P.O.W.! Challenge 6--Final Poll
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for one entrant only...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arttorney

5 31.25%
  • HughHarHar

1 6.25%
  • Melonby

5 31.25%
  • Zeitwolf

5 31.25%

Thread: P.O.W.! Challenge 6--Final Poll

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 6--Final Poll

Final Poll: P.O.W.! 6: "Ready"

We're back up to four entries, and one is a new entrant. Nice! Congratulations to everybody who fought their way through to the end. The voting will be open for roughly two weeks. Vote for one artist, and just to remind you--the theme is "Ready?" with that word embedded in the comic somewhere, with any interpretation you feel appropriate to your story. The art could have been either black and white or color, so don't let that sway your vote, and the stories do not have to be "complete" as such, though they should make sense to at least a degree that we can follow them.

Artists are posted in alphabetical order...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arttorney...

Attached Images Attached Images      
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HughHarHar...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Melonby...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zeitwolf...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gotta give it to Zeitwolf. The storytelling is clear, and the story radiates joy. And I like the part where the guys says "Yuss!".

Honorable mention to Melonby. It's pretty good, but it's hurt by some confusing layouts and word balloon placement.

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your artwork HugeHarHar, but I couldn't really figure out what was going to happen. If you put in a page showing the guy skateboarding off the roof of the shed, or something like that, you would probably win this round hands down.

Last edited by arttorney; March 17th, 2008 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arttorney- Thanks man. I agree that alittle more information is needed, but I guess that's just something to keep in mind for next time. By the way, have you ever looked into Franklin Booth? Your opening two pages remind me of his style, which is pen and ink imitating wood engravings. I think your panel could of been abit stronger if you would of kept the same style on the last page, keeping the figures simplistic, and the enviorment being the focus.

Melonby- Yours is by far the most complete of all of these plot wise. The city is well done and the flow of the panel is pretty easy to follow. Any plans to continue this little universe?

Zeitwolf- Pretty interesting idea you have. The first page is my favorite by far, it feels much more compelete then the rest of it, just visually. The plot is layed out pretty well, and the characters are pretty readable. The fact that the girl is nervous is obvious, but I think some variety in your panels could improve the panel. Maybe some more intense close ups, or maybe a wide shot of the entire lab.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Arttorney
    i really like the first two panels the landscape works off the western feel very well, and the undefined figures dont over power the frame

Hughharhar
    this builds up great suspense and i really want to know what happens on the next page but there isnt the next page and so instead of a climax, you get a little bit of a letdown.

Melonby
    im glad to see some variation with frame shape cause it really helps to express the pace and excitement of the story. Although I would deffinately say it works better in the third page than the second cause it the top half of the page isnt as dynamic as the second.

Zeitwolf
    it may just be the lack of contrasting elements but the second page seems a lot more empty than the first. Perhaps the addition of more background elements would help to fill it out. Other than that the emotional atmosphere is very well done, and the dialogue fits the characters and situation very well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How'd we do this? A three-way tie?!!

Congratulations everyone...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

P O W Challenge 6 Final Poll

Not one to bore but if the RFU would a bunch of upperclass dicks and had given the nod to broken time payment there would of been one code not two.

Members who have read this thread: 1