P.O.W.! Challenge 10 Special Event!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 10 Special Event!

P.O.W.! Challenge 10 will be a special one-month six page minimum/16 page maximum Special Challenge Event!
    Deadline: To be posted April 8, 2008, and ending May 6, 2008, 11:59 pm anywhere in the world.

Topic: To be determined by you peons

Note that the dates have been changed (See my latest post below)

This is being posted here to remind all of you that we exist, and in case you aren't in the habit of checking the challenge areas...well...DO IT! Dammit! As for Challenge 10, it's an open topic this time to be determined by the peons at large. As soon as you can, post one or more suggestions for a topic that you would like to see as the Challenge 10 Topic. If someone posts something you like, ALSO post it in your post so we can start to get a consensus. A few days before the deadline is to start, we knock heads here and come up with the actual final topic. Of course and as usual, you will be able to interpret it any way you wish, in any media. B&W or Color.

For Challenge 10, you will present your solution as a minimum of SIX to a maximum of SIXTEEN pages which adhere to standard comic specs as below...and, yes, you can have the first or last (or both) as a splash page if you want.

Standard Comic Book Size:

--Trim size: 6 5/8" x 10 1/4"
    --Live art area: 6" x 9"
    --Bleed size before trimming: 6 7/8" x 10 1/2" (1/8" in all directions)

This thread will be the place you ask questions on this challenge and post your suggestions (No art is to be posted in this thread). See the READ THIS FIRST thread for all specs.

I'm also posting this as an announcement in the lounge so as many people as possible get to see it.

For those of you Lounge Rats who can't find your own ass to scratch without a roadmap, go here...

http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

Last edited by Ilaekae; March 20th, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm bumping this as a shameless plug, because somehow, we have people who come here every day and then say, "Oh! I didn't know this existed..."

PUH-leeeeeeeze...

Challenge 7 closes this Tuesday (Absolute Power Corrupts)
    Challenge 8 closes the following Tuesday (Knock Knock)
    Challenge 9 will be posted this Tuesday (TBA)
    ...and the following Tuesday, we post Challenge 10--a special one-month event.

W'd'ya wan me t'do? Draw 'em, too?

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    W'd'ya wan me t'do? Draw 'em, too?
    yes. yes we do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't make me come down there and smack you upside the head, 'roo Boy...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ilaekae: I still plan on doing a POW one of these days, but it's quite a lot of work to do a couple of pages so I have to find some time first I think it'd be worth a try to keep the rounds in a linear fashion though (two weeks for one topic then close it and start the next). I find myself thinking about something for one challenge then halfway through I see the next and want to try that one as well, ending up with nothing...or it could be just me and my lazy attitude

Edit: Hmm now why didn't I post this in the POW area instead of here...sorry for that

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    "Oh! I didn't know this existed..."
    Oh I didn't know... uh....
    Very cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We're in the process of firming up a special 10th Challenge for P.O.W.! and so far, the following topics have been suggested. The final project will be between 6 and 16 standard comic pages in either black and white or color.

The Challenge was originally planned to start March 25, but due to some other changes I'm making, it will be held back until April 8 through May 6, 2008. The standard Challenge Number 9 will be posted on March 25 instead, and will run a full two weeks with no overlapping, which will continue to be the standard after Challenge 10, since many people are getting confused by the overlapping challenges. To make this clear, each regular challenge now will run a full two weeks with no overlaps, which should hopefully make things a bit easier for most of you.

This is also being posted in the 10th Challenge Lounge thread to get the info out as best we can. Those of you who haven't expressed any preferences yet, just add them to this thread, or "second" an already posted topic, and I'll get a poll up on the 25th to choose our 10th Challenge topic. To attract as many people as possible, it will be a Multiple Choice of three, so we will actually have THREE topics for the Challenge starting on April 8th.

Possible topics so far, followed by the number of additional mentions (*)...

Zombies

He made me do it! **

Close Encounters **

Poe short story (and variations) *****

Four 13-year-old Japanese schoolgirls highjack a NASA flight to the moon

A civil war between Hollywood hairdressers *

One of those days when nothing goes right

Giant bug things *

Trying to do something where everybody involved is "over-the-top" politically correct

The world's most incompetent terrorists

Alabama declares war on Sweden/Italy/Mongolia

Quotes of Ilaekae (NO WAY!)

It's Alive! **

The Final Stand **

10 (as in a number/theme/symbol and variations mentioned) ****

Something's not right here **

That's the Beauty of it! **

The Barman's Tale *

Close Encounters with 13-year-old Japanese Schoolgirls (Again--NO WAY!) *

Draw!

His First Hunt

Is it Me? **

The Shop of Superpowers *

Any Story in the Public Domain

Fable *

Here are a few I'm adding, and I seconded a few of the above...

The Dream

Reality Sucks

First Love

War of the Sexes

It's a Male (or Female) Thing

The Golem (any interpretation)

Cybernetics

The Vegetable Revolution

Never ask Grandma about your family history

The Pet

Fast Food (Hunting/Gathering in the 21st Century)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of the possible problems I had noticed about the activity not being widely known is that at the front door of the forums, where the community activities are mentioned, it names 3CH "A Buried Droid Probe..." instead of the current POW. I didn't say anything before because I generally don't go out of my way to create more work for Davi. Still, some of the new blood pouring in might be looking around for 3CH and not finding it, while at the same time ignoring POW because they think it is about painting on wood panels or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i've notice that too but i never bothered to say anything about it...

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JL.Alfaro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also...ZOMBIES and Im in

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.