Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    good studying! Just keep practicing and you'll be amazing!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    jaredsalmond Thanks I'll keep at it!

I only managed to fit in one study this morning, I've spent the day with my girlfriend
    I didn't completely finish this one, something I keep on doing. Anyway, I haven't started working in colour yet digitally, I hope to focus on values at the moment. Is this a good idea?

I'm rather sleepy now, off to bed zZz

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Hey! I've got work this morning but I tried to fit in another eye study. Yet again, this one isn't finished...buuut I hope to actually create a finished study on Sunday.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    I've been so exhausted the past couple of days so I haven't done much drawing, I can't seem to keep the focus. We had friends over on Sunday, one of them does modelling for TV/film and he's so blimmin' awesome! He's such a dude as well 8)

I'm doing mainly studies at the moment and I haven't done anything from imagination, I think I'm being too timid and I'm convincing myself that I don't have the knowledge or skill to create decent characters etc. I've just got to do it!

Here's a self-portrait from this evening. Yet again...unfinished! I didn't want to get too much of a late night so I left this one as it is. I feel I've learnt a bit from this one; started with simple lines and then blocked in.

Enough ramble!

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    I've tried a couple of photo studies that start off well but gradually go downhill. I'm not too sure how to finish up a photo study and I end up losing motivation. I try to block in tones first but then I just make a mess by overworking areas!

How do you paint trees!?!?

All critiques and advice welcome

Thanks.

Sky

Thanks
    My favourite car is the Fiat 500. Seriously, I've never had a thing for cars but this car totally does it for me! These studies are from photos so I took a while over them. Sadly I was laaaazy again and didn't finish the tyres or hub caps. Drawing vehicles is tricky, try to get the proportions right and everything.

Thanks all

Sky

Thanks
    Here's a few simple sketchbook pages from the past few days. I've been knackered recently and I can't motivate myself to draw. I'm just going to get lots of sleep over the next few days and wake up

Thanks

Sky

Thanks
    Those eyes are very good, and your self-portraits are improving. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Really digging the car drawings you've done, and your portraits are improving too, keep going dude!

Thanks
    woah man! awesome change compared to first page!
    I'm loving the paper studies in your notebook, very very awesome work. car is great too

practice the portraits! i think there needs to be a slightly wider gap inbetween the eyes in some of them. I don't really know my own anatomy yet, but if im not mistaken, the width of the space between the eyes is a full-eye. in the sketchbooks there are 2 portraits (one self and one girl) that i think could both do with a lil wider space, imho

Thanks
    pixel cheetah Thanks I need to keep working on those eyes, I can never align them properly. Self-portraits are fun because I know I'll sit still and I can take my time, i'll keep them coming!

Exon-Ion
    Thank you The car studies were from a photograph however there is a Fiat 500 parked just down the road, I'll get myself out there and do some more.

aks9
    I totally agree about the eyes, I'm always drawing them reeeally close together and it makes people look scary. Lets keep working away at that anatomy! Thank you muchly dude

I've been sleepy and lazy the past few days so I don't have a lot to show. But, I have actually started using colour in my sketchbook, finally! I want to learn more about colour theory and the best way to do that is to get out the colours and study. Most of this stuff is unfinished, I need to learn to follow a drawing the whole way through.

Thank you for the comments, I hope I can be as helpful to you guys too.

Sky

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting my SB! When doing the face studies do not just draw the visible key features (like eyes, nose, etc) but try to build it up structurally, think of the planes and think of the underlying structures. Also contrast is missing from most of your work, put down some blacks and you will see the difference.

Thanks
    pixel cheetah Thanks I always make my faces so flat. I'll get studying on those planes of the face again and the underlying bone structure. And I shall include more black, mooooooore!

These pages are fairly all over the place, I'm being sleepy again
    The character that I didn't finish has pretty bad anatomy, I'm going to stop being lazy and start using references for my work.

Anyhew, I hope to do some more imaginative stuffs from here onwards. I need to think about lighting, composition, and narrative. For the character page, I started the sketch and then thought about compositions later...bummer. I found that there are many more interesting angles to take this shot from than the one I've used, so I may re-create this sketch as a proper piece and go through the whole design process. I want the heroine to look aggressive and relentless.

Thanks,

Sky

Thanks
    scan that upside-down page the right way around!
    good start with your colours. true what you say, same should go fo rme

Thanks
    Some really nice studies here, your pencils are the strongest at the moment. The anatomy and also the cars look very good. But maybe do more color work as well, so everything will progress

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast