go back and toss around some of those ideas . Thanks for lookin!
    -For the screen recording; I use a PC with Camtasia screen recorder. Its a great program that will record your screen, window or a defined section. I did a bit of research and Camtasia is PC only, but there is iShowU which is bascially the same from what Ive read (never used it). After I record my session, I crush the time in Camtasia, After Effects or any other video editing app. Hope that helps some.

----
    I was messing around in Zbrush today and made what I thought was a good start to a character. I rendered out some sills and basic shaders to get an idea and to toss around in Photoshop. I plan on taking my concept pieces and making a finished 3D model of this character. Heres my result...
    C&C always welcome along with some ideas. Im iffy on the lower torso-leg area. Plus my weapon and feet designs are usually lacking so I will probably put some time into that.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I was looking around for free stuff and I found 2 programs for screen recording for Macs: IShowU (which you mentioned) and ScreenFlick. There was another but it sucked. I tried all 3. IShowU was good but in the free version the watermark that was embedded was much more annoying than the watermark on the free version of ScreenFlick.

Interesting silhouette and 3D model - curious to see where that goes.

Keep 'em coming.

Re the four element project: That's the sucky thing about art as education and as a career - due dates. Time cramps creativity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, from the looks of it, if you did like IShowU the full version was only $20 or something. Also depends on what youre doing; if you want to make a profession tutorial or just a small youtube-size speedpaint video.

I had some more ideas for the model but Im gearing it around a frail evil looking creature with over sized armour. Well see how it turns out and if it holds me attention haha.

Due dates do suck, but Im going into that field of study in the fall after I get my associates..so I should get used to it.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its coming along Aaron. Looking forward to see you get better and better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Updates-rr-good!

UCT- Thank you for the comment and for stopping by. Ill do my best to get better.

----

1. So far today has been pretty productive. Maybe its the warm 75 degree spring weather we're having here or something. Anywho, I did a bit of work on my 3D concept because Im not going to be able to work on it all weekend Ill at a rave in NYC
    At any rate, the head is not going to be the final head, I just tossed it in there to see how things were looking, which I might need to make the head port larger. I plan on adding more hoses and armour pieces but Ill try to stick to my sill. concept.

2. Thought Id toss up some of the watercolor pieces I had been practicing for the past few days. Ive only had one class so far..too bad Im not getting college credit for it. Bottom pic is my first experiment with speedball pen & ink. I kinda like it, especially the wicked fine nibs.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Slight update

Only was able to spend a bit of time on this guy before studying. Ill be posting this in the studies and WIP section to get a little bit of feedback on it.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Decided to take a short break from the alien spacesuit WIP and began another (hopefully shorter) WIP. This little guy is from the old 1979 movie, The Black Hole. His name is Vincent.

Having some isses with the base model that need to be resolved, but there will be a lot more detail added. I was anxious and bored so I did a quick-n-sloppy paint job.
    1. My 3D model of Vincent
    2. Reference from movie

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work on that ZBrush guy you've been working on! Keep going with it... it's really enjoyable to watch it take shape.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment Crazy Pills, I should have an update rather soon

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Do the worm! WIP

New update. Im not too sure why I felt so compelled to model this but it was pretty fun. I guess I wanted a good variety piece that was also organic for my portfolio. Still a WIP so Ill either make it a giant worm coming out of the ground around buildings, or Ill just put in some vegetation.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im testing out different ways to make grass stalks and leaves; heres what I have sculpted so far. I will most likely toss that greenery out completely and redo it along with more. Last pic is the retopoligized ground so I could get some better painting and sculpting details. C&C welcome and encouraged!

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After seeing Ironman twice, I had to do something 3d that involved mechanical/hardsurface stuff. I decided Id poke around with lighting since that area needs work. I got this "Cygnus" model (The Black Hole) off of the turbosquid website.
    C&C on lighting is welcome!

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dune!!!

I guess Im stuck in antique-movie-mode haha. My current WIP is the freggin awesome and gigantic sand/spice worm from the movie Dune
    I think I have like 5 WIPs going on now... I have problems actually finishing my projects haha. This I plan to finish however. Ill be setting up a sweet comp inside photoshop with this model, some sand dunes and probably a person in the foreground. Itll probably be reminiscent of a scene from the movie.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The modeling is coming out very nice. Good luck with the sand worm!

"It's worth the grief." - Greg Manchess

--SSG #46--
    Blaz | MarkWinters | petitemistress | sfa | Shmaba

SketchbookWebsiteBlog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work man, good 3d stuff. Glad to see you using the natural mediums, so many people jump straight to digital, but you can learn so much from real paint. Good work. =]

"Even a stopped clock, gets the right time twice a day."
    >>My Sketchbook<<
    >>My Homepage<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MarkWinters - Thanks, Im putting a lot of effort into it, hopefully itll look good.
    Hyptosis - Thank you for the comment and checkin out my SB. I agree about the mediums. I personally need to spent more time in the natural mediums area.

Slight update, more so spent my time fixing some of the base model's issues. I had to change the second inner mouth; completely got rid of it and built a seperate piece that should be better. I began experimenting with teeth...I think if all goes well this model will be gnarly haha.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey AA-ron,

Really liking the Zbrush work, thats an awesome worm!

Quinn

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Quinn Simoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by!!

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres a quick hand sketch I did tonight to get away from the sandworm. I do plan on taking this furthur and recreate a plaster sculpture I did 2 years ago. Ill post some pics when I can, for now heres the hand WIP.
    Is there such thing as too many WIPs?

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heres a bit of an update on the hand sculpt. Soon Ill be poseing it into the form of my original plaster sculpt.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Began poseing the hand into a fist...still a ton of tweaking to do, Im not too good at posing yet. But I am getting closer!

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another pose and experiment with lighting. Im trying to simulate the hand grasping on to a ball of light.

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think this one is finalized. I did some post work in photoshop, smoothed and shortened out the volumetric light beams along with putting in a background texture. C&C welcome!

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My entry for the 3dtotal speed sculpt challenge
    (sorry for the large size, too lazy to resize this late at night)

-----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah, lots of cool new stuff in here since the last time I checked in. The worms are wicked! I like the hands as well, but not really the clinched fist versions (I think it's because the way the fingers are folding). That speedsculpt looks great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Always good to have your input, Crazy Pills! Thanks for the comments on the worms, hand and speed sculp . I agree with the fist sculpt...I didnt like the the fingers were bending, so I kinda gave up on it. I might pick it up again soon.

Last edited by AA-ron; May 20th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.
    -----------
    www.youtube.com/algae998
    DeviantArt gallery
    Zbrush WIPs
    Sketchbook

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.