Enchanted Dragon
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Enchanted Dragon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Enchanted Dragon

Well, working in some new style of painting and wishing to improve on each drawing here is my new piece. Some feedback would be REALLY APPRECIATED

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thb, the dragon is the only thing in this pic that looks great, everything else is out of perspective, theres no depth, and whats with the border of grass in the bottom?

this dragon, which is really cool and well executed, deserves a better background and a better picture to be in.

i would rework everytihn exept the dragon, and maby the sky, cause the clouds a rather nice actuly

Mishra is offline Professional Graphic Designer Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with LOTET it needs more depth, perhaps the comp is a little off.

And yes the dragon is rendered nicely it needs to jive with the rest, or the rest should vibe with the dragon rather.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with lotet, but i think that the problem is not in rendering, its the subject.

First i saw 1000 time ilustration of the girl and the dragon.
    Next, I dont have any emotional response for they relation.

If you want I can add some minor things, like mountain in the back wich continues as the tangence of the dragons (what is its name...) spike? I thought its mountain.

The feet of the girl dont make sence. Where she's going?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Disagree with everyone who said the dragon is the high point...

I think you've got a nice, active image going with some pretty colors, just some of the mountains look odd. The dragon, by contrast, is extremely dull, flat and really boring to look at- I just want to keep looking at the girl. Give it some depth, throw in some brighter colors, some oranges maybe. Give it some pop! He shouldn't be blending into the back so much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all, thank you all for posting and giving your opinios, they are important to me. It is good to see different points of views and critiques.

I agree with the lack of perspective, but not with the inexistence of this (reforced by the grass on back). But you are right Lotet and Mishra, I shouldīve improve the colors here to give more impression of depth. And I will cut this grass in the bottom! . It didnīt fit good in the composition as you noticed, and as I noticed after your post.

Danilo, oh my, I didnīt notice this tangence point! Even though the colors are different, it looks like as the moutain yes. Maybe if I give some "atmosphere" color on the mountain it could help. Thank you dude. And oh yes, it is difficult to see because the image is small, but she is walk towards the dragon. While she is holding her weight on the right feet, she is walking with the left. Just some intention to give her some movement.

Chagan, thank you too for your opinion. I guess I should improve those colors yes. In this composition, my intention was to detail the dragon, as something hard, strong, heavy, detailed in colors and rendering and the girl the contrary, soft, few details, simple colors.

Finally, thank you all, I will work in this piece a bit more and try to improve the points you said, as improving in my next compositions as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree completely with lotet.

Additionally, I'd change both the position and posture of the female figure. When you have an image depicting two characters, and both of those characters lie in a plane that is perpendicular to the viewer, it then becomes extremely easy to make the picture unintentionally dull.

Find some references for the girl and grassland. You might also want to reposition the horizon to better convey the depth.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.