Sketchbook: My sketchbook :) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My sketchbook :)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're definately heading in the right direction here. And you have improved so fast, just keep working hard hard hard! Also, I can tell that you have something called 'Self Motivation'. Nobody is sure where it comes from, but once you have it, you can do anything! And you have done what you wanted to do, improve, and you will keep on improving as long as you have Self Motivation. A lot of people here have it too, which one day I hope to get it also, but I haven't achieved it yet. A great sketchbook you have here, keep up the hard work

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Critiq please !

Trying to improve drawing heads and faces, looks like crap still but i think im improving. Anyway i need your criticism, and you know it !
    And thanks for the encouraging comment Spirit, i sure will keep it up

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your lines are static and I think it's because even though you're trying (that's obvious from your studies), you're not understanding why things look the way they do.

It's like, you can copy something exactly all you like, but until your brain gets why legs can bend in such a way it's not going to look right when you regurgitate the mental picture you have.

You need to draw from life. I guess posematics is a book or something?

It's not always easy to go find a nude to draw, but I think drawing ANYTHING from observation will help you.

What you end up with on paper when you're drawing from life is kind of irrelevant a lot of the time - the idea is that it forces you to pay attention to more than you would usually. When you observe things in the real world, you have to pay attention to things that you wouldn't in a photo. I find it trains your brain to remember things, visually, and apply them when you're not drawing from life.

Sketchbook | Art Blog | Portfolio

True progress means matching the world to the vision in our heads.
    But we always change the vision instead.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I Xerotin! Thanks for commenting on my sketchbook.

From what I can see from your work you seem to be improving, but I still have to repeat what others have said: draw from life.

Draw people on the street, draw your friends, draw your family or even draw yourself in the mirror. The benefits will be obvious to you after you've done this for awhile.

*reminds himself to follow his own advice*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry

Here are some really bad sketches from yeasterday, i was trying to draw some more faces, but i was having the worst day ever....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the tips and thoughts Hajime, i think i understand what you mean and i shall work more on life drawing studies
    I Like i said i will try and draw more from life, i appriciate the critiq and comments

Here is some work from this morning, im sorta satisfied so far, but i dont know what to do with the head. And i have to head of into town now, so was hoping someone could point out something about it so i can improve it a bit more maybe. Anyway free your mind with critiqs and comments EDIT, And the stupied hand looks crap, the right hand, any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited by Xerotin; April 4th, 2008 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

I tried to finish this one that i started this morning, still cant figure out what to do with the face. And im really bad at drawing faces as you can see anyways, guess i just need to draw draw draw and then draw some more faces.
    Still need to improve alot i hope you all can help, your critiq has been awsome so far. I belive this forum and some of you has helped me ALOT already, thanks
    EDIT, oh and i know i completly fucked up her left hand...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How's it going Xerotin ? Nice start. Not bad for a beginner at all. Like everyone else has said before, just keep at it and YOU WILL improve ! Having said that, there is a right way to go about it. When doing your anatomy studies, focus first on the simple forms and stay away from the rippling muscles for a while. I've attached a little sketch to show what I mean.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Madfishmonger: Thanks for the encouregment
    Brendan Draney: Thanks for the advice, maybe i will try doing what you said im just a bit worried that it might slow down my learning process, but im a complete beginner so all advices is greatly appriciated.

As for now im trying to learn how to use corel painter X, and i am clueless. Im going to post my work in progress as soon as i've done some more, but please any advices and all advices about this program could help me alot. I dont know anything about almost..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Ok here it is my work in progress, i dont know what the hell im doing. This is the first time ever i used any program like this, so please all information anyone can give is really appriciated. Just keep in mind i never used this, and im from sweden so please try and keep the launguage simple

Last edited by Xerotin; April 5th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

Another anatomy study, i figure i would try and put some more time in this. Spent about 20-30 minutes on it so far. Im not that happy with it tho so i dont feel like finishing it..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man. Let me try help by criting on ur SB. Its good you are doing anatomy studies, but keep in mind its more about design than anatomy in concept art. And when I see your designs of characters, it seems your lines are a bit too stiff. Try experimenting with some more loose lines, this will also help you in your anatomy aswell.

I dont think the anatomy will be a problem, although the one in post 37 could use some anatomicly correct fixes before painting it. I learned that if the basic model sketch of your piece isnt good yet, the digital painting will also not be perfect. You can see that pretty good in post 41, where the anatomy still is off.(Make her left hand- the normal one- bigger, head lil smaller and the upper body -shoulders and ribcase- a lil smaller)

Hope to see some more experiments, and hope I helped u out a lil.

Peace

Thanks for dropping by!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Dejakhalz, i really appriciate your critiq, ye i noticed the hand hehe. And i will defenetly try and loosen my lines up abit More expirements will be coming shortly, i just feel i need to work a bit more on drawing from life and faces to get my basic better before i go more into actual concepts and expirements

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start, draw more, draw from life, draw selfportraits

I try to learn mostly by copying - from how to draw books, other people's art, real objects, photos. Look at the real stuff, look how that artist draws it, look how the other artist draws it (maybe you understand the other approach better), look at photos, read about it, look at the real stuff again and so on. Don't know if it's a good way to learn, but that's how I do it.
    David Briggs has a website here with tons of great information: http://djcbriggs.googlepages.com/

My Stuff: DeviantArt, Sketchbook
    My Tools: Gimp
    IDW

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

I have had a terrible day today just felt like i was doing worse for each drawing i made, really frustrating. Some days i feel really good about my drawings and like im really am improving, and other days just is like today..
    Leysan: Thanks for the advice, i tried to draw some from photos, looking at other artists work and just tried to draw some of it myself to try and improve. Here some of the results.
    The second picture makes me feel really bad, i hope posting it will make me push myself more..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't feel bad about your drawings, no one starts out making Rembrandt quality art. Your drawings aren't bad, just keep practicing and you'll be where you want to be.

With the last female face I would work on the proportions, the eyes are a bit too large and the mouth is a smudge too right.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

WIP, last drawing before bed, leave your critiq please.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Here is drawing from today, the girl looks a bit wierd i might redo this drawing sometime in the future

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Still here

Its been a while since i last posted anything, i guess i started dislike my drawings and didnt really wanna show it. But i've been drawing every day. Anyway i think i will get better faster with your help so im going to post my latest drawings that i've made. Please leave C&C.
    The following drawings i've just made are quick drawings with photo ref. Im going to post more later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

this i've made when i didnt know what to draw, so i just tried to draw my couch and plant that was around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some drawings i've made the last days.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

One of my better drawings in my opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy

If you havnt seen the movie this a monster from Silent hill, used a photo ref for this one, changed a few things. I screwed up the upper part of his chest, its to skinny should have made it wider

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drawing of a face i made today, the mouth is a bit small. I didnt feel like finishing it..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon

Another sketch, hoping for some pointers on what to work on to improve my drawings. I know i need to work on everything but would like to know more specifik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.