Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    kelly x Thanks very much Yeah, i was always concerned that using references may be cheating but now that you say so, i think i'll start using them for most of my imaginary work. Thanks again.

Lateman Thanks man, i'm quite happy with the selfportrait and i will definately do some more, keep an eye out for 'em I will create a mental library! It'll be huge! I hope.

O.k. so basically a couple of studies and random doodles + some made up perspective stuff, i really should get a book on perspective. Got a photostudy coming up tomorrow maybe...it's not looking too good at the moment, hope for the best!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey man, long time no see. Really like the drawings, especially the digital self-portrait, looks so like you. And also its proportions are fabuloso, well done. See you soon mate!
    oh and looking at reference pics is a good idea, no one in the world would say its cheating. and the people that do are too ignorant to be worth listening to,

Thanks
    I really like how you do anatomy studies, it inspires me to do some too! Make some more, keep uploading.

Thanks
    JackCohen Hey Yeah it has been too long. Thanks man, i know there are a couple of things that are still quite out on the portrait but it was a satisfying attempt. I'll do another and aim to do a lot better, can always be better! I'm going to make a digital library of references that i can print of etc, only problem is the PC is slow, looking forward to getting hold of a laptop. Cheers man, c'ya soon hopefully!

pijus Hey thanks I'll keep doing it this way then, haha. I'm glad that they inspire you to do some, do as many as you can, tis what i'm doing and they're fun ....at times. I'll do some more tomorrow! Cheers.

Hey all, please forgive me for my lack of updates. I have been out of practise, i need to get my backside into gear and do loads! So from Monday onwards i intend to draw and paint EVERY day and if not then i'm going to have to kain myself and do loads more for every day i miss.

Got work tomorrow so can't have a late night tonight. Here's a study that didn't go well and i've reached the point where i'm finding it really difficult to work on. A challege is good because i learn new things but i'm going to leave this one alone.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Here's some studies and a self portrait. I think the self portrait could have been a lot better, i want to be able to create a good one using a loose and quick style. I took about 1hr30 on it and then decided to stop, the hair takes ages! I'm going to have to do a proper one soon. All crits welcome.

...i swear if i don't cut my hair, it's going to consume my face...

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Firstly a sketch for a story my good friend is writing. It didn't turn out how i wanted it too, i find drawing space craft difficult, just takes practice i guess! Secondly a black and white, i need to do more of these to get better at them. I kept this one very simple.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Started back at college today Going to have less time now to draw, i hate it. Here's two sketchbook pages, they're both pretty poor, i think i need to work at a slower pace?

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Didn't post anything yesterday, not good. Here's yesterdays two hour sketchbook page, can't believe it took me two hours! What am i doing!? I'm trying to save two hours each evening for drawing, i would do longer but my excuse is clarinet, Japanese (oh yeah! took it up as a GCSE this year), and other coursework...some of which i am sacrificing to draw.

Need to do LOOOADS of anatomy as my characters don't seem to be improving at all.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 643 Posts
    Looking good!
    I see alot of improvment from page 1
    Do more of those life drawings they really help
    And anatomy too, study the whole body
    then 1 body part at a time, start with the skeleton first
    then do some posemaniacs every day for movment and muscles
    study andrew loomis figure drawing for its all its worth that book is very helpful
    george bridgman and hogarth put together are like the best weapon in the world, and put all together nd you got a killer bomb
    Overall doing great
    just keep at it

Thanks
    I have no excuse for not updating! Argh, it's been way too long! I will get my act together soon!

lilnebo Thanks for the awesome advice I haven't done the skeleton yet. I have Bridgeman and Hogarth but i can't seem to get hold of some of Loomis' stuff. I used to do pose manics but i stopped, i'll pick it up again! Cheers!

O.k. a few sketchbook pages and some observational sketches in my Cachet (Daler Rowney version of a Moleskin, haa ). The character is really messed up, i think i went way too long with the legs! Hopefully i'll get some more stuff done for tomorrow, need to keep at it.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    I'm being lazy again...I haven't been on CA much at all recently! NO!

Nothing good yet. I'm working on a digi painting at the momento!

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Just some studies for today, looking forward to having a bit of time over the weekend to draw.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    hey dude. looking good on here. found these good tutorials online take a looksee what you think, shall email you the links in case it looks like im spamming on here. just check your email

Thanks
    Hey man looks like your doing the right things to improve. Anatomy and figure studies are definately the best way to improve quickly, especially if you can do them from life. Definite improvement in the digital painting since the first page. Some of your characters from imagination seem to lack a sense of volume, they seem very flat. Try simplifying them down into basic shapes, that are easy to give volume to, like cylinders and rectangles. I had an assignment in drawing class once where we had to draw a model using only primitive 3d shapes, and the results of these studies are excellent for
    figure work.

Thanks
    JackCohen Hey thanks man, cool stuff. I'm gonna check out your 3D stuff soon, i hope u've done lots!

Pyroclasm00 Hey thanks man I will definately do that with my characters/figures. I've been wondering how i can make them pop more, you're advice is greatly valued, i'm going to do some of them soon! Thanks.

A simple character and two self-portraits. The first one is terrible! But i have to post it to show difficulties. I rushed it and it's proper elongated! Anyhew, the second one is slightly better, i focused on speed. The eyes are pretty bad on this one though, i'm sure there's loads more inaccuracies. Gonna keep going...i hope.

Thanks

Sky

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast