Thread: Jae Lee

Thanks

Jae Lee

Jae Lee is one of my favorite comic artists out there

he just came out with a new mini series you have to check out!

g.i.joe transformers crossover. His style is completely unique and he is a master of the medium...who else can draw transformers with wires and get away with it? he pencils and inks all of his pages and the shadow shapes are just amazing, so much you can learn from his silhuettes alone....

i've collected his work from youngblood strikefiles, wildcats trilogy, namor, captain america, but this new series is really fuckin cool!!! his work has progressed over the years...

i recommend running to the store now before they are all gone....no one else draws those characters like that.....!! If you liked those franchises growing up, then you'll love this.....

oh yeah, the stories good too!

-benzero

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Of course he's a comic book artist...but he just happens to be exceptional in other areas of art as well...

Jae Lee is a very god-like artist...if you haven't already, get the Inhumans maxi-series ..as well as Fantastic 4 1234, and his Sentry mini-series...

Thanks
    did you get the one with the pat lee cover? that was badass too. Jae lees cover was surprisingly weak.

Thanks
    bryan- thanks for letting me know about his other work!

winjer- yeah i got two copies and i'm going to give the pat lee cover to my bro elwood. you didn't like the jae lee cover?? did you open up the leaflets all the way???

honestly, pat lee has too much anime influence in him for my taste. The Duke on the cover is so generic....he's very good but i cant even compare his work to jae lee's work.

its just my opinion, but very few comic artists reach the point where they produce a constant body of outstanding, detailed artwork book after book.

I don't keep up with the industry minute by minute, and these artists are just personal favorites, but over the years the three that have never let me down are:

jim lee
    travis charest
    jae lee

-benzero

Thanks
    Benzo: No Prob..I am also a Jae Lee fanatic...
    He has also done some very sick Lithos through Dynamic Forces...the coolest of the bunch was Spidey vs the Sinister Six...

We seem to have a very similar tates when it comes to some of our fave artists...
    Travis CHarest being my favorite..
    Jim Lee is the only artist out of the founding members of IMage who has a solid understanding of anatomy and design(of course he tweaks everything to suit his style)

I should start a tread on comics...see how many people bite..

Thanks
    Hmm.. Last time I looked, Jea Lee's art did nothing for me. Mind you, it was years and years ago ; he probably evolved from... wherever he was then. I hope.

Thanks
    Yes he most certainly have...

I really don't enjoy any of the earlier work..but all the recent stuff..with his high contrast style..is fantastic

Thanks

Thanks
    -ion broner

thanks for that link! those new covers are hot- the panther deceptacon is so fuckin cool! Whats its name? Its the only transformer I still have.

I feel so distanced from the comics industry..... i hardly knew all the stuff that jae lee has done. i guess thats what happens when you stay away from it for a few years. man, its hard to keep up with everything.....

-benzero

Thanks
    Benzo fortunately comics is a huge part of my life....I pretty up to dateon a lot of going ons...

Like for instance i'm sure you didn't know Jae Lee also did a special Darknes story for dynamic forces..it's like 10 bucks...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.