Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Desireing to improve (Need crit)

Thanks

Desireing to improve (Need crit)

A sketch based on the pictures in "anatomy for fantasy artists" by Glenn Fabry.
    picture used is shown at bottom left. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Basically ready to be slaughtered. More will come!:
    Last edited by phoenicorn; March 29th, 2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Second pic for sketch thread

From the same sourse as the previous pic (anatomy for fantasy artists). Please leave contsructive critisism.

Thanks

First sketch club drawing

My first sketch club drawing, and first live model. Please leave constructive Critisism. Thanks for viewing.

Thanks
    That first drawing is looking nice but the legs have very little definition to them. The second one looks very flat. You need more practice drawing and shading basic forms (cubes, cylinders, boxes)in perspective from diffrent angles. Once you have this down try breaking the figure down in these simple volumes and watch carefully how they fit one into the other. Remember that the figure is 3dimensional so each part need to clearly occupy it's own space. Also when drawing heads/faces, note that the eyes are in the center of the head. Keep up the hard work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree with fantasyartist, you need to push your values more. It's good that you are trying anatomy studies, it's the way to go, just make sure you also parctice pure value. As of right now you have mainly one or two values in your work, three is usualy considered the acceptable minimum, but the more the better. However, the only way to get better is to keep on drawing and keep on posting 'em here. (ok, you don't need to post them here to get better, but...)
    "INSERT CATCHY QUOTE HERE"

...I don't really know...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Augmenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks

need help with hands

My latest piece. From the same book mentioned before. I really need help with hands, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for looking. Hope to upload more soon. I will be studying hands so more than likely you will see some hands next.

Thanks
    Well, I can't really give you any tips on what books to look at, I never got around to finding any for myself. However, just remember the basic shapes that go into a hand. For instance, I generally think of the palm and back as a rectangle or square, and the fingers are just cylinders. Another smart option would be to study the bone structure, then use that knowledge to break it down into a simple line skeleton. Lastly, just keep drawing them, pick out places that you have trouble with and focus on them. Don't know if that helps, but I tried!
    "INSERT CATCHY QUOTE HERE"

...I don't really know...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Augmenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Messing with shading

Just me messing with multiple tone values. People kept saying I should study this so I did. The hands will be coming soon.
    Thanks for you time.

Thanks
    Great mate you obviously prepared to do some studies which is a good start i would suggest to learn about 1,2 and 3 point perspective and draw a bunch of boxes correctly and try and do like 5 mins at least before you go off and sketch anything else and keep doing that untill you are able to sketch a box in any rotation you want, i can telll from your drawings you need to learn and understand how create form on a 2d piece of paper and box is the best place to start.. keep it up!! also get your self an anatomy book and start learning the skeleton its really easy to tell an artist who doesn't understand the structure of what they are drawing and it makes everything so much easier once you know it.good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to aussiedeza For This Useful Post:

Thanks

25 march (tuseday sketch club meeting)

Hi, it's that time of the week, the time where I post todays sketch club drawing. I ran out of time on the clothing and i think the shading on the face could have been better. To be honest I dont think the hair went well either but it was an improvment on last weeks sketch. Any advice on technique or general improvments are always read and very much aprechated. thanks for the time.

Thanks
    very nice drawings, the only thing missing is more depth so i would recommend practicing a lot what Fantasyartist said.
    there´s also this book (Basic Figure Drawing) from Vilppu wich is every good to understand the volumes and how to construct the human figure, get it and do every exercise you see there, it has helped me a lot, and i´m not even finished with the whole book.
    keep up the good work.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Azalin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey, I just stumbled upon your sketchbook. Comparing the first post to the last post.. I definitely see improvement. Don't concern yourself so much with the shading and making the hair look real at this point. Just looking at the two Sketch Group portraits you did, it seems like you paid alot more attention to what you were seeing as far as the relationships & space between different parts of the face. The way we think things should be vs. how they appear is so different and as you continue with your drawing this will become more and more evident. One big thing that stood out for me was the placement of the eyes, portrait #2 was 10000x better. Just focus on your proportions.. No one's going to care if you render hair and skin with photo-quality if things are in the wrong place. Keep working, it looks like you're making great progress!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to amarryth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Self Portrait

Well heres an attempt at drawing myself. Ugly I know but still if you could hold your lunch down just long enough to leave some constructive critisism I would be greatful. Note this is also in the self portrait section. Thanks for the time

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast