Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Aw, fantastic Luness! Here are the worlds I talked about. Every creature head tells a story. That is, what I feel, when I look at them. They are looking like taken from a history or biology book.
    Here are many great artists, but you are the only one, who brings that feeling to me. I can see the love, you put in your pieces, I am very impressed! Top!
    But there is something, that I am interested in. How much time did you spend on each creature head? Or your other works? The most are looking, like you move easily your hand over the paper and "bang!" there is a cool little guy on it. I'm just curious. *smile*

Okay, enough talking! Keep the great work, I'm coming back!!

Rebecca

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wow... where the hell these creactures come to your mind.!?
    these are all new and fantastic designs. i like the style you combine defferent things.
    wish the best with the rest.

JPC is offline derailed artist trying to find his way back
    Thanks
    Wow! You are an amazing artist.
    Your sketches speak volumes to me man.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Subscribed for sure.

Thanks
    Wow, these are so beautiful. I love your style - Everything is so clean and detailed. It's really nice and your creatures are amazing. AnDrash is my favorite.

Thanks
    I love those color jobs a few posts back, but the drop shadow totaly kills all depth of form. Unless the fish things are cut down the midial line, stuck on toothpicks, and elevated at an equal level off the page. But Im not buying it. *edit* oh damn I just saw the first two pages. Those are really awesome, I'd love to see some of those sketches colored up. I bow to you
    SketchBook Chris Yoakum?

Thanks
    The Deep character head designs are great! Very original.

Quinn

Thanks
    Outstanding character development. Good drawing AND good design. The subtlety of the expressions in the characters' faces is fantastic.

Thanks
    Hi there. I decided to go back to those head designs and work on their bodies, and put aside for a bit the DEEP industrial design Iím working on. I also want to try different rough color schemes for each character, so hopefully Iíll get some time to do that.
    As you might notice, I drew the faces just like in the original drawings and started the posing from there. Itís easier to tell what character I developed. Right now Iím doing the second page of bodies but I wanted to take a break and do some posting to keep my SB alive. I'm drawing smaller so then I have more time to work on most of the characters. These designs go from 3 to 5 inches tall. It was fun and somewhat challenging to add details and such things.

InFlame Ė oh my, such kind words. Thank you so much. About the time I spent on each character head, letís say from 10min to 30min, maybe? I donít know, to be honest. I tend to focus on getting a good design rather than creating a bunch of poor/medium/good quality ones at good speed, since I believe speed will come eventually, through constant practice, but getting good at designing take some time and needs special attention and dedication, no rush.
    Same thing with my other stuff. With the demons series, from one day to two, depending on the level of detail and amount of rendering. For the colored pieces, a day and a half or even three days, working about 5hrs every time, perhaps more. Although with the colored pieces I like to stop working on them for a while and then, the next day or the day after, come back to them with a clear mind, refreshed, just to check the cast shadows, volume, if I want to add something new, etc.
    Thanks again for your lines, girl.

living_for_cg Ė haha, well, I did some research before designing, looking over my photo reference folder for fish and other sea creatures, and then I got inspired, forcing myself to stay away from cliches or if not, to give them a twist. Thank you!!!

JPC Ė haha, Iím glad you like them. Thank you!!

xXxSnObUnNii Ė thank you! Andrash was quite fun to design.

MonkeYoakum Ė I agree with you in some part because those are not finished pieces but still work in progress. I put a quick drop shadow to help myself get a better idea of how it would look if I kept working with the concept of captured-fish-on-the-lab-table instead of picture them alive and swimming, and I think I managed to get closer to that effect on the final pieces, so youíre invited to take a look at them at the final DEEP thread, after the 30th; but hey, thanks a lot for the note. Iím quite conscious that my self-taught tuition doesnít guarantee that I will excel on every technique by my own, so I embrace feedback from other artist. It will let me progress and develop a better technique. Thank you!

Quinn Simoes Ė Thank you man. Thanks again for stopping by and for the nice comments.

Lord Sharpie Ė wow man, thank you. Very kind words.

Anyways, I hope you like these designs and don't forget checking the final DEEP threads. There are lots of crazy good designs out there from a bunch of talented artist.

Thanks
    Your designs are by far the best I've seen, you're definitely my fav for the contest! I love the latest head studies and the full figures. Great job on the variation in the designs. Colour please!

Thanks
    Watching Your works is like a glimpse of far away magical worlds. I'm so impressed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 468 Posts
    Greeeaaaat drawings!

Wow, this is the sort of thing that reminds me to appreciate the conduit of the pencil. Kickass conceptualizing, mate!
    I'm with Iridyse... Bring some light coloured washes into these drawings!!!

Thanks
    very original and wonderful designs!

Thanks
    Hi

I just had to register to ask you some questions your work is stunning
    i like the sketches and the ones with the blue background its so nice

What i want to know is do you use pictures of humans or animals
    when u draw to see how a body part looks or u just create everything
    just right out of your head?

What i would like to see is some mechanical creature or some kind of vehicle
    or just a human character in your style that would be great to see wich
    ideas you come up with to make that character special.

your work is great keep up the good work.

Thanks
    I love your method! That line quality is super delicious. MMMMMMMMMMM

Thanks
    Thank you, Luness, for taking time on answering my questions so detailed. But I thought that this would be the answer. Art needs time!

Cool DEEP designs! keep this way, good direction! Looking forward for more!

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast