Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    gardenrusalka I will definately do that, thanks. The reason i have been using quite obvious lines is because i have been advised to work on my lines. I will start to exercises where i am not allowed to use lines and focus only on form and volume. Thanks

kelly x Wow, thanks very much. All you've just said is really helpful, i'll make sure i buy that download some time soon. I think you're right, i am also an optical artist. However i would like to improve my line work, i hope that i'm not totally useless at it. I'm going to give this envelope technique a try some time. Thanks Kelly, i apreciate it

Well because i haven't done anything proper today because i've been working i don't really have much to show, i'm being suckish. Anyhew, i thought i'd post what i'm working on instead.

For the second painting, i decided to start with basic silhouettes to try and improve the proportions of the characters.

Thanks

Sky

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

reply from paintlover!

hi! stolen! i am paint lover(madhuchitran), how r u ?yesterday i saw u r sketches& profiles, all works is nice!i am really appreciate it ! take more time spend in u r works,and take practice more! thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to paint lover For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    paint lover Hi paint lover, i'm good thank you, how about you? I will spend more time on my work, i really need to in order to get better results. Thanks

Ok, i should really stop posting WIP. Here's the B&W so far, i might leave it at this, not sure. It could be much better i'm just not sure how to improve it, i guess just continue painting.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    I haven't had as much time as i hoped and i keep getting up late, dang! Haha

Well here's some studies. They didn't turn out well because i don't think i spent enough time on them.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    hey stolensky, nice sb, I'm going to get straight to crits here

I think it's good that you're drawing still life, but you should also try to work on drawing more studies of other things, try to keep it as diverse as possible. Honestly, I'd probably say that it would be best that you put down color and painting for now and focus more on just drawing. Drawing digital is fine, but make sure you do a lot of sketches to build stronger foundational skills, if the foundations of a drawing aren't right, then the rendering in most cases won't work anyways. You need to work in baby steps to improve the fastest, and as boring as it may seem, start practicing painting geometry with black and white values.

the most important things to remember when learning to draw is to maintain consistency and have fun with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kvick I've felt like i've had to keep up digital painting but i will give it a break for a while and do lots of sketching, i enjoy it more anyway. I'll try and cover a larger subject area as well. I have done a sketch this evening of my hallway...a bit of change from still life...just needed to drag my comfy chair about three meters. I'm too lazy. Thanks

I've been rubbish again and have not done a lot of drawing This is all i have to show for today. I really need to get my act togther asap. I'm going to Portugal next week so there will lots of nice archetecture to draw hopefully...if i don't bore my mate too much.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Here's some studies and a partially completed character design. Need to do moooooore!

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Hey all. Here's some studies from yesterday. They aren't accurate, i think i may need to spend more time on them. Yet again, not a lot to show.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    these are looking pretty good, I can't wait till you start painting block style!! hate to push you but I feel the need!

Thanks
    kelly x I'm going away on Wednesday for two weeks so i will have to do a painting tomorrow! I'm not sure whether to do a study or something from my imagination? Thanks

I went out cycling with my mate, took my sketchbook and didn't sketch anything! So this is all i have to show for today. Hogarth studies.

Thanks

Sky
    Last edited by StolenSky; July 21st, 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Here's a very early stage of my latest painting, i had a lot of difficulty getting it started.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Hey! It's great that you're keeping up with your studies! I see you're progressing with them! Heh, don't worry about how long you're taking...I take weeks to draw ONE thing. You're doing quite well to me! All you can do is draw when you can!

Great muscle practice!! Keep it up with those proportions, it's not completely about anatomy that you'd need to work on, but also about how parts of the body connect to other parts, including when you consider measurement between different parts. Actually, I was reading one post you made about "cheating" with a profile view of a face. Really, it's not really cheating, because the profile can be difficult to draw correctly. I should know...I always draw the side of the face as wide as the frontal view, but it's longer. I see you've already been working with the profile view in post #67.

Just keep at it, I say! I think you're doing great!! ^___^

Thanks
    JazzW Thanks, maybe i should spend more time on my paintings, i think i will. I will look at bone structure etc some time to gain a wider understanding on the movement of the human figure. Yeah, the face is major tricky. I never get the height or width right to start with, i'll keep working at it. Thanks again

Here's the painting so far and what i based it off. Not going to well but i shall keep working at it!...when i get back after two weeks.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    omg that last painting update is amazing!! keep it up man, you're coming on leaps and bounds. hope you have a gd holiday. i'll probs see you sometime after you get back.
    JC

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JackCohen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I really feel those last ones. Especially the b/w...nice! It's really coming along.
    Bring me the priest.

Sketchbook!

KS.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gardenrusalka For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast