What's your story?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post What's your story?

It's simple! If you have never been to art school and had to travel the road of art without a vehicle, tell others with the same situation how you came through and if you can a little advice will be great.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I haven't come through yet, but I have definitely been "refocused" as to what steps to take to improve. When I was younger (until about 2000) I used to draw alot of imaginative stuff but around 2001, I started almost solely using reference pictures. It got to the point where I felt the mark of how good I was was contigent on how well I could reproduce the picture. Then around 2002 I started thinking about knowing the anatomy so as to draw better from imagination, but somehow I stopped with that. Finding this website last year though was a great discovery, now I have the books and resources and encouragement to fundamentally enhance my artistic abilities!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Never took art classes till recently....sometime back joined an art class....bad decision.....nothing much is really taught there....Learned hella lot from this site ,stuff like anatomy, figure drawing, perspective and other basics...again in painting...started doing watercolors after getting inspired by solons work...and he also helped me a lot with watercolors , have tried many analog mediums after that like acrylic, oils, pastels..... I have just made a site for myslef and am a freelance illustrator..
    Now I am learning/trying to learn advanced stuff again from guys at Ca and some books recommended here.....

Lets see where we are heading...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A 5 years back, I took my first serious art class which was part of the school program. At that time I was also learning watercolors. Later I we started using pastels , acrylics and oils ( 2 projects each ). After that, the stopped giving us art classes and couldn't find any art schools where I lived. I luckily found out my uncle had a copy of photoshop and flash so I started learning them by myself. The thing is my drawing sucks and thats what I am currently trying to improve.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art junkie

I have been drawing, doodoling, sketching, painting, and creating ever since I can remember. I have gone to a local college and graduated with a degree in Graphic Design. Found out though that my current job as a welder paid more and had better benefits. Art schools are great place for learning and inspiration, but they are'nt necessary. Its the talent that you are born with that, at first is rough, but can develop. If I was'nt stuck where I am now i would move to a place where I could get a career in the conceptual art field.

My time behind the pencil and more

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/johnnyhotrod/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.