Bike Concept WIP

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bike Concept WIP

This is a concept I'm working on for my portfolio. The problem is, I'm a bit stumped about how to handle some of the details. For example;

-What should I do for the background? Leave it white, or make a lightly patterned backround?
    -Should I just resort to realistic lighting? I was going to just leave it painted somewhat realistically, but I gave some areas of the body a set light source for shadows to fall from for a more photorealistic look. Which direction should I go in. I do intend on making the gold piping more realistic though.
    -I'm not really looking to change the design of the bike, it's just I'm not really sure what mood I want the image to be in. Should it be dramatic, or more flatly colored?

What do you guys think?

(Sorry about posting in this section, I think this should go in the WIP section. If someone could move it, that would be great.)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Website...
    www.keithwhalenart.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I`m kind of confused which side is which... Maybe you should ask a couple of other questions firs like what time period/world is the bike from
    (is it some shiny sci-fi, or post apocalyptic or contemporary, some wierd fantasy etc) or, who`s going to ride it (is it a sportsbike, a cruiser, offroad)
    then do some research and base your design on that... then worry about rendering and backgrounds. If i had to answer your questions
    i`d go with a plain white background maybe add a rectangle filled with gray and render it as realistic as i can, not too dramatic and not too dull :]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattinian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ITS a Mc donalds bike!"!!!

ermn...it is, right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattinian View Post
    I`m kind of confused which side is which... Maybe you should ask a couple of other questions firs like what time period/world is the bike from
    (is it some shiny sci-fi, or post apocalyptic or contemporary, some wierd fantasy etc) or, who`s going to ride it (is it a sportsbike, a cruiser, offroad)
    then do some research and base your design on that... then worry about rendering and backgrounds. If i had to answer your questions
    i`d go with a plain white background maybe add a rectangle filled with gray and render it as realistic as i can, not too dramatic and not too dull :]

Thanks for the input! And I take the part about not being able to tell which side is the front as a compliment. That tells me if you saw this and had trouble understanding the shape, it's probably something you've never seen before, or at least too often. I would rather have someone confused about my design than for them to simply say that it looks good. If at least one person looks at the bike and scratches their head, that design is a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotet View Post
    ITS a Mc donalds bike!"!!!

ermn...it is, right?

Ha ha! I ran through all the things it could be construted as in my head, but McDonald's I missed. (I figured someone would call it a ketchup and mustard bike or an Iron Man bike).

I think what gives it that look right now is the gold pieces that look more plastic. As soon as I give them their proper sheen, I think the appearance will change a lot.

My Website...
    www.keithwhalenart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by keith_v View Post
    I think what gives it that look right now is the gold pieces that look more plastic. As soon as I give them their proper sheen, I think the appearance will change a lot.
    haha great, maby its turns into a iron man bike then, atleast thats alot better
    =P

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.