Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    aks9 I do have to stop being lazy and post my pages the right way...*sigh*. I find colour hard so I thought i'd start tackling it, starting with coloured pencils because I like how they blend. Thanks dude

jskotte Thank you I'm going to make myself use more colour because I'm too comfy with graphite pencils and fine-liners. More colours to come!

I've been in Tenerife for the past week and tried to draw when I could. There were loads of cool little cafes (where I drank far too much coffee) and restaurants in our town, so plenty to draw. It's great fun drawing in a different country all together. My pages are very scruffy and a lot of sketches are unfinished but it was all good fun. I tried experimenting with a new way of rendering with fine liners, I quite enjoyed it but I've become far too attached to the liners, I'm banning myself temporarily! Anyhew, I need to start studying a tad harder this week...when I wake up properly

Thanks

Sky

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    very nice work! especially the pen stuff. seems like you drew quite a lot while there.
    all I can suggest is, (at least in future maybe) try finishing off those poses? even if that means using your imagination to fill in, I'm sure it would be useful training (also to see what you _can't_ do)

Thanks
    aks9 Thank you kindly I wanted to draw more but I decided to take the time to chill and...do nothing. Thanks for your advice about the studies, I will try and finish all of them in the future. I seem to follow some sort of unwritten law that I'm not allowed to add too much imaginative stuff to studies, silly moi!

I've been so knackered the past few days so I can't seem to produce any imaginative work. I hope to pick up the pace again soon. I've become addicted to fine-liner studies!

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    POST MORE YOU LAZY BUM

Thanks
    aks9 I am becoming far too lazy, it's hereditary I swear! I'll get myself back into gear, thanks dude

The last few days have been busy-ish and I haven't been on CA or doing much drawing. I'm loosing direction here so I'm going kick myself into studying colour, anatomy, etc. I'm finding that pose maniacs is helping with proportions and silhouetting, gonna do moooore.
    I picked up some smexy red and blue fine-liners the other day, YAY more colours!

Thanks

Sky
    Last edited by StolenSky; August 24th, 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    you're making some nice progress! the sketchbook pages are exactly what you should be doing, keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Hey Benj (its chris) finally found your sketchbook lol Looks like youve been busy during the summer, your anatomy studies are looking good. Keep it up m8. See youve discovered pose maniacs, used to do those as warm ups, had to stop doing them after awhile I was running out of sketchbooks

Finally got around to starting up my conceptart sketchbook again, will have to keep it updated since your doing it to ;p Cya in september m8

Thanks
    Liffey Thanks, that's encouraging I'm always convinced that I'm doing the wrong thing so it's comforting to know that it's paying off. I'll keep going at it!

Scriar
    Hey Chris! Great to see you on here. I'm loving your sketchbook, keep it updated too I know what you mean about running out of sketchbooks, I'm going through too much paper! Recycle, the possibilities are endless! Looking forward to catching up

I've been a little busy recently so I haven't made the time to draw, let alone paint! I finish work tomorrow so I'm hoping to get in some painting soon. Also, I actually might start being imaginative-ish again.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    I've been a smidge busy recently but I'm trying to draw when I can. I'm moving back to Plymouth next Friday for Uni. Anyhew, here's a reeeally bad (elongated!!) self-portrait and some other stuff

Thanks

Sky
    Last edited by StolenSky; September 10th, 2010 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks
    your definitely progressing! the stuff in your ("real") sketchbook is awesome

Thanks
    aks9 Thanks dude I really appreciate it. I've recently moved down to Uni so I haven't been doing much. But my room has a wicked set-up so it's really easy to work now.

Thanks
    Hoping to re-join the fight! Some studies to start with...

Thanks
    Very nice sketchbook, I like your portraits/ figures. You handle proportions well!

Thanks
    welcome back and happy new year, my crit is post more lazy bom

Thanks
    ezekriala Thanks I enjoy portraits...I really need to practice drawing other people though! Happy New Year dude

aks9
    Thank you sir! A Happy New Year to you too! That's a good crit, I need to get off my backside! Thanks for your encouragements and crits, I value them muchly

Soooo, here's another unfinished study...I kinda gave the bottles to a friend for New Years, I think I still have a few left. Anyhew, my plan is to complete my next study and to really establish the light source etc.

Thanks

Sky

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast